Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #71
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
I was a bit worried when everyone kept talking about CGM, Black and Silver since I had ordered red. I started to second guess a bit and my wife said "that's the color you originally wanted and you wanted if for a reason so stick with it." After seeing these latest pictures, she was completely right. This car looks beautiful all shined up!
I dont think you wil be one bit dissappointed when you get it! Regardless of colour this car is gonna look AMAZING!!

GOD I cant WAIT!!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:18 PM   #72
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
gotta say... the more i see that non-RS front end, the more i love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
^do you mean the non ss front end???
or the non RS head lights???
or both???
Quote:
both... after seeing Heather's, Number 3's, & the test track display cars (on top of the few we've already seen), i feel lots better about not getting the RS package
i guess it would've been easier to just say the regular headlights.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #73
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Thanks for sharing Number 3 and Heather. Nice ride!!!
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #74
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
yuh, guess the brembos are not red...
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:38 PM   #75
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2010camaross View Post
yuh, guess the brembos are not red...
This car doesn't have brembos but you're correct, they're painted dark gray.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:59 PM   #76
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The car is a 1LT with some key options. Bluetooth and PDIM are great features. Leather wheel and shifter.
I'm really sleepy and can't think of what it means, but what is PDIM?
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #77
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
I'm really sleepy and can't think of what it means, but what is PDIM?
previous thread
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #78
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
I think the Rally Sport items stay close to the 1st gen options that made the RS different than the SS. Soon as I heard there would be an RS I knew I would order it. I love the Mohawk, but will give it up so the wife can have her sun roof. If it had less headroom because of a sunroof then no sun roof but c'est la vie.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:24 AM   #79
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
It enables you to plug your ipod/iphone/mp3 player in using a USB port so that your radio displays what is on the device and further allows you to use your radio controls including the steering wheel controls to control the device. So you can select from your songs, artists, playlists as you've stored them simply by using the cars controls. Much nicer than just playing music on the device and using the device itself to control what is playing. I believe it will also work if you simply store music on a USB memory stick. Pretty cool. The USB jack is in the center console.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:13 AM   #80
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Number 3, I can't thank you enough for sharing your excitement and experience covering your test fleet Camaro with us.

You say the veh has bluetooth, right? How well does the stereo pick up your voice to the people you are calling? In other words, can the people on the other end of the line pick up your voice well? Do they ask, "what did you say?" repeatedly?...or, was it fairly clear? And, can you turn up their speaking volume by using the stereo to fairly high level?

I have had a few bluetooth devices, but none integrated into the car itself. Just curious to know what I'll be getting!

and thanks again! You are truly appreciated!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:31 AM   #81
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I doubt you could offend me. Sharing my excitement about this car with a dedicated group of people already passionate about it isn't really hard.

I am not an expert on this car, although I have worked with and met many of the people at that have worked so hard on it. The Product Manager at Chevy is a dear friend of my wife's and we stopped in Phoenix so she could see the car with her parents. My wife worked with fbodfather and we know his passion for this car. I've worked with and met many of the people at Holden as well. I've been excited about this car as an employee as long as you have been as enthusiasts. It is another step in the great products that GM will be bringing out over the next few years. I told some key people over a year ago that if they would just get me one of these early cars, I'd drive it to California and put as many miles as possible on it as I could.

So your excitement is wonderful, but my kicks also come from watching the drivers of Toyotas and Hondas nod and give thumbs up. The guy in the Hyundai Tiburon with his lady friend in the passenger seat taking flash photos at night for 1/2 an hour. Those are the reactions that let me know how special this car is.

So you can ask questions all you want. There are some I can't answer because I don't know, some I can't answer as a GM employee and the ones I can.....well just know that they are my opinion from driving the car.

For me, your excitement is what makes my job really satisfying. The paycheck helps, but I really love your passion and excitement for this car.
Number 3

Great to hear from you and see the positive comments. I work in the Camaro flex plant in Oshawa and we're really excited to finally see the new 5thGen on the road , plus all of the great feedback from ordinary folks who have had the opportunity to witness you and Heather on your travels. Keep up the great job your doing and enjoy the ride. Go GM , Go Camaro
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #82
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
both... after seeing Heather's, Number 3's, & the test track display cars (on top of the few we've already seen), i feel lots better about not getting the RS package
ME TOOO!!! Ithink I even like the rear without the spoiler better as well.
NOW, If I could only get a short, sweet answer on the standard headlights.
How good are they and what bulb are they using?????
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #83
TampaBayCamaro
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Thanks Number3 for sharing the pics!
TampaBayCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:02 AM   #84
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Headlamps.....I don't know the bulb it takes, but we have spent a lot of hours driving at night and all I can say is for me they are more than sufficient. With the optional driving lights (fog lamps) on, you are fairly well lit. However, with that said, I haven't driven a car in the desert at night (really dark out) at the posted 75 MPH Speed limit ; ) with the optional lamps to be able to tell you if they are better or how much better. Sorry, but all I can say is I never had a concern with the base lamps.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote