Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 AM   #85
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
I have loved Muscle cars since as far as I can remember...
Have always had a thing for Camaro's too in particular. That said... My fav oldies would be a 67 gto or a 69 judge.. My favorite car on the planet..... regardless of price or power.... or any of that.. is the 2010 Camaro.

I didn't buy it because it was GM or because it was chevy though. I bought it because of the feeling I get when I hear the name, see the car, or touch the car. I got it cuz I haven't slept since I found out they existed... cuz i'm on this damn site or googling or researching every day/night.

When car shopping, as I can only for the time being justify having one personal vehicle... I had to consider many factors... from daily driving duties, local weather concerns, practicality, fuel economy, insurance cost, etc etc.... and the fact that I couldn't at the time drive standard...

I considered things from pickup trucks suv's, ford,GM,audi,imports... everything..
But when it came down to it... I had to ignore common sense and go with what I "needed" because if I didn't get it , I'd feel I did something wrong.

So I fulfilled the childhood longing for a muscle car...learned to drive standard, and ignored all practicality and common sense... lol....

Not out of loyalty to a brand... (Despite the fact that I am deemed loyal enough to get a loyalty discount because of my families other GM vehicles.) but because of loyalty to myself and getting what felt best for me! GM happened to be the name who produced a car that appealed to me more than any other.

Nothing to do with any transformer hype either. I specifically did not get yellow because I didn't want it to be a "oh look bumble bee" thing, and didn't want to fall into that group of xformer/bbee fanatics..
(nothing wrong with them, just didn't want that for myself) I got the Camaro as a Camaro not as a transformer symbol. I much prefer the original transformers anyways..

I got a black one.. and I still get the constant bumblebee references.. and everyone always asks... "why didn't you get a yellow one?"

Anyway, I'm just not the fanatical type. I won't stick to anything just because of a label or just because it makes one man rich instead of another.

That said, GM's situation at the time of my order was a consideration I took. But I had faith in GM and I knew they would come out on top. I knew the Camaro would be big for them and I had confidence that I wouldn't regret sticking with my desire for a Camaro during GM's time of hardship. I suppose I have "some" loyalty but... yeah, doesn't mean I shop based on a brand.

If GM went nuts and ended all other vehicle production, only made a vehicle that resembled a smart car but was half the power of a smart...and was 3x as costly as a veyron.... you can be damn sure GM's "loyal" customers would be picking up a new stang or honda.

Or if Camaro's started breaking down and rusting after one year ownership.... You'd see how fast the loyal fans started shopping elsewhere...

People want a product that serves their needs/wants... as soon as a product doesn't measure up for any given reason.... you can bet customers will shop elsewhere.

THAT SAID.... Brand does effect my shopping choices in the way that I will keep in mind which brands produce reliable and good products... obviously i'm going to prefer something that I know is reliable over something that proves to be unreliable... thats just good common sense though not really "brand" loyalty.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #86
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
PS...

I love my CAMARO... Thank you GM.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #87
YellowFin

Drives: 2016 Colorado Z71
Reading through the responses on this topic I found no surprises. The opinions are as varied as anywhere else you go. Yeah the Camaro is "just" a car, but to me it is a passion. I have been Camaro loyal since the early 80's when I was just getting ready to get my license. I fell in love with them then and it never stopped. I am still in love with them. I have driven a lot of vehicles. I have owned a few, but the Camaro is, by far, my favorite. GM - you got me - be nice!
2010 Camaro SS

Current:
2016 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 in black
2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS in red
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #88
WySilverado

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro M6 Synergy Green
Not just a car in our Family.....I love it and my Wife is in love with it!
WySilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #89
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post
I'm not brand loyal, I'm muscle car loyal. I love'em all! Camaros, Challengers, Mustangs, Chevelles, Cudas, Firebirds, Vettes, and on and on. I'd own every good one I could lay my hands on. They are absolutely amazing!
I started off with some original muscle so I'd consider myself as muscle car loyal (granted I would consider myself a Ford man if I had to narrow it down), but the camaro is the car that I could afford given what I wanted.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #90
coolman

I'm a car guy, not a one car car guy. My goal in life is to have and try as many different cars as I can. I keep searching for the perfect car and have never found it no matter what the make. I refuse to buy cars from japan so it's normally dodge, ford or chevy for me. I love the new camaro as musch as any car I've had in a while ,but I already know I won't have it forever. My partner tells me that once I buy a BMW, I will be a one car car guy. I wish I could be like the op and a lot of others on here and have a great passion for one car, but I like all cars. I did say in an earlier post that If I wrecked this car I would be rid of it, but what I meant was that I would get another one that wasn't wrecked. I hope this one changes me into a one car car guy and proves me wrong.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:28 PM   #91
DaddySS
Kept The Faith

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
To Camaro enthusiasts of any generation it's not just a car - to the casual buyers it is, but they will disappear after a time and we'll be left with a strong contingent of enthusiasts, modding, driving, anticipating the next model year, etc.
DaddySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #92
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
I haven't been nuts over cars since the 60's I LOVE the 2010 Camaro
Old 12-13-2009, 08:46 PM   #93
herkman

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS, 69 Camaro
I have been spoiled as far as cars go. I always seem to be the first to buy the new model or best optioned new model. I have had numerous trucks, Vettes, TransAms, and even a couple Mustangs. I don't keep most cars longer than 6 months to a year (that's why I'm car poor). For years I said I would never own a Ford even though I had a 70 Fastback 25 years ago. When the 2005 Mustang came out I got one and began modifying it right away. Well I only kept that for 8 months and drove the piss out of it (just another car). I have a 69 Camaro that will be my sons one day and now I'm at the 2010 Camaro part. I have never been excited about a car before. I feel like I gave birth to this car. I actually wanted a Pontiac G8 sport truck. Then I saw banners advertising the new Camaro and stumbled across Camaro 5. I pre-ordered in Nov 08 and took delivery Jun 09. I knew the car better than the dealers or general public from sitting on here for hours and anticipating my delivery. For awhile I worried I wouldn't see this car due to GM bankruptcy issues. I finally got my car and truly respect it. I have never felt this way about a car before and this will be passed on to my son one day as well. I have several daily drivers and would like to be seen in this every day but it's like I want to save this car. I have had it out to the MTI Funfest in Oct and ran it on the track and I am signed up for the Camaro 5 Fest in April. I have never met a better group of enthusiasts who love the Camaro and am proud to be part of that group. This is not just another car.............this is the car!
herkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #94
EsteSS

Drives: 2010 SS
There are several reasons I bought this car. One being that it has an LS3 in it. The LS motors are not only very tough and able to take lots of abuse, but very easy to mod also. The car also has a very historical standpoint as far as American muscle. And even though it was modeled by one of the most popular old ones (69), it is much like the 67 being this is the first year to come back out. It is also the first one I have personally owned. I've always been lucky enough to have a relative or friend who would let me borrow there's, but now I have my own. So I feel all whom say this is more than just a car.
EsteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #95
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I have loved Muscle cars since as far as I can remember...
Have always had a thing for Camaro's too in particular. That said... My fav oldies would be a 67 gto or a 69 judge.. My favorite car on the planet..... regardless of price or power.... or any of that.. is the 2010 Camaro.

I didn't buy it because it was GM or because it was chevy though. I bought it because of the feeling I get when I hear the name, see the car, or touch the car. I got it cuz I haven't slept since I found out they existed... cuz i'm on this damn site or googling or researching every day/night.

When car shopping, as I can only for the time being justify having one personal vehicle... I had to consider many factors... from daily driving duties, local weather concerns, practicality, fuel economy, insurance cost, etc etc.... and the fact that I couldn't at the time drive standard...

I considered things from pickup trucks suv's, ford,GM,audi,imports... everything..
But when it came down to it... I had to ignore common sense and go with what I "needed" because if I didn't get it , I'd feel I did something wrong.

So I fulfilled the childhood longing for a muscle car...learned to drive standard, and ignored all practicality and common sense... lol....

Not out of loyalty to a brand... (Despite the fact that I am deemed loyal enough to get a loyalty discount because of my families other GM vehicles.) but because of loyalty to myself and getting what felt best for me! GM happened to be the name who produced a car that appealed to me more than any other.

Nothing to do with any transformer hype either. I specifically did not get yellow because I didn't want it to be a "oh look bumble bee" thing, and didn't want to fall into that group of xformer/bbee fanatics..
(nothing wrong with them, just didn't want that for myself) I got the Camaro as a Camaro not as a transformer symbol. I much prefer the original transformers anyways..

I got a black one.. and I still get the constant bumblebee references.. and everyone always asks... "why didn't you get a yellow one?"

Anyway, I'm just not the fanatical type. I won't stick to anything just because of a label or just because it makes one man rich instead of another.

That said, GM's situation at the time of my order was a consideration I took. But I had faith in GM and I knew they would come out on top. I knew the Camaro would be big for them and I had confidence that I wouldn't regret sticking with my desire for a Camaro during GM's time of hardship. I suppose I have "some" loyalty but... yeah, doesn't mean I shop based on a brand.

If GM went nuts and ended all other vehicle production, only made a vehicle that resembled a smart car but was half the power of a smart...and was 3x as costly as a veyron.... you can be damn sure GM's "loyal" customers would be picking up a new stang or honda.

Or if Camaro's started breaking down and rusting after one year ownership.... You'd see how fast the loyal fans started shopping elsewhere...

People want a product that serves their needs/wants... as soon as a product doesn't measure up for any given reason.... you can bet customers will shop elsewhere.

THAT SAID.... Brand does effect my shopping choices in the way that I will keep in mind which brands produce reliable and good products... obviously i'm going to prefer something that I know is reliable over something that proves to be unreliable... thats just good common sense though not really "brand" loyalty.
I read this and I seriously shed a tear.... Great post!
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #96
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
To a few people, I'm sure after they bought the car they became slightly put off by the fact that it's two doors, narrow sightlines, 4 seats with the rear two about as cramped as can be, and an almost useless trunk. Not terribly, not enough to make them trade or sell the car prematurely, but enough so that if and when they were involved in said accident that totalled vehicle, the opportunity arrose so they changed their mind and opted for something more usefull as an everyday people and cargo mover.
HUH? Has there ever been a Camaro with 4 doors, roomy back seats, and large trunk? I don't believe anyone bought it thinking there is a lot of room. This is my third one, and although a part of me misses the hatchback (easier to transport stuff) the bigger part of me LOVES the trunk because it's more classic and I didn't buy this car to haul stuff and people around anyway...I bought it to HAUL something else!!!

Anyway...to the original poster...I think it depends on WHY people bought this car. I bought it because I'm an enthusiast and it is not my daily driver. If I had had to sell or trade my SUV to be able to get this car, it just wouldn't have worked. Why do you think I don't have my last two Camaros? Because I was not in a position to have a practical car, and a fun car. And I developed a bigger need for practical than fun. So now that I AM in a position to have both.....I guess aging can have its perks!!!!
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #97
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
...an almost useless trunk...
Almost useless? I can definitely say I can fit more in my Camaro's trunk (and more easily) than I ever could in my G35 sedan's trunk.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #98
dcamaroguy
dcamaroguy

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS LS3
This is my 3rd Camaro (82 Camaro, 95 z28) and my wife has an 02 RS. I will own a Camaro for as long as it is possible
dcamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote