Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-10-2010, 10:25 PM   #43
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I haven't ever been singled out in my car. But I think that if a cop were to target a sports car, in a pack of cars, for speeding that he/she isn't very bright. A sports car is engineered to safely drive at high speeds, a large SUV or minivan is not. They are a greater hazard to themselves and others by speeding than a sports car is.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #44
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
Got tailgated once by a state cop,kept tapping my brakes untill he got tired of the game and passed me,giving me the "evil eye" when he passed !!!!
IMO you should have gotten a ticket for that stunt! If I was cop and if I was behind you, you would have gotten one!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #45
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
Been tailgate once until i get on base and he didn't follow any more
Old 10-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #46
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherssmoke View Post
If you ask me its just the luck of the draw. The last time I had a ticket i was speeding on my way home from work 4 years ago driving a company F-150. Since then I bet I have broke the speed limit a thousand times and have gotten away with it, let me find some wood to knock on...

On another note...is there a after market radar detector that tucks up nicely in the upper mirror area. Tired of the hardware on the dash and the wire hanging down.
Not to thread jack, but there's a couple of DIY's (in that section on here) that show how to wire it into the dome light area and mount it either on the visor or below the mirror.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:09 AM   #47
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Been stopped 3 times in last 1.5 yrs...all in my Cavalier.

Not been stopped once in the Camaro same time period.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:02 AM   #48
chickenman

Drives: Inferno 2ss/rs
my wife got stopped for 58 in a 35 and let go after he saw the car
chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #49
gHoSt437

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS
Haven't had any problems with the Camaro, or when I had my '08 Mustang GT. Though I pretty much do the speed limit +5, and the Passport 9500i works pretty well on warning me when cops are ahead. Only places I mess around are 0-60 getting on the freeway, or on back roads where its nothing but tree's/fields.

Last time I was pulled over was about 4 years ago in Canton, Ohio by a state trooper when I had my '05 Colorado. Was following a BMW doing about 85 in a 65 and the trooper shot off an exit ramp and got me. Told him I was visiting the area on leave to see my parents after getting back from a middle east deployment and he let me go with a warning. Really got lucky, lived in Ohio for 24 years and never heard of a state trooper giving a warning...they love then damn lazer's.
gHoSt437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #50
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
No tickets yet, but I try keep it within 10 of the speed limit.

If someone is right on my tail and I can switch lanes, I'll do it and let them by. It's just polite driving. I hate being on the 4-lane and some SOB who is going to turn 5 miles up the road is in the passing lane pacing someone. It's the PASSING LANE, not the PACING LANE.
I wish cops would hand out more tickets to people who obstruct traffic. It's not the fast guys I worry about, it's the slow guys everyone's trying to get by.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #51
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
I've had the fortunate pleasure of NOT having a cop pull me over in my almost 4 months of ownership! Hopefully it continues.

TEAM LS3!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #52
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Q: In a situation in which there may be speeding, road racing or other hot-dogging, which car is a LEO more likely to pay attention to.

A: A 1992 Ford Taurus
B: A 1999 Dodge Durango
C: A 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
D: A 2009 Ford Focus SE

Hint, the answer isnt A, B or D.

Gotta pay to play folks, the Camaro rightly gets attention, and not just from civilians.

Some of the people here crack me up tho. "UGH, I got pulled over and ticketed for going 85 in a 55, cop probably just was jealous that I had a Camaro and he was driving a Crown Victoria, LOL!" Not because you were doing 30 over the speed limit in an attention grabbing car...noooooo
I agree -- it is an attention whore of a car so they are going to see us better then a POS Taurus or something. It's kinda like, a thousand Honda Civics can go passed you but the one you nitice is that yellow one. It's the fact that it stands out. Same with the Camaro - I can say I certainly see Camaro's coming from down the road.
So if you are breaking the law they are certainly gonna see you coming better then that POS passing you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadweasel View Post
No tickets yet, but I try keep it within 10 of the speed limit.

If someone is right on my tail and I can switch lanes, I'll do it and let them by. It's just polite driving. I hate being on the 4-lane and some SOB who is going to turn 5 miles up the road is in the passing lane pacing someone. It's the PASSING LANE, not the PACING LANE.
I wish cops would hand out more tickets to people who obstruct traffic. It's not the fast guys I worry about, it's the slow guys everyone's trying to get by.
I certainly think those people doing 35 in a 50 are more of a hazzard then me doing 55 in a 50 but....that's my opinion b/c they piss me off so much

And speaking of hazzardous drivers -- I so WISH there had been a cop around the other day when I was driving -- I was doing 60 in a 50 coming up behind a line of 3 other cars and the douchebag behind me (who flew up my ass mind you) had to fly passed me -- to get stuck behind the other cars - hello DUH(tailgaiting them the entire time) WHILE PUTTING ON HER FCKING MAKEUP....
HELLO!!! WTF is that sht? She's tailgaiting the car in front of her and weaving all over the road b/c she's too busy whoring herself up to drive....

Got stuck behind her at a light a few minutes later and she was doing her hair...
If I'd been in my car - that bitch would have hit me no doubt

(I caught her in the side mirror and let me tell ya -- I wish I had a sign that said "lay off the blush hooker!")
Old 10-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #53
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
I see Niagara County Sheriff, Niagara Falls and Town of Niagara cops all the time. Those who live here, know how strict they are in Town of Niagara. I have only been pulled over once, by Niagara County Sheriff. Yes, I deserved to be pulled over. I didn’t not get ticketed, only because, I believe, when he asked me why he pulled me over, I told him the truth. Sometimes the truth pays. However, with that said, I, for the most part, obey the traffic laws in my car. Funny part of this, just the other day, I was sitting at a red light and a Mustang GT pulled up to next to me, older model. Well, when the light turned green, he took off like a bat out of hell. Needless to say, he didn’t see the Sheriff at the cross street sitting at the red light. Before I could get through the intersection, his lights were on and he went after him. I drove by, laughing at the driver of the Stang. I was thinking, how could you not see that BIG ASS SHERIFF SUV, Oh well, I guess my IOM car was too bright for him and he just didn't see him.

So, do I believe our cars are Ticket Targets, only if we drive them like they are.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #54
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
If you feel you are being wronged when being followed/ stopped remember one important thing (besides being polite and telling the truth).... your cell phone can record conversations and most take video.
Our local cops pull lots of folks over late at night for some bogus reason(like not stopping at a stop sign) looking for DUI's. I had stopped and counted to 2 before pulling out at a known place they watch, he still pulls me over and claims I ran the stop sign. Little did he know that I had recorded his smart remarks, and my courteous replies to a situation where we both knew that i had stopped. Suffice it to say that I didn't have to pay for a ticket and the cop got what he deserved.
How unfortunate it is, that just like all other walks of life, the police have their problem depts and people. Overall I give my experiences with the police a B+.
macalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #55
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
The sad thing is that I was in the right lane with my cruise set on 70 mph in a pack of cars, including cars passing me in the left lane. I've come to the conclusion that the officer read the radar "ping" of someone passing me and assumed that since I drive a Camaro, again with cruise set at 70 mph in the right lane, I was the one speeding.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:50 PM   #56
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalot View Post
If you feel you are being wronged when being followed/ stopped remember one important thing (besides being polite and telling the truth).... your cell phone can record conversations and most take video.
Our local cops pull lots of folks over late at night for some bogus reason(like not stopping at a stop sign) looking for DUI's. I had stopped and counted to 2 before pulling out at a known place they watch, he still pulls me over and claims I ran the stop sign. Little did he know that I had recorded his smart remarks, and my courteous replies to a situation where we both knew that i had stopped. Suffice it to say that I didn't have to pay for a ticket and the cop got what he deserved.
How unfortunate it is, that just like all other walks of life, the police have their problem depts and people. Overall I give my experiences with the police a B+.
I did and regardless of my politeness, she insisted that I was traveling 15 mph over the speed limit; I had my cruise set to 70 and cars were passing me. I have a court date set and I'm hoping the judge will be fair. Did you need to request the officer to court?