Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #1
Juice81

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Failure/Difficulty to Re-Start After Long Drive

Recently I have had issues trying to start my 2010 Camaro SS shortly after turning it off after a long drive. Sometimes it starts and the tac no longer reads and all of the traction control lights are on, sometimes it takes a few more cranks than normal to start.

I have noticed this happens a lot more when its warm out as well.

If I let it sit for 30 minutes or more it starts with little to no issues. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?
Juice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
I've had the same issue, but after a stall. It either doesn't start for a couple of times, or takes longer to start up.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
Juice81

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Ive had a friend suggest its the battery, however this doesn't make much sense to me. I would assume if it were the battery it would start great right after a long drive because it was just being charged, and it to have problems starting after sitting for a while.
Juice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
mexiken

If it is the battery, I'm screwed. I have a sound system in there and I'm sure they'll deny the warranty based on that.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

Old 01-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice81 View Post
Recently I have had issues trying to start my 2010 Camaro SS shortly after turning it off after a long drive. Sometimes it starts and the tac no longer reads and all of the traction control lights are on, sometimes it takes a few more cranks than normal to start.

I have noticed this happens a lot more when its warm out as well.

If I let it sit for 30 minutes or more it starts with little to no issues. Anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?
We apologize for the frustrations you are currently experiencing. I would suggest setting up an appointment with your local dealership for a proper diagnosis. They should be able to pinpoint the issue.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Neoclasiccl

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS L99
Hydrolock??
Neoclasiccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
heymatt

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoclasiccl View Post
Hydrolock??
Don't you mean vapor lock?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
Neoclasiccl

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatt View Post
Don't you mean vapor lock?
Yep sorry LOL
Neoclasiccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #9
mexiken

Update: So the other morning, I started Sofia up, and noticed that the clutch was again, nearly all the way down. I let it warm up, backed up, and stalled (I'm still not used to the pressure required when the clutch is all the way down). I tried turning on the car, by flicking the key, as instructed in the manual (as opposed to holding the key) and while the car turned over, it wouldn't start. I repeated this process about 8 times.

Finally, I held the key down, and tapped the gas. The car then started. Not good. This shouldn't be happening on a car less than a year old, and with not even 15K miles on it.

I really think this issue, for me, is related to my thread here which I haven't been able to get any help on. I'm really at a loss of what to do. The issues are starting to add up for me.