Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #15
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
I seriously doubt a CU or bank would give you a loan by just walking in with a vin#.

So just walk in to the bank with nothing else but a vin# and walk out with 30K?? If that's the case, I'll have 60k by this afternoon......just go on spastic squirrel, grab some vin#'s and go get my money!
My CU (Navy Federal) simply mailed me a check after I spent 5 minutes on the web filling out the application. Didn't need a VIN, bill of sale, or anything. All you have to do is write the VIN on the check, and you're good to go. (Note that the check can only be cashed by a dealer, so your plan for getting money doesn't quite work.)

I asked them what happens if the car doesn't get here before the check expires. They said no problem, as long you have the VIN, just put it on the check and give it to the dealer as a deposit. (Make sure your dealer isn't going out of business before you do this!)

They said as long as they get title transferred to them within 90 days of the check being cashed, it doesn't matter.

BTW, Navy Federal rules. 3.75%, can anyone beat that w/o taking equity out of their house?
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #16
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Hey Mikenmar,
I am guessing that you have to be in the military to qualify?
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #17
mikenmar

Drives: Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
Hey Mikenmar,
I am guessing that you have to be in the military to qualify?
Not necessarily. For example, if you have a relative who qualifies, so do you. My father worked for the Navy, as a civilian actually. He qualifies, so I do.

There may be other grounds for qualification -- check their website or give them a call.
mikenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
Duane Casselman

Drives: SS RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Casselman View Post
I was told by the dealer it should come in about 3 days before the car.
OK I was wrong My car and invoice came at the same time today.
Duane Casselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #19
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareal View Post
GM generates invoices electronically. 3800 is the usual trigger, though I've seen exceptions. You need a Buyers Order from you dealer with the VIN on it to take to your CU. Your dealer may choose wait to give you the VIN. Sometimes strange things happen. CU members with "bullets" beacon scores (700+ with good history) can apply for a loan and walk out with "up to" checks without a VIN or a Buyers Order. Your situation is a little different, so your CU is being more cautious.

BTW your grandfather is a stand up guy. You should buy him a nice dinner when you see him.
yea he is...hes real old school italian...and has pretty much been a douche to me my whole life...with good reason though...i wasnt doing too go for myself when i was younger but nower days i am and he turned out to be not so bad at all...i guess i shoulda listen to him when i was younger and he always use to tell me, "you get more with honey then vinegar" and "its easier to be good then bad" ...i use to argue him on that one...but he meant it consequences wise
Old 06-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Convertible View Post
I seriously doubt a CU or bank would give you a loan by just walking in with a vin#.

So just walk in to the bank with nothing else but a vin# and walk out with 30K?? If that's the case, I'll have 60k by this afternoon......just go on spastic squirrel, grab some vin#'s and go get my money!
I provided just the VIN to pentagon federal CU, and that was it. From there they want proof of lien on title in like 60 days otherwise they get you with collateral insurance.