Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-19-2015, 10:15 PM   #15
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Golf R is also priced the same and is down on power compared to the RS.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:17 PM   #16
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
It doesn't worth a cent without the liquid blue they showed it with.give us the blue and its a million dollar car.LOL
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:28 PM   #17
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
It doesn't worth a cent without the liquid blue they showed it with.give us the blue and its a million dollar car.LOL

I can agree with that. Stealth grey is cool too thoufh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #18
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
First drive of the Focus RS.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...-drive-review/

Seems like on the track its a blast. I did find it odd they said the ST had more of a fun factor though
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 11:28 AM   #19
Atra

Drives: 16' 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
It's a Ford Focus...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Haha love this! I would do the same thing to Srt-4 owners "still a neon".
Old 01-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #20
EricTheCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
I think it seems competitive with the rest of the class. The price is a little lower than an Audi S3 (I thought it sounded like an appropriate competitor for the Focus RS).
EricTheCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:59 PM   #21
ISHLISS
Chevy & Ford Enthusiast

Drives: '21 Camaro LT1
Sounds like Jalopnik has already had drivetrain issues, one needed to be parked for a CEL light, the others Diff overheated.
ISHLISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:17 PM   #22
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
Personally don't think the price is bad at all. And if I could afford to buy one plus the Camaro then that would be my choice. Have always liked the RS and think its about damn time we got one here in the states. As much as I love Evo's and STi's I would take this in a heartbeat. Hate them or not you have to admit that Ford has the most diverse line up of cars when it comes to enthusiasts. Hats off to Ford on that.
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #23
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
Also sucks to hear about the CEL and Diff issues that Jalopnik had. Hope it was just a fluke and it doesn't happen to customers when they start receiving their cars.
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #24
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I like the Focus and the Type R, but Camaro is so nice. everyday the Camaro gets nicer to look at. I was a big fan of gen 1,2 and 4 Camaros. Now gen6 is my favorite it is just some sexy like a JLO rear with a Giada face... um.. The focus well lets say it looks more like Bruce Jenner....
oldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:54 AM   #25

Drives: 1970 Vette,16 1SS, 07 Ford Taurus
I think the Focus looks terrible and I owned 2 srt-4's with that terrible high spoiler that came stock with the srt but I switched to the sxt spoiler right away. I would buy a slightly used STI or Evo all day everyday over this Focus. Any Focus that costs over 30K is going to be a hard sell imo. It's going to be hard for Ford to get potential customers to get people past the Focus stigma of a cheap or rental car perception just like Dodge had with the neon srt-4. Enthusiasts might buy the Focus but I think that group is very small. I also think this car is priced too high. The reason the neon srt4 sold was it was the fastest car you could buy brand new for 20k at the time and was several thousand cheaper than a wrx or an evo. The WRX starts at 27K and the Evo starts at 35K.

Last edited by 70454; 02-02-2016 at 01:03 AM. Reason: added info
70454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:34 AM   #26
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70454 View Post
I think the Focus looks terrible and I owned 2 srt-4's with that terrible high spoiler that came stock with the srt but I switched to the sxt spoiler right away. I would buy a slightly used STI or Evo all day everyday over this Focus. Any Focus that costs over 30K is going to be a hard sell imo. It's going to be hard for Ford to get potential customers to get people past the Focus stigma of a cheap or rental car perception just like Dodge had with the neon srt-4. Enthusiasts might buy the Focus but I think that group is very small. I also think this car is priced too high. The reason the neon srt4 sold was it was the fastest car you could buy brand new for 20k at the time and was several thousand cheaper than a wrx or an evo. The WRX starts at 27K and the Evo starts at 35K.
yes i remember that i had a 2004 electric Blue that dodge gave me a deal on i walkout the door at 18k but those things were everywhere those few years lol
Old 02-02-2016, 09:38 AM   #27
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:

The Focus RS is already largely sold out...soooo...seems like it was an easier sell than most thought it would be
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #28
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
That was also more than 10 years ago when you could buy an SRT4 new, hell the Dart GT which is the closest they have to a performance version of the Dart starts at 22K for an "impressive" 184HP. What do you think a 300+ HP Dart would cost?

The RS, will destroy a WRX. A regular WRX is more in line competition for the ST.

The RS is meant to compete with the STI, which starts at 34,695 and the Golf R which starts at 35,650 So this car is right in line with its competition price wise. It also offers 55 More HP than the STI and 60 more ft/lbs of torque. It also offers 58 more hp and 70 more lb/ft than the Golf R.

You are definitely right that there is a small target audience for this car though, but price wise it is right in line with its competition
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote