Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I really like the sound of that combo. I will check that out too. I want a 3" because I plan on FI and a minimum of 600hp down the road.

My brother (LLT) has a MRT 2 and resonator delete. He loves it and says there really isn't any drone or if there is it isn't noticeable most of the time. I like the sound too. Perhaps a res delete with a res x-pipe?
Have your wife ride in his and see what she thinks. What's fine to him may drive her nuts. But, yes, if you add the x-pipe do the resonator delete.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Have your wife ride in his and see what she thinks. What's fine to him may drive her nuts. But, yes, if you add the x-pipe do the resonator delete.
Very true! I know she likes the sound of his car. Okay cool, thanks!

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #17
GoldCartridgeGamer

Going to dealer today. Will let you all know what happens.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #18
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Lgndryhr,

Glad to see you're taking it to the dealership! Please keep us updated on the process and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns regarding the repair!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #19
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Old 05-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #20
GoldCartridgeGamer

Dealer found nothing nor any TSB's. The tech said it could be carbon build up still. He checked the mufflers, oil, coolant, etc. It cannot be the coolant or oil because both are clean, no drop in level, etc. I will double check the mufflers today or tomorrow when I have more light. If nothing then I guess there is still more carbon build up needed.

How to hug your camaro
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
GoldCartridgeGamer

So the dealer also patched a tire while it was there and the tire went completely flat over the weekend. Kind of pissed. Had it towed to the dealer this morning. Wife has my car today too... I expect the dealer to fix this at no charge to me. I am pretty sure the sidewall was damaged due to the flat tire and a ~4k lb car sitting on it.

How to hug your camaro
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
GretchenGotGrowl

Wow, when it rains it pours.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #23
GoldCartridgeGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Wow, when it rains it pours.
Tell me about it.

How to hug your camaro
Old 05-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #24
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I had read this thread before but didn't keep up with it. I just re-read the whole thing. You mentioned white smoke after you turn the key off. My car does this on short trips where the exhaust pipes and mufflers don't get hot enough to evaporate the moisture out. Even though I have the V2 exhaust it still does it. I took a run up for lunch one day at work a while back when it was still in the 20's, it was less then a 2 mile trip and when I pulled into the restaurant I shut the car off and I couldn't believe how long the white smoke rolled out of the pipes after it was shut off. Never had a V6 do this before but then never had a V6 with dual exhaust either. This would be nothing to worry about. Now, you also mentioned the wife can smell the exhaust, if it smells kind of pungent(hard to describe the smell of burning antifreeze) then you have a problem. But you said the levels were fine. I am guessing it is just condensation in the mufflers. You could have gotten some bad gas(water in gas from gas station) but I thought the fuel filter should stop the flow of water through it but not sure. Other then this I don't know what else it could be.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
So the dealer also patched a tire while it was there and the tire went completely flat over the weekend. Kind of pissed. Had it towed to the dealer this morning. Wife has my car today too... I expect the dealer to fix this at no charge to me. I am pretty sure the sidewall was damaged due to the flat tire and a ~4k lb car sitting on it.

Hi Lgndryhr,

Be sure to keep us informed on how your visit goes at the dealership and if your vehicle is serviced to your liking.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #26
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Skibik: The fuel filter will not necessarily filter water out of fuel. It only really works to get solid particles out of the flow.

Antifreeze burning smells sweet. Best description I can give.

The rest sounds normal. Lots of temperature change between the pipes and the outside. The vapor inside the exhaust pipes has been heated to a very high temperature (after the catalytic converters) and is just venting off the steam it has generated from the exhaust gasses that condensed in the pipes from the last time it was run. Short trips are hard on cars for a variety of reasons - this is one that tends to corrode out exhaust systems. Longer trips burn/evaporate the vast majority of water vapor present in the system from the last run and keep it drier.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #27
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
Skibik: The fuel filter will not necessarily filter water out of fuel. It only really works to get solid particles out of the flow.

Antifreeze burning smells sweet. Best description I can give.

The rest sounds normal. Lots of temperature change between the pipes and the outside. The vapor inside the exhaust pipes has been heated to a very high temperature (after the catalytic converters) and is just venting off the steam it has generated from the exhaust gasses that condensed in the pipes from the last time it was run. Short trips are hard on cars for a variety of reasons - this is one that tends to corrode out exhaust systems. Longer trips burn/evaporate the vast majority of water vapor present in the system from the last run and keep it drier.

John B.
Yeah, that is what I had thought on the filter but wasn't sure.

A number of years ago in our snowmobiles and even in cars we used Heet in the winter and then they came out with Isopropyl Heet and that was claimed to be better yet and keep the water from freezing up the fuel lines. I think it was hoopla but we used it anyway. I quit using it when they started adding 10% ethanol in the fuel.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote