Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 08-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #85
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I don't have a business degree. I have been taught if at first you don't succeed, try..try again. Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser...etc...etc... We are about winning. Sometimes the means justify the end. Sometimes we need to do it at all cost. Thats our way. The American way. It's not all about dollars and sense. It's about winning. It's time to win. Let's seize the moment GM/Chevy....all firework shows have a grand finale. Let's do it.....
Let me just ask what about the 5th Gen Camaro isn’t a big WIN for GM/Chevy to you? From hiatus to resurrection of the Camaro brand for the 5th Gen and beyond and now segment sales leader. It sells well, has good press, and projects a good image for GM and the Chevrolet brand and most importantly its profitable. What did they not succeed with? What goal did they not achieve with this car? What great American struggle does GM need to stop what they are doing and seize the moment for?

I know a certain model is currently missing from the lineup but this Camaro IS a major success so far. And with continuous improvement and development of the 6th Gen Camaro underway nobody at GM is thinking finale of any kind for Camaro.

The 2002 F-bodies were a grand finale; it's not a good thing.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #86
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I think the focus in this thread is closing out the spectacular 5tg Gen run with the same excitement with which it arrived. If the 5th Gen can close out the model run by holding the title of sales and performance leader it would be devestating to tho 'other' brand while we celebrate the LS7 Z/28. Then the 6th Gen storms in and UPS the game while being a HUGE sales winner.

We are greedy in a good way.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #87
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
To Karfan. This thread is about resurecting the Z/28 which I was referring to. You seem to have misunderstood my meaning. My mention of finale was taken out of context, as I was referring to the Gen 5 finale, and how we here would ike to see a LS7 Z/28 for that event. Pete in his response summed it all up better than I.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #88
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Definitely agree, the 5th gen has been profitable, but the excitement needs to continue for further success of the name. How many times do you hear this XX camaro I had was awesome, sometimes they just want to try to relive that moment so they buy a current one..if they never had that inspiration, would they buy a current one? The 5th gen Z/28 would be just that and be talked about if as much as much as its predecessors and will continue to feed future generations. Building the car isn't always about profiting on them, it should be somewhat about continuing a legacy and making its own..just build the car!!! We get sneak peeks of the capability of awesome they could put out, it just needs to hit he streets!!
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #89
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
The Z/28 can't be just a street car. It developed the reputation it had because of it's performance on the racing circuit in the hands of the Penske/Donohue team. Right from the start it needs to be an active racing car in the hands of racing teams, with the features and design clearly aimed at winning on the track. That advertises the brand in a great and very visible way, and creates the "reputation" of that particular model on the street.

Al and the team know what they need to do to create and sell a Z/28. I'm just waiting for them to do it.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:34 PM   #90
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
The Z/28 can't be just a street car. It developed the reputation it had because of it's performance on the racing circuit in the hands of the Penske/Donohue team. Right from the start it needs to be an active racing car in the hands of racing teams, with the features and design clearly aimed at winning on the track. That advertises the brand in a great and very visible way, and creates the "reputation" of that particular model on the street.

Al and the team know what they need to do to create and sell a Z/28. I'm just waiting for them to do it.

Just as those who race Mustangs changed them to Boss 302R's those racing Camaros will change them to Z28's, when the time comes.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #91
OldScoolCamaro

I agree. The time is in 2014. We have the ZL1, it's technology, the 1LE, and it's technology. We have an opportunity to mix those platforms with the Corvette's power plant. Off the shelf, it's all there, and it's all proven. Pete is in position to prescribe all the right ingredients. Play big, or go home GM, it's an HP chess game and there's no time to be conservative and lay back.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #92
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
YES
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #93
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
I love the first generation, especially, the 1969, and the early second generation, pre-1974, Z28s. I'd love to see Chevrolet produce a new Z28 that has the same essential qualities that those vehicles had. However, I'm not sure, given the constraints that the 5th generation Camaro has, whether it's possible for Chevrolet to produce a vehicle at an appropriate price point that can live up to the nameplate of the 1967 - 1973 Z28s. Unfortunately, I think we may have to wait until the 6th generation Camaro is released to see a Z28 produced. I hope I'm wrong, but only time will tell. I'm ready to get in line to purchase a new Z28 as soon as one which exhibits the qualities of those early vehicles is released.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:35 PM   #94
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Not sure what you mean by constraints? However just look at what the very rigid chassis is able to do using the 1LE/SS package. If the LS7, superior brakes and better aero were add to the 1LE/SS just think of its capabilities. I'd say that's exactly if not more than was offered by the original 1Gen Z28.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #95
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Not sure what you mean by constraints? However just look at what the very rigid chassis is able to do using the 1LE/SS package. If the LS7, superior brakes and better aero were add to the 1LE/SS just think of its capabilities. I'd say that's exactly if not more than was offered by the original 1Gen Z28.
And that's all very true. We have a 21'st century chasis with the Camaro. The old school, seat of the pants, squirrly Mustang chasis is basically the same technology as our old Camaro line that died in 2002. In 2012 it's just a year over year line enhancement and improvement from the same lineage. So, it's lighter, and less rigid, but they have a motor that can be upgraded in a modular fashion different than ours. But, our technology is ahead of theirs across a wider spectrum. The real game changer comes with the upcoming redesign of both models. Until then we have the opportunity to put out an off the shelf Z/28, that will a a mover and a shaker in the performance market.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #96
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Ok, heres my prediction for the Z28. It comes out as a 6th gen on the new chassis platform. The SS is dropped from the line and the Z28 badge replaces it. The engine will be a 302ci Direct Injected V8 making between 380 and 420hp. The second or third year of 6th gen Z28 will get a 1LE package just like the 5th gen did. I honestly think that other then some appearance packages, the 1LE will be the last major change to the 5th gen car. I would guess that most major development work is going into the 6th gen cars at this point.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #97
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Ok, heres my prediction for the Z28. It comes out as a 6th gen on the new chassis platform. The SS is dropped from the line and the Z28 badge replaces it. The engine will be a 302ci Direct Injected V8 making between 380 and 420hp. The second or third year of 6th gen Z28 will get a 1LE package just like the 5th gen did. I honestly think that other then some appearance packages, the 1LE will be the last major change to the 5th gen car. I would guess that most major development work is going into the 6th gen cars at this point.
Here's my variation on your prediction. I think the Z/28 will come out with the 6th gen the first debut year. The SS will NOT be dropped; it will still be the street muscle car with all the variations and luxury options. The Z/28 will be a true race-bred car and quickly become the hot item on the racing circuit. It will have the next generation V8, naturally aspirated and put out about 460 hp. It will have more advanced and tuned versions of what the 1LE has. It will have a unique front with functional brake cooling ducts, a unique hood with heat extraction and air pressure evacuation vents, and a rear spoiler specifically designed for track. It will come with removable tow-hooks. It will have cameras front and rear that allow you to record track video on an SD card for which there is a slot on the dash. The car's electronics will integrate with GPS and allow you to record performance telemetry along with your video.

It will cost about $48,995.

It will make Mustang owners long to be Camaro owners. It will be a man-car; misunderstood by women, lusted after by men. It will be.... bad-ass.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #98
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here's my variation on your prediction. I think the Z/28 will come out with the 6th gen the first debut year. The SS will NOT be dropped; it will still be the street muscle car with all the variations and luxury options. The Z/28 will be a true race-bred car and quickly become the hot item on the racing circuit. It will have the next generation V8, naturally aspirated and put out about 460 hp. It will have more advanced and tuned versions of what the 1LE has. It will have a unique front with functional brake cooling ducts, a unique hood with heat extraction and air pressure evacuation vents, and a rear spoiler specifically designed for track. It will come with removable tow-hooks. It will have cameras front and rear that allow you to record track video on an SD card for which there is a slot on the dash. The car's electronics will integrate with GPS and allow you to record performance telemetry along with your video.

It will cost about $48,995.

It will make Mustang owners long to be Camaro owners. It will be a man-car; misunderstood by women, lusted after by men. It will be.... bad-ass.
Now you're talking...I would pay 50K if it included everything that you described.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote