Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #29
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz View Post
Wow I just got off the phone with damien and now I see this post... I too have an "order" with John L Sullivan and I am being told the same thing about 4000 dollars worth of extra stuff that myself nor my wife want. I was told MSRP from the beginning. Never mentioned about 4K worth of extra stuff. I am willing to grease the wheels maybe by ordering the tint and the car cover but I have my own car detailer that is going to do paint protection and I don't want the clear bra. Does anyone or did anyone do the financing up front prior to ordering???? I think that is the only thing that will protect us from this crap. It's bad business practice to do this especially in the 9th inning after stringing all of us along. I'm #5 right now in the ordering string and I placed my order in February. I was expecting the car in August sometime. I'm honestly thinking about traveling around trying to find a 2SS to buy. Problem is that I have a trade in which has to be part of the deal..... So flying out there to pick the car up might not work right now.

I'm getting ready to call the General Sales manager here in a few hours to try to figure out what will make the deal go thru. If the minimum won't cut it i'll cancel my order. And then i'll talk to my lawyer, the better business bureau and everyone on Norcal-LS1, Norcal1320, Norcalvettes, etc will all know the story about the bait and switch tactic used by John L.....
WOW they just don't give a rip do they... I say we all go order elsewhere, spread the word, let them sale to people who like to take it in the tail pipe.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:48 PM   #30
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdancer View Post
Having the same experience with them, I ordered my car back in December, and have been told the whole time that they would sell it to me at MSRP with no markups, now that my car is due here in a week I am being told that they are adding $4000 to my car. They have had 7 months to tell me they were going to rip me off, and they tell me a week before my car gets here. With my car coming any day, I just wasted 7 months waiting for this car, and now will not buy it because of these lying swindlers.

I have been talking to EVERYONE at the dealership, what a bunch of lying scum bags they all are, I have talked to the salesmen there, two of the managers, the general manager, and even the Sullivans; they are all the same. Everyone one of them have told me the same thing as they have told paul, screw off.

I'm with you Paul, you have my number so give me a call and we will work on getting media and what not.
If you guys are serious, go for it! I'm in support of that! GM needs to step up to the plate and reel in these ridiculous dealers. THey are so arrogant in this downturned economy they should be giving a bunch of extras away to sell a car --the idea is to move VOLUME! The jerks can't help it they are so greedy and yes fellas that's whats wrong with our country GREED!! I mean, they already have a built in profit from GM, get real!!!
socalicrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #31
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Quote:
WOW they just don't give a rip do they... I say we all go order elsewhere, spread the word, let them sale to people who like to take it in the tail pipe
check your PM's bro. I found a dealership....
Old 06-25-2009, 03:07 PM   #32
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Update myself, summoner and mattdancer are three of John L Sullivans potential victims. I'm number 5, matt was ready to take delivery and I think summoner was #6. I think John had the KY already purchased and was getting ready to assrape matt real good followed by me....

I'm jumping ship as well as Matt, but not sure about summoner yet. I've already found a dealer that just gave me my price IN WRITING. And I moved UP on the allocation list to #3 at that dealership. So most likely no difference in wait time over what was expected. I have the fax sitting in my hand.

Soooo i'm thinking that just in this morning of updates John L Sullivan has just lost three pre-orders and about 20,000 in possible revenue. I'm thinking with the 3% holdback, price diff between invoice and MSRP and the obvious overhead of a 1500 dollar wax job they've just lost at least 20 racks....

Might wanna hold off on that KY there John.... unless you're going to use it on yourself..... The audacity of dudes that are already rich. The dude in the other thread was saying how nice John L was being about him wrecking his car in the first month of owning it (he bought the first V6 that was unveiled there and PAID the 4K in upgrades done to the car against his will cause they told him he had no choice)... I told him they're being nice to you cause they are going to grease you up for another turtle wax job that is going to cost you 1500 dollars and him about 150... Hell i'd let you have sex with my sister if you'd pay me 1500 bucks to wax your car....
Oh I jumped ship when I told Dave Rogers to screw off and hung up on him... I won't spend a penny at that damn dealer.
I am at #4 with Paul at Navoto! Thanks for the info outlawz.

The unfortunate thing about John L, is that they will sell all out orders for that mark up price... so they don't lose anything other than the potential sales they had prior to screwing all of us over if anyone takes our words to heart.

Also Jayson the guy who bought the V6 Victory Red at the unveiling jumped shipped to when this came out, he is going back east to get his and is taking his daughter for a nice road trip home for the summer! I wish him a safe trip!

Jayson we want pics!!

BTW Is your sister cute? and legal?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #33
SummoneR
Paul

WOW He already sent me my confirmed order via email...
This guy is good!
Old 06-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #34
LadyGreyMyst
ABM & 69 HO RS/SS

Drives: 2001 Z24 Cavalier, ABM 2LT/RS
I am sorry to hear that a few dealers are trying to force things on people that they don't want. I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer on pricing. I already know exactly what it should cost to the penny thanks to all of you and Camaro5. I will be calling my dealer and asking for a price in writing so I can arrange for financing ahead of delivery. If they can't give me the price I know it should be I will walk. I don't need the car, but I love it and would really like to have one. How ever I don't want to feel like I got screwed everytime I get in it either that would take away all the joy of owning it.

Who ever said it is just a car never drove a Camaro! Bought at Champion Chevrolet, Trail, BC July 11/09!

Last edited by LadyGreyMyst; 06-25-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: grammer;)
LadyGreyMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Quote:
Oh I jumped ship when I told Dave Rogers to screw off and hung up on him... I won't spend a penny at that damn dealer.
I am at #4 with Paul at Navoto! Thanks for the info outlawz.

The unfortunate thing about John L, is that they will sell all out orders for that mark up price... so they don't lose anything other than the potential sales they had prior to screwing all of us over if anyone takes our words to heart.

Also Jayson the guy who bought the V6 Victory Red at the unveiling jumped shipped to when this came out, he is going back east to get his and is taking his daughter for a nice road trip home for the summer! I wish him a safe trip!

Jayson we want pics!!

BTW Is your sister cute? and legal
Dude super glad it worked out for you and i'm also glad we could get an honest dealer some business. Yeah I heard about the dude that bought the unveiling car and his issue with it being crashed... I feel bad that I was so hard on him about John L being nice to him but it is what it is. I'm glad he's going back east and taking a road trip with his new baby. He could have bought a V8 for probably what he paid for JL Sullivans V6 car.

yeah my sister is hot. But she's married. To Guy Fieri from Food Network.. So you're gonna have to be rich and be on TV for her to give you some..

Quote:
WOW He already sent me my confirmed order via email...
This guy is good!
What did he send you? The order workbench with the 1100 code??? If so that's what I got over fax. Did it in like 10 minutes...
Old 06-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #36
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Question for the gang... I've learned (from other camaro5ers) that my dealer charges a dealer fee of $599. This was never brought up before so I plan on refusing to pay it. If it was like $100 or something I might just say whatever but an extra $600 of profit on top of MSRP is inexcusable. My car isn't here yet so I'm wondering how this is going to end up. Between this and the MSRP change, I know I'm going to have a fight on my hands. But combined we're talking a difference of $1000 and I'm not going to roll over for that kinda money. The fee is "legal" here in FL but doesn't mean I have to let them pull that crap. So am I out on a limb here or am I justified in my 'ummm no' thought? How much "fees" have other people been seeing?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #37
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I have a new Suggestion, Boycott the Camaro. That will get someones attention!!!
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:10 PM   #38
songsj

Quote:
Question for the gang... I've learned (from other camaro5ers) that my dealer charges a dealer fee of $599. This was never brought up before so I plan on refusing to pay it. If it was like $100 or something I might just say whatever but an extra $600 of profit on top of MSRP is inexcusable. My car isn't here yet so I'm wondering how this is going to end up. Between this and the MSRP change, I know I'm going to have a fight on my hands. But combined we're talking a difference of $1000 and I'm not going to roll over for that kinda money. The fee is "legal" here in FL but doesn't mean I have to let them pull that crap. So am I out on a limb here or am I justified in my 'ummm no' thought? How much "fees" have other people been seeing?
I hate to say it but unless you have a signed purchase agreement with a stated price and no other additional costs stated on it you will probably be screwed!!!. Doesn't sound like too many dealers are giving in. The Camaro is becoming an uglyier car to me every day due to dealer BS!!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #39
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
I hate to say it but unless you have a signed purchase agreement with a stated price and no other additional costs stated on it you will probably be screwed!!!. Doesn't sound like too many dealers are giving in. The Camaro is becoming an uglyier car to me every day due to dealer BS!!!!
This dealer fee is charged on all cars, not just the camaro.

I have my order signed stating "MSRP or less with incentives". No mention of "fees". I'm just going to state that the fees make it more than MSRP and therefore against our agreement. We'll see how that goes.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #40
songsj

Quote:
This dealer fee is charged on all cars, not just the camaro.

I have my order signed stating "MSRP or less with incentives". No mention of "fees". I'm just going to state that the fees make it more than MSRP and therefore against our agreement. We'll see how that goes.
It is true that some dealers charge a dealer prep fee on all cars they sell and it may be a fixed price per car, however they can make it whatever they want and get away with it. I have paid anywhere from 0.00 to 150.00 dealer prep. 600.00 sounds high
Old 06-26-2009, 12:20 AM   #41
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGreyMyst View Post
I am sorry to hear that a few dealers are trying to force things on people that they don't want. I am still waiting to hear back from my dealer on pricing. I already know exactly what it should cost to the penny thanks to all of you and Camaro5. I will be calling my dealer and asking for a price in writing so I can arrange for financing ahead of delivery. If they can't give me the price I know it should be I will walk. I don't need the car, but I love it and would really like to have one. How ever I don't want to feel like I got screwed everytime I get in it either that would take away all the joy of owning it.
Thanks, and good luck with your order!

Quote:
Dude super glad it worked out for you and i'm also glad we could get an honest dealer some business. Yeah I heard about the dude that bought the unveiling car and his issue with it being crashed... I feel bad that I was so hard on him about John L being nice to him but it is what it is. I'm glad he's going back east and taking a road trip with his new baby. He could have bought a V8 for probably what he paid for JL Sullivans V6 car.

yeah my sister is hot. But she's married. To Guy Fieri from Food Network.. So you're gonna have to be rich and be on TV for her to give you some..

What did he send you? The order workbench with the 1100 code??? If so that's what I got over fax. Did it in like 10 minutes...
Yes me too, thanks again for the info!

Yeah he has a pretty good deal on a V8, I don't want to spoil his story so I'd rather he reply.

So you're pimpin out your sister and she is married... $1,500 buck for a wax job, I'd better be rich to pull that... no comment on your last part... I don't want to get banned for what I was going to say LOL

No he sent me an order summary, said when he gets the allocation, he will take my deposit and place the order. But nothing until then, so no workbench order yet. But the summary says it was accepted (code 1100)... weird. But yeah he sent it to me seriously like 10 min. later! He was very thorough, polite and explained everything to me (even though I knew most of it from being on Camaro5) but he explained how he was planning to order it and why etc...
Old 06-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #42
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Interesting they don't tell you what this "Fee" is? if not it's basically a mark up...