Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 03-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
Questions about: Ny-Trex

I am thinking of purchasing this set:
http://www.xplosiveperformance.com/T...em_p_2879.html

I have a few questions... Since I am new to this and I don't want to jump onto it until I really know what its all about...

1) With the speed increase... Should I worry about back axle damage (Bending and what not)

2) I, obviously am not ready to install this but how hard of a install is it? Are there any install instructions online? Also how much would someone charge to install this (on average)

3) I assume this is alright in a v6 auto?

I think that is all... Thanks ahead of time!
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
I have had the Ny-Trex system installed since last summer.
I a m running a 100 shot and have had no problems with broken axles. I have an automatic as well. Install may take a couple of hours depending on your abilities.

Very simple kit, great instructions, and a blast at the track!!
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Best kit I've seen for the V6 as it's built for the car. I also haven't heard of anyone have problems with the kit. Just be warn that if not used at the track or open road you could get into a pickle. As this power can't be really controlled when engaged on the street. It's instant power and can't be turned off once spraying. Unless there's a dump location in the system for emergencies.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
mc_acoustic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Best kit I've seen for the V6 as it's built for the car. I also haven't heard of anyone have problems with the kit. Just be warn that if not used at the track or open road you could get into a pickle. As this power can't be really controlled when engaged on the street. It's instant power and can't be turned off once spraying. Unless there's a dump location in the system for emergencies.
Oh really??? I did not know that!

So what does this mean? Like would I not be able to stop or would it just do damage to my engine?

Example: Lets say someone pulls up next to me on the road, and we raced to 80 km or something, and I stopped what would happen?

This is great thanks for the replies
Old 03-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_acoustic View Post
Oh really??? I did not know that!

So what does this mean? Like would I not be able to stop or would it just do damage to my engine?

Example: Lets say someone pulls up next to me on the road, and we raced to 80 km or something, and I stopped what would happen?

This is great thanks for the replies
It definitely can be controlled on the street. The system comes with a throttle position sensor that basically only let's the system spray while at full throttle. So if you ever want to stop it from spraying, just ease up on the throttle. Simple as that. If you set it up correctly, it won't do any damage to your engine.

I'd do a little more research and try to get all the safety features possible

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
This is a great kit, I'm uninstalling mine soon, I have all the goodies, remote bottle opener, heater, progressive controller and a cool switch plate that fits in my cup holder area. I'll post when I'm ready to pack it up for shipment. I'm selling it because I'm going to sell the car soon, I'm moving on to NHRA SS class racing with my new toy.
Attached Images

Last edited by h2oplay; 03-22-2013 at 11:10 PM.
h2oplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Very nice and simple install with this kit. I have over 150 runs on a 100 shot and will be going to a 140 shot in a few weeks. First kit took me about 1.5 hours to install. I'm a tech by trade for over 30 years, so this isn't my first time. I have installed over 12 other kits in the last year and do them in about an 1 hour now. If you want more details pm me I'll give you my number and we can discuss greater details of the kit. Ask CiscoBee we have talked several times and I'm easy to talk with. The offer is there. I charged $150.00 to install the kit and 50.00 to fill the bottle. 2 - 3 hours should be all any good tech needs to set this up. I mounted the bottle brackets to the top of the spare tire area piece to prevent drilling into the car's trunk. It works very good and sturdy. I also bypassed the throttle activated switch for a finger switch. Being your first time with the spray I WOULD NOT bypass the throttle switch, maybe add a finger switch into the system for your first try at it. Do the 50HP pills first to get used to it, than go 100 for some fun. REMEMBER to turn off traction control ( nannies ) or the computor could kill cylinders to prevent tire spin and lean out the engine. <<<---- Very important step!!!! Good luck
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
etmx183

Cisco,
Have you been out yet this year with that convertor and gears? I'm hoping in two weeks to be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoBee View Post
I have had the Ny-Trex system installed since last summer.
I a m running a 100 shot and have had no problems with broken axles. I have an automatic as well. Install may take a couple of hours depending on your abilities.

Very simple kit, great instructions, and a blast at the track!!
Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
717Stunna

Drives: 2010 Slp Camaro ZL327
@emtx183 im about a hour from baltimore i will pm you soon to hook up mine im looking at getting zex 100shot
717Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
mc_acoustic

Quick question, The purge that typically comes out of the front grill in this system... Does that need to happen everytime before you use nos?
Old 03-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
etmx183

It is best to do a small purge to rid the line of vapors, this way you get the full flow of nitrous as a liquid at the solenoids. It can also be used during the hot summer to keep bottle pressure down, but an iced rag does better and you not wasting it than.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
are any of you running a window switch with the ny-trex? if so, what brand did you go with? anyone recommend a certain window switch?