Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #1177
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
What the 1LE "could have been"...

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/...o_ssx_concept/

"The SSX concept explores taking Camaro's excellent street performance and extending it into a road course context," said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. "The car expresses Camaro performance while also signaling Chevrolet's new commitment to developing and offering a portfolio of performance parts for racing enthusiasts."

The Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car has a purposeful aesthetic, with exterior appointments and suspension modifications aimed at road course performance. They include carbon fiber aero parts - front splitter and adjustable rear wing - lightweight carbon fiber body panels, revised lower grille and unique brake cooling ducts. The carbon body panels significantly lower the Camaro's weight, as does the elimination of much of the production car's sound-deadening material, carpeting and rear seat.

Low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior paint is contrasted with the carbon aero parts, door graphics/racing number and red details; and this competition-ready Camaro rolls on dedicated track wheels and tires. This concept was constructed with input from Pratt and Miller, Chevrolet partner in Corvette Racing, and Riley Technologies using parts proven in the Grand Am racing series.

Exterior
  • Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
  • Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
  • Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
  • Unique lower grille and brake ducts
Interior
  • Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
  • Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
  • SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
  • Racing driver's seat with five-point harness
  • Racing pedals
  • Fire suppression system
  • Fuel cell
  • Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
Performance
  • LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts' camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
  • Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
  • Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
  • Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
  • Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
  • 20-inch racing wheels and tires

This is a great looking piece that never has and never will run a hot lap. Now the L/28 and Bruce Raymond's Camaro do run hot laps
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #1178
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richy_Rich View Post
What the 1LE "could have been"...

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/...o_ssx_concept/

"The SSX concept explores taking Camaro's excellent street performance and extending it into a road course context," said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. "The car expresses Camaro performance while also signaling Chevrolet's new commitment to developing and offering a portfolio of performance parts for racing enthusiasts."

The Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car has a purposeful aesthetic, with exterior appointments and suspension modifications aimed at road course performance. They include carbon fiber aero parts - front splitter and adjustable rear wing - lightweight carbon fiber body panels, revised lower grille and unique brake cooling ducts. The carbon body panels significantly lower the Camaro's weight, as does the elimination of much of the production car's sound-deadening material, carpeting and rear seat.

Low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior paint is contrasted with the carbon aero parts, door graphics/racing number and red details; and this competition-ready Camaro rolls on dedicated track wheels and tires. This concept was constructed with input from Pratt and Miller, Chevrolet partner in Corvette Racing, and Riley Technologies using parts proven in the Grand Am racing series.

Exterior
  • Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
  • Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
  • Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
  • Unique lower grille and brake ducts
Interior
  • Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
  • Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
  • SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
  • Racing driver's seat with five-point harness
  • Racing pedals
  • Fire suppression system
  • Fuel cell
  • Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
Performance
  • LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts' camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
  • Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
  • Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
  • Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
  • Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
  • 20-inch racing wheels and tires

This was a really amazing project to be involved with. Almost our entire lineup of Camaro components at the time is installed on that car. Every time we see it in person it definitely grabs our attention.

Along with development on the SSX we were also involved with the Z06X. Unfortunately neither vehicle actually made it into production, but we still occasionally take phone calls about both cars!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #1179
jlauber588

Drives: 2010 camaro
So thinking about trading from my 2lt auto to a 2ss with the 1le package. Besides the price the only concern I'm having is I have never had a manual car before. Would any of you 1le owners say it is hard to learn to drive stick on this car? Should I forgo the 1le and stick with an auto 2ss?
Thanks for the input

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
jlauber588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #1180
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlauber588 View Post
So thinking about trading from my 2lt auto to a 2ss with the 1le package. Besides the price the only concern I'm having is I have never had a manual car before. Would any of you 1le owners say it is hard to learn to drive stick on this car? Should I forgo the 1le and stick with an auto 2ss?
Thanks for the input

I just bought my daughter a car (manual). She was scared to pick it up because she'd never driven a stick. She stalled it twice and then drove it off the lot.
2 weeks later she said she had it down. Able to start on hills and the whole deal.
2 months later she says she'd never go back to an auto again.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #1181
BadAndy

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Thanks for the input

Check YouTube for videos on learning to drive manuals...it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Then go test drive one for yourself and be amazed at how much fun it is!
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #1182
greezychef

Drives: 2011 Silverado, 2011 GTI
I dont own one. But Im semi in the market. What really did it for me?...the thing that really just made my jaw drop to the floor?...had to be the Lightning lap series on youtube. My God, that thing rocked it. pound for pound, to me, this has got to be the best performance bargain on the market today.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #1183
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
pound for pound, to me, this has got to be the best performance bargain on the market today.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #1184
MONTANACARGUY

Drives: CHEV TAHOE CHEV IMPALA 69' COUGAR
Anyone know if the front splitter is dealer installed?
MONTANACARGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #1185
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONTANACARGUY View Post
Anyone know if the front splitter is dealer installed?

yes, it is

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #1186
jlauber588

Drives: 2010 camaro
Does anyone use their 1le as a daily driver? Would you advise against this?
jlauber588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #1187
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
There are several on here. I do not but I see no reason you can't. I just happen to have a beater. So I drive it.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #1188
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Does anyone use their 1le as a daily driver? Would you advise against this?

I have an old s!0 that I use when its' gonna be a dirty job or a rainy day. The 1LE is probably my DD 90% of the time. It's fine. It doesn't ride like a Caddy but then again a caddy doesn't corner like a 1LE Camaro...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #1189
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I have an old s!0 that I use when its' gonna be a dirty job or a rainy day. The 1LE is probably my DD 90% of the time. It's fine. It doesn't ride like a Caddy but then again a caddy doesn't corner like a 1LE Camaro...
A CTS-V probably does.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #1190
JusticePete

I see no difference in daily driving any current Camaro in any trim level. That is why the 5th Gen is so incredibly cool. They are all built to perform well any day and every day. The Z/28 is a Daily Driver for the dedicated Camaro aficianado.

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?