Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #15
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
As for C5 Camaros, we started out with a new 12' 45th Anniversary SS/RS before stepping up to the 13' 1LE. The 1LE was our play toy. It spent time at New Era on different occasions during its evolution of mods. In the end we were at 475rwhp and it was a ball to drive. A bit snotty around town and at parking lot speeds but on the roll it was fun! Before selling that we'd bought the Z06 (3LZ, opt wheels, Nav). Two totally different animals! As much as we wanted to use and drive the Z06 it just didn't happen as we'd planned. It was a one owner, had 5000 miles on it when we bought it, never been in the rain and it was beautiful but it was BLACK....... It killed the mood when thinking about cleaning and maintaining it, so it sat in the garage more than anything collecting just 2k miles. Nice to drive, yes, effortless & quick, yes, quicker & faster than our 1LE from a standing start or on the roll, yes all day long. But it just wasn't working for us so it was back to a Camaro. We wanted a Z28 but the practical part of us said buy a ZL1, so that's what we did. So far my wife loves it and glad we made the change! A happy wife is a happy life
Nice

Although I'm not sure how you'd not drive the Z06 :P, I have a 427 60th Corvette next to me (Basically it's a convertible Z06 (LS7 and all) with some of the comforts (Magnetic ride) from the ZR-1), and it puts just a little bit of a bigger smile on my face than my ZL1 (Both are stock though). Something bad butt about a honkin' V8 going to 7 grand . But FI cars are nice too, pulley swap and go .
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:14 PM   #16
pinski 1

Drives: 2009 corvette
Small world!!! I was up looking at that ZL1 along with the Z-28's they have. Was thinking of trading my 09 H/C/I/E Z06 in on one just so I could haul the kids around. Was real close on the white Z-28 but my wife wouldn't let me do it!!!!
pinski 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:02 PM   #17
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
The Z06 was nice to drive, I will never deny that but the color ruined it for us. Beatiful when clean but the thought of keeping it that way while trying to really enjoy it was tough.

Yep it is a small world! I liked the white Z28 that's at their retail store but it not having AC was a deal breaker for the wife. She is a tough negotiator and didn't let Basil push her around and ended up with a fair deal. There's some nice cars available and better deals but I wanted to make a deal as close to home as possible. If I were there it would have made traveling longer distance for a lower mileage example easier but in the end she's happy and only had to go less than 2 hours from home.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote