Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-06-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
WARNING!! DO NOT DEAL WITH VIS!!

WARNING!!

My name is Janella Benitez, and I have found firsthand the deceitful customer service of VIS Racing Sports. I purchased a VIS carbon fiber hood as a birthday present for my boyfriend. To his surprise he was very ecstatic about the fit and the product itself. It complemented the car very well. Soon after, we decided to get all the exterior body parts from VIS, custom and mass produced. We were informed that to get custom parts we needed to be sponsored. We were informed that a proposal in addition to other information and images was needed to apply for sponsorship. The proposal was sent via email in December 2014. We were informed that they had received the proposal and would get back to us before the end of the year. As the end of the year approached and the New Year passed we initiated contact and were informed that we were on of 10 cars that had made the cuts and still being reviewed for sponsorship. After another 2 weeks my boyfriend and I was offered a partial sponsorship to their company since they don’t offer full sponsorships anymore.

It was frustrating that it took them so long to process the proposal and their lack of communication. We were also falsely led to believe during this process that VIS was able to make customized parts for sponsored cars. We were informed in January that they were going to make a custom air splitter based off of the g37’s front bumper. Having a custom part based off of another car made no sense but I held my tongue since they are the experts. After 2 weeks of nothing we contacted VIS and was informed that they do not offer customized parts to sponsored customers. Not only were we mislead and lied to but the lack of communication from them was very frustrating and unprofessional.

Now there's another dilemma that arose from a constant buildup of inconstant communication. Because I still had the partial sponsorship, I was told by the marketing manager that I would get complementary products and discounted parts. Even after being misled and the lack of communication I was still interested in buying the carbon fiber trunk that they make and they gave me a discounted price of $510 shipped. I contacted them on the phone and was told that they would send an invoice via email later that day. It took 5 business days before I received the invoice in my inbox. The other problem was now instead of being $510 the invoice quoted $660 shipped. With the accumulation of all these problems and lack of communication, Daniel sent out an email to them regarding the fallible services that they offer. I was expecting them to email back, but no response.

Another one way call was made by Daniel as he tried to resolve this problem and compromise with Frank. However, he was directed to Fred the marketing manager and was informed we have been in contact with him the whole time and there was no one at the company named Frank. So either they do not want to give their names out or Fred does not know his own name and was signing all of his emails based off of a fake name. On the phone Fred was very unprofessional, and would not let us speak and he tried to argue with us the definition of lying and misleading people. He also informed us that we were never ‘sponsored’ and that we never purchased anything from their company and they never received any correspondence from Daniel. This is ironic especially when they have my car posted on their Facebook page and Instagram feed with the VIS Ams racing carbon fiber hood. I also have saved in the sent box emails that were sent to VIS. Based off of this we can assume they are erasing and deleting information. On the phone I was also personally attacked by James and Fred.

Since this incident, we browsed the web to find out more information on VIS. We stumbled across venders that have dropped VIS products due to customer service problems and other customers that have been ripped off. Due to our horrible experience over the past 4 months and others we strongly advise anyone not to deal with VIS Racing Sports.

Last edited by djcolopi; 03-06-2015 at 05:28 PM.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #2
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
I see you are people that are glut for punishment. you should have moved on a long time ago the first time they lied to you. why kept going back and forth with them. thanks for the heads up. but you should have moved on its not like they have your money or you did not get what you paid for
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:15 PM   #3
camarohead

Drives: 2010 ss rs ls3 red-white rallys
There just trying to warn other people of this companies doings and your gonna come on and tell them what they should have done differently...please...if you don't have something good to say, just stay out of the thread..to the op...thx for the heads up..
Old 03-07-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
The crossfire guys have been going back and forth with VIS now over a year for a carbon fiber hood that was promised. Makes sense now.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #5
ELIC1
Account Suspended

NO IT DONT. I WOULD HAVE NOT POSTED UP A BOOK ON HOW YOU DID NOT GET STUFF AT A DISCOUNT
Old 03-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
NO IT DONT. I WOULD HAVE NOT POSTED UP A BOOK ON HOW YOU DID NOT GET STUFF AT A DISCOUNT

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #7
ELIC1
Account Suspended

THANKS LOVE THE PIC WILL USE IT ON FACEBOOK
Old 03-08-2015, 02:02 PM   #8
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELIC1 View Post
The point of this review and my experience with VIS is not that I did not receive a discounted part. But what I went through and how I was lied to and insulted by the marketing manager. I was just informing others on here how their customer service treats their customers and sponsors.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:08 PM   #9
ELIC1
Account Suspended

K sounds good I will stay away from them
Old 03-18-2015, 04:19 AM   #10
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post