Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-20-2015, 09:29 PM   #57
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Prices went up 1300 bucks on mustang.

MSRP to MSRP a base 16 gt and 16 1ss are 2700 bucks apart.

If you only add in the PP (2500 bucks) the cars are priced virtually the same.
Doesn't GM include destination in their MSRP? Ford doesn't so that's another grand off the difference.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #58
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyellow1 View Post
Did any manual SS Camaro's get tested in magazines or such? I've really only seen tests showing the A8 which is a fantastic transmission itself, but not what I would purchase.

I was just referencing the future. Although, that nitrous one that pulled a 10.60 had something going on with the tune, obviously.
Motor Trend and Hot Rod have tested manuals to 12.4, and Hot Rods pass was the highest trap speed of all the manual and auto tests at over 116 mph.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:05 PM   #59
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Doesn't GM include destination in their MSRP? Ford doesn't so that's another grand off the difference.

Im always annoyed at all the fanboys and even people claiming to own the car quoting the wrong price constantly. Just because of that reason.

So im always sure to post the proper figures whenever I feel the need.

I included destination with my figures.

but thanks anyway
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:41 PM   #60
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Im always annoyed at all the fanboys and even people claiming to own the car quoting the wrong price constantly. Just because of that reason.

So im always sure to post the proper figures whenever I feel the need.

I included destination with my figures.

but thanks anyway
Yeah the Camaro is more expensive but when you start looking at the prices and what each comes with, it's not as big a difference as what the Mustang guys want people to believe.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #61
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Also think about the fact that no auto SS has run worse than 12.3 in any of the reviews until this one. Tells me that both cars times are crappy and easily capable of 2-3 tenths better. Bet the manual SS would have 12.6 if they had ran it on this day.
true , sorry holidays ive been busy trying to get stuff finished here before everyone closes for xmas
Old 12-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #62
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Quote:
It's way off for the camaro too if you want to talk prepped track private owner runs.

The first private owner to go to the track ran 12.0 @ 116.

Same place, drivers and day whenever they go head to head its not pretty.

Is road and track in on the conspiracy now too? Will no one drive this mid 12 second car to its full potential ?
is road and track in on a conspiracy... wtf are you talking about lol
Old 12-21-2015, 09:29 AM   #63
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Quote:
Prices went up 1300 bucks on mustang.

MSRP to MSRP a base 16 gt and 16 1ss are 2700 bucks apart.

If you only add in the PP (2500 bucks) the cars are priced virtually the same.
i feel like this price increase is dumb, for what cause we will get something crazy at ford in 2017 ..soon the car meant for your everyday joe is going to be in high 40s and into 50s
Old 12-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #64
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Exactly. Stock auto GT's don't run those numbers without help.
The fastest bone stock auto 5.0 I have seen with my own eyes ran a 12.70. Other bone stock 5.0s I have seen in person were almost all 12.7-13.00 cars depending on driver
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:21 AM   #65
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
At my local drag strip (Woodburn, Oregon) the fastest bone stock 2015/2016 I've seen was a base A6 3.55 car, on stock rubber, and ran a 12.63 @ 113 MPH in like..1,500 foot DA.

The fastest 2011-2014 I saw was 12.48 @114 on stock tires in 750 foot DA.

Nothing stock below 12.5X though for the S550's
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #66
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Nope, and I would not believe it anyway unless I saw it with my own eyes. Even in mineshaft -DA, I don't see how that is possible. You don't gain over a half second from the vast majority on those cars by tossing on a tire. If the car ran that number, it is 100% tuned. The stock clutch management doesn't even allow hard launches without being tuned out. Incase you missed it, I am on my second late model 5.0, I've had a manual and auto, and spend lots of time at the dragstrip. You can't believe everything you read on forums. I've seen countless members get called out for faking slips and such.

Not calling you a lier per se, as you are probably just going by what you've read. But those times are way off. Heck, Evan Smith, probably one of the best manual jockies around, in good DA couldn't do better then mid 12's in those cars...

With this said, do you have experience racing these cars?
Well I'll let that be your opinion, not trying to argue with you. Just showing what I've seen at the local strip. My quotes are not based on online posts, but in person viewings.

I do have experience racing the Coyote, not the Camaro obviously. I haven't brought my 15 to the strip to get a base line run since it's not stock anymore. Minimal mods, but mods nonetheless. I did race my 13 GT though. Completely stock was 12.7 at just under 112 in that car but the next time I went down it was modded so I never did better. I've done 12.4 at 116 with a tune, catback, and some BMR suspension parts on street tires. I was having traction issues and easily had a better time in it. It was a 13 GT A6 with the brembo package.

I'm hoping to see some 16's running next time I go down. I'm sure it will be better than the 5th gens that ran. Never saw a stock one below 13.2 at my local strip and some of the cammed/bolt ons were struggling to hit 12.5. Driver error (hopefully) but I've witnessed it.

Like I said I didn't come on here to argue, just learn more about the competition and see the new builds.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:09 PM   #67
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Well I'll let that be your opinion, not trying to argue with you. Just showing what I've seen at the local strip. My quotes are not based on online posts, but in person viewings.

I do have experience racing the Coyote, not the Camaro obviously. I haven't brought my 15 to the strip to get a base line run since it's not stock anymore. Minimal mods, but mods nonetheless. I did race my 13 GT though. Completely stock was 12.7 at just under 112 in that car but the next time I went down it was modded so I never did better. I've done 12.4 at 116 with a tune, catback, and some BMR suspension parts on street tires. I was having traction issues and easily had a better time in it. It was a 13 GT A6 with the brembo package.

I'm hoping to see some 16's running next time I go down. I'm sure it will be better than the 5th gens that ran. Never saw a stock one below 13.2 at my local strip and some of the cammed/bolt ons were struggling to hit 12.5. Driver error (hopefully) but I've witnessed it.

Like I said I didn't come on here to argue, just learn more about the competition and see the new builds.
Then you understand when we see a 12.093 from a GT that is said to be stock on DR. And getting a trap of 116.66. There is no way that car is stock. Heck you were not even close to that even with your mods.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:47 PM   #68
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Then you understand when we see a 12.093 from a GT that is said to be stock on DR. And getting a trap of 116.66. There is no way that car is stock. Heck you were not even close to that even with your mods.
WAIT...WHAT!?!? 12.09, ALONE, made me have to go back thru all of this thread to see it. Was that a random number, or did someone say/claim/have a cousin who, run that time in a "stock" GT?

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #69
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
WAIT...WHAT!?!? 12.09, ALONE, made me have to go back thru all of this thread to see it. Was that a random number, or did someone say/claim/have a cousin who, run that time in a "stock" GT?
There is a time slip on the other forum, and he said it was stock on DR. But when you see slips of 98% of GT times, there 12.6 or higher and most of them in the 12.4-12.7 are tuned with DR.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 07:56 PM   #70
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Yup, no way a stock GT is running that ET. Heck, a tire usually SLOWS trap speed as well...yet this car has the highest trap speed I've ever seen. Something doesn't add up.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote