Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
ZachSGMSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM Camaro
Question Question for any one that works at a gm dealer

When I got my car they gave me a coupon book with coupons for free oil changes and stuff because of some complications that happened after I ordered.. They said they are good at any GM dealership but on the coupon itself it says its only redeemable at the dealership that gave it to me. So... Question is will any gm dealer take it or do I have to go to the original dealer? Do I need to call to make an appointment for the oil change or can I just show up? And if I need to call in and make an appointment can they add the gm paint protection thing they originally offered me? I originally turned it down but after seeing my 1st small paint chip I kinda want that protection now before it gets too bad. Sorry if any of those are dumb questions but this is my first car that actually belongs to me.
Thanks for any help.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
ZachSGMSS

I know there has to be someone here that would know the answer...
Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I know the answer to the paint thing... It's not going to stop chips. It just protects the paint from fading and whatnot so you can be lazy and not wax it.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
cdn2usa

Drives: 2010 2SS
Do not "do the paint protection thing" it is smoke a mirrors, not going to do a thing. I have a co-worker that went that route and it made zero difference.

Change your own oil, don't let them touch your Camaro unless it is a warranty repair.
Hurst Shifter,CAI,Vmax throttle body, Kooks LT Headers, High Flow Cats,Borla Touring Axle Back, ADM Scoop, Washwater relocation,Diablo Predator(c/w Ted's Magic), Custom start defeat switch, painted engine cover, shark fin & bow ties, ABL lighting, Rear Camera.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
My finace works for a GM dealership. The coupon book they give u is probably only redeemable at the dealership u bought the car at. And i dont think they gave it to u for the "complications".... i didnt have any when i got mine and they still gave me a coupn book for $20 oil chnages, Maint I & II services, etc. etc... So that was pretty messed up for them to say thats why they gave u the coupon book. Pretty much everyone gets one when they buy a new vehicle from a dealership. You dont have to schedule an appt for their services, I usually just drive in on a Sat morning. however, depending on how busy they are, you may want to call to see if they have alot of cars in front of you.

Hope that info helps.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Bait n switch?

I agree, don't go in unless you have to. This really goes for any shop. I have one ASE certified mechanic friend who does it for a living for the city, and it's what he does at home too. Anything I can't do, he does.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfield03 View Post
Bait n switch?
How is that bait and switch. I see too many people throwing this term around when they have no idea what it even means and its not even applicable to the situation.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
Hetfield03

I wasn't confirming it was, I was suggesting it was. And it happened with my mom and her Camry. When she would go in for her scheduled maintenance, they would tell her they couldn't do the work unless she had other services done first because she had fallen behind. Which in truth was BS. Then she found out you can have maintenance done that won't void the warranty at other places BESIDES the dealership.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
Hetfield03

Also, scheduled maintenance at first included free oil changes. What's the point saying it's free if she's gotta get extra stuff to get them>
Old 05-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Thats not bait and switch either. Bait and switch is when someone sees something advertised for a low price and whent hey get there, its no longer offered and they are shown a more expensive product then what they had come in for.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #11
Hetfield03

Anything that is implied as free, and then extra charges or fees are applied without any prior notice (legalese)...you don't think that's being lured in or baited?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
ZachSGMSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT-Enginner View Post
My finace works for a GM dealership. The coupon book they give u is probably only redeemable at the dealership u bought the car at. And i dont think they gave it to u for the "complications".... i didnt have any when i got mine and they still gave me a coupn book for $20 oil chnages, Maint I & II services, etc. etc... So that was pretty messed up for them to say thats why they gave u the coupon book. Pretty much everyone gets one when they buy a new vehicle from a dealership. You dont have to schedule an appt for their services, I usually just drive in on a Sat morning. however, depending on how busy they are, you may want to call to see if they have alot of cars in front of you.

Hope that info helps.
Yeah that info did help. But it did not make me very happy.. The dealership is about 45 minute to an hour away.. That is why they said they'd give coupons that are good at any gm dealer.. I don't think I'll ever make another purchase from this dealership... They really haven't been very helpful from the start. But thanks for the info. And to those who mentioned the paint protection not being worth it.. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
2011camaroexcited, have gone back and spoken with the dealership(talked on the phone or e-mailed) to see if the coupons you were give were good at other dealerships or not? You may want to speak to someone in management to get a better answer. Sorry to hear about the poor explanation on your coupons. I hope you're able to find a good and close dealership to do your work for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 05-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
ZachSGMSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
2011camaroexcited, have gone back and spoken with the dealership(talked on the phone or e-mailed) to see if the coupons you were give were good at other dealerships or not? You may want to speak to someone in management to get a better answer. Sorry to hear about the poor explanation on your coupons. I hope you're able to find a good and close dealership to do your work for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
No I have not. Not yet any way. But the coupons all say "redeemable at castriota chevrolet" Which to me sounds like they're only good at that dealership. Thanks for taking your time to read and reply to this.

Closed Thread