Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Options that were not available when I ordered my Camaro SS/RS.

On another post I put up asking about what upgrades people are planning for their Camaro's I noticed a lot of comments about options and things like radio delete, etc. that were not shown any where when I ordered my Camaro in January. When I ordered my car I ordered it from a copy of a brochure, the dealer had no idea what 90% of the options even were.

Can anyone tell me what options are available now that weren't available when I ordered my car in January 2008?

Any of you fellow pre-order guys notice this too? I don't know how you feel about it but it PO's me that GM is offering options to late buyers that weren't available to the pre-order guys.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #2
Luny

Drives: Future Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
On another post I put up asking about what upgrades people are planning for their Camaro's I noticed a lot of comments about options and things like radio delete, etc. that were not shown any where when I ordered my Camaro in January. When I ordered my car I ordered it from a copy of a brochure, the dealer had no idea what 90% of the options even were.

Can anyone tell me what options are available now that weren't available when I ordered my car in January 2008?

Any of you fellow pre-order guys notice this too? I don't know how you feel about it but it PO's me that GM is offering options to late buyers that weren't available to the pre-order guys.

Russ
the only thing being offered now that wasnt b4 is Park Assist... anything else has been aftermarket not from GM
Luny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Reborn

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luny View Post
the only thing being offered now that wasnt b4 is Park Assist... anything else has been aftermarket not from GM
Not offered. It's mandatory now.

The only thing that has really been added to the mix is the Summit White paint color.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #4
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
What about muffler, radio, etc. deletes. Didn't I see another exhaust option that someone mentioned? There was no high wing spoiler offered or at least the dealer never mentioned it. Also the only option for the wheels was the 21" wheels, I've seen several other options that guys are talking about ordering.

Maybe it wasn't so much that the options weren't offered from GM as much as it was that the dealer didn't know about them or didn't tell me about them.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
What about muffler, radio, etc. deletes. Didn't I see another exhaust option that someone mentioned? There was no high wing spoiler offered or at least the dealer never mentioned it. Also the only option for the wheels was the 21" wheels, I've seen several other options that guys are talking about ordering.

Maybe it wasn't so much that the options weren't offered from GM as much as it was that the dealer didn't know about them or didn't tell me about them.
A lot of the options depend on the model you were ordering. For example, the high-wing spoiler is only available on LS/LT cars WITHOUT the RS package.

There is no radio delete on any model.
There is no muffler delete from the factory, though GMPP (GM Performance parts) offers an exhaust system. Maybe this is what you heard about?

And that's correct. Beyond making the rims chrome, the only other option there is to opt for the ~$4000 21" rims.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #6
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
My understanding is that Park Assist is only Base Equipment on the 2 LT a 2SS.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Luny

Drives: Future Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
Not offered. It's mandatory now.

The only thing that has really been added to the mix is the Summit White paint color.
touche lol thats what i meant lol opps
Luny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
They did this with the Tahoe too. After I had bought mine, they started offering a chrome package, headrest dvd players...
I just want the chrome and feel I got ripped off...