Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #15
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Washer bottle fits fine with the CAI Inc intake only, when you get the scoop like he said above you will need to do something about the washer bottle.

I actually just threw mine away, I never use it. Never liked the idea of squirting soapy water all over my car and letting it bake in the sun. But there are a bunch of relocation kits out there if you decide to keep it.
Your hardcore!! Clean windshields are for wussies...

Sorry if I didn't make that clear, you will only need the washer relocation kit if you plan on using the race scoop.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:06 AM   #16
Fadl

Drives: Inferno Orange Camaro SS 2013
Guys Do you remember the OTR intake I was asking about earlier....here is it on the forum being introduced by some guy:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=OTR
Fadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:27 PM   #17
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
That it is. As I was reading the thread I thought it was similar to the VR but just for 12+ Camaros. Did you purchase one? You were ahead of the curve or did you purchase something else ?
Old 06-17-2015, 02:22 AM   #18
Fadl

Drives: Inferno Orange Camaro SS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2disturbedSS View Post
That it is. As I was reading the thread I thought it was similar to the VR but just for 12+ Camaros. Did you purchase one? You were ahead of the curve or did you purchase something else ?
Unfortunately I still haven't bought any...no1 have heard of this Xair so seems a bit risky...others have advised that OTRs would cause more dust and shit to go in plus tilting the radiator isn't a good idea especially where I am; reaches 50 degrees Celsius during summer. I initially wanted to get the Vararam; a friend has it and i loved it, but as you know doesn't work on 12+ and I have 13...
currently after some searching, I'm considering true cold air intakes that reach down to below air near driver tyre or lower front bumper; seems promising. There are 3 brands Pipeline, AEM, and Injen; I'm confused on which one and looking to hear from people who got some details and experience on them...
Fadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:25 AM   #19
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadl View Post
Unfortunately I still haven't bought any...no1 have heard of this Xair so seems a bit risky...others have advised that OTRs would cause more dust and shit to go in plus tilting the radiator isn't a good idea especially where I am; reaches 50 degrees Celsius during summer. I initially wanted to get the Vararam; a friend has it and i loved it, but as you know doesn't work on 12+ and I have 13...
currently after some searching, I'm considering true cold air intakes that reach down to below air near driver tyre or lower front bumper; seems promising. There are 3 brands Pipeline, AEM, and Injen; I'm confused on which one and looking to hear from people who got some details and experience on them...
Ok, just going to put this out there... since you are in really hot conditions and dusty, you might really consider a sealed unit like CAI or similar. You may also look at RotoFab, K&N, the Z/28 Factory Cold Air, etc. People are getting good results from the Z/28 set up from the threads I have read.

Also, quoted numbers are not really a good indicator. You will not see true cold air intake benefits sitting still. Once the car is moving it is how it will affect the true airflow.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:08 AM   #20
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...d=49&Itemid=63

Check this OTR intake out. Some of the local guys in my area have it and love it.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:09 AM   #21
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...d=49&Itemid=63

Check this OTR intake out. Some of the local guys in my area have it and love it.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:47 AM   #22
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I have a NEP OTR and am completely happy with it. Tilting the radiator is no issue at all and very secure, no worries. If temp is really an issue it would only be setting still, on a dyno or static air. Once moving I can't see an issue besides it's one of the shortest intakes available.

Is it really any better than a RotoFab or CAI? On the dyno ID say probably not but if you're looking at pulling in clean air once on a roll then it's a pretty good choice. If you're stuck wanting an OTR then it's a great choice. If not explore the RotoFab, CAI or Z28 CAI kit.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #23
J-Crazy Camaro

Drives: Red V8
I don't know if anyone looked at the price tag, but that's a lot of money plus shipping cost to 'murica hahaha
Old 06-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #24
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Crazy Camaro View Post
I don't know if anyone looked at the price tag, but that's a lot of money plus shipping cost to 'murica hahaha
The vendor one here may lower the price down. I don't care either way I have a 10.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #25
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
On the 10, the Vavaram is a good OTR option...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote