Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #99
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
Caverman, I did install the shifter with some help from a buddy. It took us about two hours or so. The toughest part was getting the passenger side pin out. It was very tight up in there. Once that was out the install was easy. Maybe I could get over your way in a couple of weeks or so. I've been itching to take my car out on a road trip. I would love to see your Camaro's. The last Camaro I owned before this one was a Daytona Yellow 1969 SS 350 w/4sp. I miss that car. Wish I still had it.
bpoirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #100
adk46r
PROUD MARINE DAD! OORAH!!

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS,1967 Murina Blue RS
MGW INSTALLED PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Anyone that gets theirs installed, can you take and post some pics? Curious to see how it looks with your hand on it in order to help determine how much lower it is compared to stock. Would also be curious to see the height difference between the Race knob and Gripper knob. I'm 90% sure I'll go with MGW over Hurst....like the looks of the retro styling of the Hurst but sure seems like it might sit up to high.

Any feedback please. Sounds like the Gribber knob feels better but the Race knob looks damn good. How much better is it over stock? I know the Pro 5.0 shifter was the 2nd best thing I ever installed on my Cobra next to the exhaust.

Crowley....did I recently see your car on Ebay for sale? Or was that another Camaro just like yours in McKinney? If it is yours....why are you putting more stuff on your car if your are planning on getting rid of it? I would also be curious what you are not happy with that makes you want to get rid of it.

Caverman.....here are a few pics for you..enjoy!
Attached Images

Delivered 6/12/09 VIN#2G1FT1EW3A9112635!!!
adk46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #101
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Thanks for the pics!

Looks good!

I'm 95% sure I'll be going with MGW and probably the Race knob.

Did you put it in yourself? If so, was it that hard or any issues to look out for?

I'm assuming it completley changed the feel of shifting of the car? What's your feedback on it?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #102
adk46r
PROUD MARINE DAD! OORAH!!

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS,1967 Murina Blue RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Thanks for the pics!

Looks good!

I'm 95% sure I'll be going with MGW and probably the Race knob.

Did you put it in yourself? If so, was it that hard or any issues to look out for?

I'm assuming it completley changed the feel of shifting of the car? What's your feedback on it?
Yup...it took me about 2 hours to do the whole thing! The toughest part was getting out the pin on the passenger side..(it's easier if you have someone give you a hand with that part, just a little tug down on the tranny will do!!...and maybe a little smaller paw-) Just follow the video that George posted and it's a piece of cake!! I read he has posted an updated vid. on the MGW website but I haven't looked at it yet.
The throws are a lot shorter compared to the OEM, I'd say apx. 40%. The best part is that the shifter makes it so much more enjoyable to drive, fast concise shifts. The shifter practically shifts itself!!! All in all it's a GREAT product for a GREAT price.....you won't be dissapointed!! Any other questions I can answer just LMK, PM me if you'd like.
DRIVE ON!!

Delivered 6/12/09 VIN#2G1FT1EW3A9112635!!!
adk46r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #103
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Finally got around to installing the knob today .. took about 10 mins. to do and was a piece of cake. Feels really good while shifting as well

Crowley