Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #43
Bumleb

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Rally Yellow
Pic's of my baby

Here are some pictures.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #44
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumleb View Post
Here are some pictures.
Interesting that not a single one of those pics is taken outside of a dealership...come on man.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 04-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #45
FxsX24

Drives: S10 283 V8,Jimmy 4wd 4dr bk/bk
maybe it is something really stupid ( bad PDI?????), i doubt this is a widespread issue (such as batt cables or something, not with this much testing, and so little mileage on the car to wear through a cable)
Old 04-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #46
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
OK, so the mismatched front fascia paint tones, temporary weights on the Brembo brakes, and poor interior trim fit (later corrected) on the earliest Camaros are pretty normal early build issues, the reasons I wouldn't buy a first model year car and the kinds of things early buyers should know going in to this. But this problem is at an entirely different level. That's a quality/reliability issue, period. This has me very, very concerned. Wow, to just shut down in the middle of a parking lot, in front of so many people. Yup, GM, that's the way to change perceptions.
Yes, first year bugs are common. However a car randomly shutting down is not what I would consider a "bug". This car is based almost entirely on pieces from other cars...there really shouldn't be many of these first year issues. With that said I still don't believe the OP until I see some proof.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 04-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #47
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Uhhh.....I don't think she's trolling.....I was thinking that myself but to post it like 4 times sounds more a desperate attempt to warn us, but what do I know. I know this kind of thing isn't uncommon. Hell, I had to jumpstart a brand spanking new Honda Accord that stalled and wouldn't start at an intersection. The part that bothers me is the hold up seemed like it was more for marketing purposes than it was for actual quality control. Almost like it was an intentional stall for the dealer rollout of the car. My heart goes to this woman and I would be devestated if that were my car. I'll bet dollars to law enforcement donuts that the technicians there will need at least a week to cross reference mechanical data to diagnose the problem. I'm taking bets and not happy about it either.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #48
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 rs/ss View Post
I think it sounds like an electrical problem. May be something simple. Good luck.
Heh, maybe it is just me, but I find it difficult to put "electrical problem" and "simple" in the same sentence. Those kinds of things always seem the most difficult to diagnose. True, the fix can be simple, but finding the source will make you want to rip your hair out.

I didn't think that this could be a prank. I mean, it is entirely plausible that someone who isn't a member here did indeed already get a Camaro. If I got a new car and it broke and I joined a forum to let people know about it, posting pics and VIN would be the last thing on my mind, but maybe that is just me. But man, imagine if it is some import fanboy trying to troll. How sad would that be? I don't even want to consider that possibility. Assuming the Camaro has an electrical problem is less depressing.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #49
CommandoSS

Drives: 05 Chevy Avalanche, 67 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Interesting that not a single one of those pics is taken outside of a dealership...come on man.
What are you talking about? The pic of the camaro on the flat bed looks like it's outside of the dealership.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #50
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Right, so the 2010 Camaro on a tow truck isn't outside a dealership? Stop whining.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #51
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Wow that really sucks!!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:35 PM   #52
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
With less than 40 miles on my new 2010 Camaro 2SS , she broke already. Sad, but true. Not that I've wanted this car for 14 years or that I've wanted this particular car for over 2 years. Finally got one and barely got 20 minutes of driving time in. It just quit. We think it's an electrical problem. Help.... I can't find anything online about the car having any problems. It's so new..... Thankfully my husband was driving the car at the time, only going about 3-5 miles per hour, cruising through a parking lot. The car just shut down. He coasted as far as he could to be out of the way of traffic, OMG so many people saw her broke... I'm so sad about it. Keys were locked in the ignition and it wouldn't come out of gear (Park). FYI for those that have this happen to them. In the Owners Manual on page 8-23, Shift Lock Manual Release. If it weren't for me having the owners manual the tow truck driver may have drug my car onto the flat bed. With the car in gear the back wheels were locked. Drag it up the flat bed. Boy did my stomach hit the pavement when he suggested that. Needless to say the tow truck company stored my baby overnight, for her windows were down and the keys were in the ignition, I didn't want to have her sit outside the dealerships service department. She's there now and awaiting the fine knowledge of Chevrolets, hopefully, highly trained technicians. I hope to have her back real soon. Kinda like a tease ya know...... Sucks majorly...
Sounds horrible!!! I would be so if that happened to me...

Now, I'm not taking sides on this, but I just have to say that this really doesn't make sense to me. Going that slow, in a parking lot... how far could you possibly coast? And is there really that much "traffic" to get out of the way of? And best of all... how was he driving with the car in park? Again, I'm not trying to make any accusations... I'm just trying to make sense of your story. Could you explain this a little better?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #53
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
sorry to hear hope you get your car back soon

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
Old 04-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #54
Bumleb

The picture of it on the bed of the tow truck is outside the dealership. You need to step off man. This is real. Why would someone BS. Seriously, stop.....
Old 04-26-2009, 11:52 PM   #55
Bumleb

MY BROKE DOWN CAMARO ON THE BED OF A TOW TRUCK!

Seriously, it really happened! Bought and paid for and I don't even have it. It's in the Service Drive of my local Chevy Dealer.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM   #56
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
The picture of it on the bed of the tow truck is outside the dealership. You need to step off man. This is real. Why would someone BS. Seriously, stop.....
Quote:
Seriously, it really happened! Bought and paid for and I don't even have it. It's in the Service Drive of my local Chevy Dealer.
I didn't say you were BSing, it just honestly didn't make sense to me how it happened. I'm genuinely curious! Good luck though, hope it gets fixed quickly.

Closed Thread