Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-26-2009, 01:29 PM   #15
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
I would assume your not in favour of a health care program in the US.
The public debt in the USA is mind boggling, I think a public health care system for 307,000,000 people is unaffordable. The public debt celing was recently set at 12.4 TRILLION dollars!!! The insurance companies now are running the medical profession instead of professionals like doctors!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #16
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfr1950 View Post
The public debt in the USA is mind boggling, I think a public health care system for 307,000,000 people is unaffordable. The public debt celing was recently set at 12.4 TRILLION dollars!!! The insurance companies now are running the medical profession instead of professionals like doctors!!!
I don't want to stir the pot. Guess just thankful we have Health Care in Canada.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
I don't want to stir the pot. Guess just thankful we have Health Care in Canada.
And your paying for it it big time. Not to mention you get the care the gov't says you can get.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #18
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
And your paying for it it big time. Not to mention you get the care the gov't says you can get.
Maybe. But I'm not complaining, pretty Happy guy small mortage, very well paying job, lots of toys. Maybe could use a bit more fishing time, but you can't have everything.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:11 PM   #19
riderguy999
can't wait

Drives: 2lt RS
how do you go from over price camaros to health care, all i will say is that we voted for the government. and gm is still hurting. and if we sit back and take it in the ass we get what we deserve. i bought my car from the 1500.00 less msrp and had them eat the ac, tire tax and the pdi freight charges,i fought for and i got it gm needs the sales no matter what car it is don't let them tell you other wise
riderguy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #20
71cam

Drives: 71cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksthr View Post
it would have to do with the population indeed..
Canada only sells 1/10 of what the states sell.. the supply to demand isn't as high here as it could be.. so the prices are up...

thats pretty much the short of it..

or so i'm told from a family member that is a GM for a dealership.. lol
you're joking.....right? you're joking....right? the car is made in Oshawa Canada...the demand for the car is made up from the complete market which includes domestic and export markets. it pretty much costs the same to make a car for Canada as it does for the US. the only difference would be the freight destination charges (which are a rip off and a cash grab). nothing to do with number of people in a geographical area and how much they demand cars. not in this case anyway
71cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #21
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cam View Post
you're joking.....right? you're joking....right? the car is made in Oshawa Canada...the demand for the car is made up from the complete market which includes domestic and export markets. it pretty much costs the same to make a car for Canada as it does for the US. the only difference would be the freight destination charges (which are a rip off and a cash grab). nothing to do with number of people in a geographical area and how much they demand cars. not in this case anyway

I agree! It's a cash grab by GM Still thinking we have a 70 cent $.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #22
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderguy999 View Post
how do you go from over price camaros to health care, all i will say is that we voted for the government. and gm is still hurting. and if we sit back and take it in the ass we get what we deserve. i bought my car from the 1500.00 less msrp and had them eat the ac, tire tax and the pdi freight charges,i fought for and i got it gm needs the sales no matter what car it is don't let them tell you other wise

It is what it is! I paid full MSRP less 1 K for GM loaylty and $1500 GM $. That being said my Maro is a RP6 code car bulit in the 1st 4k. One of the first on the block to have one. Got to pay to play. Don't regret it for a minute.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
Well I just sent an e-mail off to GM Canada. We'll have to see what the official opinion is on this subject, after they get back from their holidays, that is. I'll be sure to post what "the man" says...LOL
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #24
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
lpauto.ca imports cars from the US for you and handles all the pain the ass stuff. There fees seem to be damn small so it's an option. They quoted me $34K CAD for a Mustang GT (taxes in) imported from the US, where the same version was $42K CAD here (no taxes).

If the 2011 GT or SS really step it up I'll probably import a car as saving $8K+ is definitely worth it.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #25
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Drives: Traverse, Blazer, Cadillac,Fat Boy
One thing no one has mentioned is that we earn higher incomes in Canada. For example, what does the average cop in the US earn? In Canada it's about $70,000.00+. I know retired senior officers, in their 50's, making $110,000+, on pensions indexed to inflation. (I'm not a cop, but I know hundreds).

Also, I wouldn't give up our healthcare system for anything! For every bad story you hear, there are hundreds if good ones.
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #26
Dave Wilson

Drives: Corvette/Camaro
I've just "speed read" (as in 'red') all of the comments re: CDN pricing sucks. At the risk of politicing the discussion I would propose that pop #'s, tax base, wages/benefits (including pre-"broke" union contracts, not knockin' unions.) and a miriad of other factors, CDN prices for just about everything are 'gonna' be higher, up against comparable US products (even CDN beer/wine!). I've been to just about every corner of the US and many spots around the globe and NUTHIN' beats the US & Canada for overall quality of living in my opinion. We all pay for what we want in the arena that we're playin' in. If ya don't like the arena, then change it. That bein' said, I am just beside myself patiently waiting for my SS/RS to be delivered in Jan. '10 (for you Canucks thats the 2010 Winter Oly's in our fair city + a few weeks) AND my 50thBD! My accountant told me a new car is cheaper than another girlfriend. Regardless of who you are, what you are, where you are, give a lot to others and a little to yourself and know that you've made a difference. Be safe,enjoy the road.
Dave Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #27
Gibby
Z28 LS9

Drives: Traverse, Blazer, Cadillac,Fat Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wilson View Post
I've just "speed read" (as in 'red') all of the comments re: CDN pricing sucks. At the risk of politicing the discussion I would propose that pop #'s, tax base, wages/benefits (including pre-"broke" union contracts, not knockin' unions.) and a miriad of other factors, CDN prices for just about everything are 'gonna' be higher, up against comparable US products (even CDN beer/wine!). I've been to just about every corner of the US and many spots around the globe and NUTHIN' beats the US & Canada for overall quality of living in my opinion. We all pay for what we want in the arena that we're playin' in. If ya don't like the arena, then change it. That bein' said, I am just beside myself patiently waiting for my SS/RS to be delivered in Jan. '10 (for you Canucks thats the 2010 Winter Oly's in our fair city + a few weeks) AND my 50thBD! My accountant told me a new car is cheaper than another girlfriend. Regardless of who you are, what you are, where you are, give a lot to others and a little to yourself and know that you've made a difference. Be safe,enjoy the road.
Well said!

Stop your whining and enjoy what time you have left! Drive a Camaro!
Gibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #28
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by born-to-fish- View Post
Well I just sent an e-mail off to GM Canada. We'll have to see what the official opinion is on this subject, after they get back from their holidays, that is. I'll be sure to post what "the man" says...LOL
The 1k off for GM Loaylty was over in August.