Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
69Firebird

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS LS3
Talking Official GM Car Cover (Grey)

I was lucky enough to be given the Official GM Car Cover for my 25th Birthday today.
I took a few pics of the cover on my 2002 Accord Coupe for reference.
As you can see the fit isn't very good! ha. I'm sure it will fit the Camaro like a glove though.
The cover has extra "pockets' for the Shark Fin antenna as well as Rear View Mirrors.
There are also a couple plastic grommets to allow for the cover to be secured on using a cable that is also available from GM. (Or any rope I'm sure)
The construction of the covers seems pretty good, the grommets are backed with additional fabric so you won't have to worry about scratches.

The only troublesome thing about it is one of the warnings it comes with:
"Never use this cover on your vehicle after your vehicle has been painted within the last three months. The paint must cure completely for this period of time prior to installing your cover"

I guess I'll have to hold off a bit from using the cover once my car comes in.

And yes $350 for a car cover is outrageous, but as a gift it is awesome, it is a really nice cover and will look great on the car.
Attached Images

Delivered 8/4/09: Black on Black 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM Stripes, Polished Upgrade

K&N Typhoon Intake, Stainless Works 3" Catback w/ S-Tube Turbo Mufflers
69Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
I like it, its just that in my opinion, a car cover shouldn't have any indications of what is underneath...

For example: I don't think you want to cover a Porche with a cover that says "Porche" on it... I don't know, maybe I just don't want any unwanted attention. I'd make room for it in the garage, but if I didn't have a garage I would get one of theses. thanks for the pics!
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
How is the material on the side that will be touching the car?

Will it scratch the paint if it is used constantly?

By that I mean will it scratch the paint if I take it off and put it on everyday?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
How is the material on the side that will be touching the car?

Will it scratch the paint if it is used constantly?

By that I mean will it scratch the paint if I take it off and put it on everyday?
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
69Firebird

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS LS3
The fabric on the inside feels about the same as the fabric on the outside, it could be exactly the same, but it feels like one side might be treated with something. The entire cover is very smooth. The fabric feels like really smooth nylon, almost like a GoreTex jacket feel to it. I really doubt that it would scratch your paint unless you let the cover get dirty, then the dirt would probably do some scratching. I plan on using it pretty much every day when my car is outside.

Delivered 8/4/09: Black on Black 2SS/RS, LS3, CGM Stripes, Polished Upgrade

K&N Typhoon Intake, Stainless Works 3" Catback w/ S-Tube Turbo Mufflers
69Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
StormRaven77

Drives: Audi A4 Cabriolet
At least the stripes on the cover go all the way down.
StormRaven77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Firebird View Post
I was lucky enough to be given the Official GM Car Cover for my 25th Birthday today.
I took a few pics of the cover on my 2002 Accord Coupe for reference.
As you can see the fit isn't very good! ha. I'm sure it will fit the Camaro like a glove though.
The cover has extra "pockets' for the Shark Fin antenna as well as Rear View Mirrors.
There are also a couple plastic grommets to allow for the cover to be secured on using a cable that is also available from GM. (Or any rope I'm sure)
The construction of the covers seems pretty good, the grommets are backed with additional fabric so you won't have to worry about scratches.

"Never use this cover on your vehicle after your vehicle has been painted within the last three months. The paint must cure completely for this period of time prior to installing your cover"

I guess I'll have to hold off a bit from using the cover once my car comes in.

And yes $350 for a car cover is outrageous, but as a gift it is awesome, it is a really nice cover and will look great on the car.
Car cover is really cool. Congrats

Just to let everyone know.... every dealer must purchase a car cover for the May 6th unveiling. I made a deal with the dealership that I would pay for 1/2 of the car cover. They have to buy one anyway - so maybe you guys/girls can make a deal like I did. Just a thought.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
very nice
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Firebird View Post
The fabric on the inside feels about the same as the fabric on the outside, it could be exactly the same, but it feels like one side might be treated with something. The entire cover is very smooth. The fabric feels like really smooth nylon, almost like a GoreTex jacket feel to it. I really doubt that it would scratch your paint unless you let the cover get dirty, then the dirt would probably do some scratching. I plan on using it pretty much every day when my car is outside.
hmmm. still not totally convinced.

I'm going to have to see it in person.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
I like it, its just that in my opinion, a car cover shouldn't have any indications of what is underneath...

For example: I don't think you want to cover a Porche with a cover that says "Porche" on it... I don't know, maybe I just don't want any unwanted attention. I'd make room for it in the garage, but if I didn't have a garage I would get one of theses. thanks for the pics!
this is the same thing I was thinking when I saw it... as well as "that sure doesn't look like the shape of a Camaro under there..."
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
this is the same thing I was thinking when I saw it... as well as "that sure doesn't look like the shape of a Camaro under there..."
No There is a HONDA under there. Look at the left rear wheel, you can see the H in the wheel center cap.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #12
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
It's a accord wishing it was a camaro
Old 04-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #13
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
It's a accord wishing it was a camaro
Lol but all imports wish they could be a camaro.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #14
Tecca

Drives: ...
[QUOTE=69Firebird;401343

[/QUOTE]

Wow I didn't know that, I really need to get my garage built now.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote