Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #85
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
As far as Hendrix opinion of NW and him telling us not to buy it is a crock of shit, that's about as ass backwards it can get. Just because we didn't buy it from him doesn't mean he shouldn't take into his own personal hands and admitt there's a problem and as of yet, no way to fix it all while he's still pushing the products.

Warning: if you have a stock Ls3 motor this junk will work. Otherwise just make a nice paper weight out of it.
Other than going back to the stock tb or waiting for a fix, what are the alternatives?

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #86
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
So NW is aware of the issue and is working on a fix but is to busy to address us himself? Did I get that right?
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #87
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
So NW is aware of the issue and is working on a fix but is to busy to address us himself? Did I get that right?
+1
Old 05-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #88
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
I just want to say to anyone who has purchased from me I am here for you and have a Short term solution as well as a long term solution, and continually testing other solutions.

So Contact me directly and I will Solve your issues Directly.

I have posted the power Levels we have seen the Throttle blades shut on each blower we tested them on.

If you are below this power level you have No worries,,by the time your ready to move to the next level contact me and I will have a solution.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #89
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I just want to say to anyone who has purchased from me I am here for you and have a Short term solution as well as a long term solution, and continually testing other solutions.

So Contact me directly and I will Solve your issues Directly.

I have posted the power Levels we have seen the Throttle blades shut on each blower we tested them on.

If you are below this power level you have No worries,,by the time your ready to move to the next level contact me and I will have a solution.

Ted.
Ted,
Is this an issue with centrifugals such as the ysi? I hope to be making 800+rwhp soon.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #90
OrangeChevyII

Drives: 2010 RS/SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
Other than going back to the stock tb or waiting for a fix, what are the alternatives?
C5 NW TB. The blade opens the opposite direction vs the Camaro stuff.
First to run 11's all motor
First to run 10's (10.96) and did it with a 100% bonestock long block and a power adder (nitrous)
First to run 10's (10.55) on motor in 2010 Camaro
First to break into the 5's (5.97) 1/8th mile
First to cut a 1.5X sixty foot
First to cut a 1.4x sixty foot
First to car to cut a 1.3x 60ft
OrangeChevyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #91
OrangeChevyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
And because he didn't tell us to buy them personally Hendrix thinks it ok and he shouldn't have too. In the mean time, they'll figure it all out.
First to run 10's (10.96) and did it with a 100% bonestock long block and a power adder (nitrous)
Old 05-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #92
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
As far as Hendrix opinion of NW and him telling us not to buy it is a crock of shit, that's about as ass backwards it can get. Just because we didn't buy it from him doesn't mean he shouldn't take into his own personal hands and admitt there's a problem and as of yet, no way to fix it all while he's still pushing the products.

Warning: if you have a stock Ls3 motor this junk will work. Otherwise just make a nice paper weight out of it.
That's your opinion,mine differs,I hope I don't come accross as you do. On a side note Congrates to Jan for setting a new GTO irs record 8.88@155 in the heat of the day! Way to go! Not bad concidering the pos nw 102 tb we use.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #93
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I guess I missed it earlier but what power level does it start messing up?

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #94
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
alright guys, lets put efforts to either a fix or a better idea...for now this posts help others decide if they want to take a chance on nw102 working on there car...tommy and ted are looking at options from what i know th fix this issue with maggies and boosted cars...its agrred that nick should make sure there is some sort of disclaimer that this may not work on boosted cars, he has not , and i,m sure that is why most are frustrated...hell , i been reading vette-lstech- and camaro5 over the past couple years and only recently heard of this issue, as it is not brought up much..the posts are there after google searching .......appears that most who have had something to gain have not stepped up to plate and divulged this information..as a consumer , i thought it should be brought up as a notification to make sure nw knows there is a issue , so instyead of continuing producing a ineffective tb, find the fix and get it done...tommy, i appreciate all your doing in the background to see what can be done...and appears that you are somewhat in the loop with nw...that is good...but if i were selling a product and as many people here , who do have extensive mechanical background- adm-janetty- whipple and many more behind the scenes who don,t want to get there names out there{ pm me} tell you that your stuff{ nw} don,t work as it should ,, then you need to stop productiuon on it- fix it -or tell all vendors that there is a disclaimor that there is good chjance it will not work on boosted applicattion....its really that simple...
Old 05-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #95
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10aSSee D View Post
I guess I missed it earlier but what power level does it start messing up?
i see you have some adm work, talk to andy...he can probably enlighten you...ted has had luck on the dyno with a whipple up to the 800rwhp...but this is only dyno based # and not actual track runs...i do believe ted is not using a loaded dyno, so there is no load on mootor...results may vary with actual load on engine
Old 05-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #96
OrangeChevyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
That's your opinion,mine differs,I hope I don't come accross as you do. On a side note Congrates to Jan for setting a new GTO irs record 8.88@155 in the heat of the day! Way to go! Not bad concidering the pos nw 102 tb we use.
Still use the nw102, just not the one for the Camaro. I honestly don't care how you view me, fact is there is a problem. End of story
Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #97
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i see you have some adm work, talk to andy...he can probably enlighten you...ted has had luck on the dyno with a whipple up to the 800rwhp...but this is only dyno based # and not actual track runs...i do believe ted is not using a loaded dyno, so there is no load on mootor...results may vary with actual load on engine
My Superflow dyno is equipped with Twin Eddy current Load Brakes.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:04 PM   #98
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
My Superflow dyno is equipped with Twin Eddy current Load Brakes.

Ted.
i stand corrected,

Tags
boooo, oc2donefixed