Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
GOLDDOG

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS & 08 JSB Corvette
Possibilty I may need to sell.

There may be some changes which will require me to travel more using my personal car. Unfortunately, the Camaro will not fit this requirement as I will need a four door. Anybody have any idea what I could get? I have a 2LT/RS, 3,200 miles, IBM, auto. This may not happen but just covering all the bases if it does. One dealer offered $25K on a trade.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
mr_desmo
Banned

Drives: beated up old mini austin
g8?
mr_desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
dmo

Drives: 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to dmo
cadillac cts v

its got 4 doors
Old 10-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
I believe he was asking what he could get for his car money wise. I would say 25K is in the ballpark.
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
dmo

Drives: 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to dmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahyouknwit View Post
I believe he was asking what he could get for his car money wise. I would say 25K is in the ballpark.
oh... :P

With the RS package he probably paid around 30?

w/3000+ miles on it 25k doesn't sound so bad.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
A used Caddy CTS isn't out of the question.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
Atcer

Drives: 2LT RS Silver Ice w/Cyber Grey strp
Try some dealers, We have one in Pensacola that is paying around MSRP then re-selling above. They are near a Navy base and those guys are paying the mark up......You can also list it in yahoo autos for what you owe.
my 2 cents
Atcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atcer View Post
Try some dealers, We have one in Pensacola that is paying around MSRP then re-selling above. They are near a Navy base and those guys are paying the mark up......You can also list it in yahoo autos for what you owe.
my 2 cents
Sorry for the thread jack, but as someone that has been serving in the Navy for over 10 years, that pisses me off. As active duty military they should be getting a DISCOUNT, not a mark-up! If I knew a dealer was doing this specifically to target the military, I wouldn't come within 5 miles of them, even if I could get more money on trade-in.
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy48 View Post
Sorry for the thread jack, but as someone that has been serving in the Navy for over 10 years, that pisses me off. As active duty military they should be getting a DISCOUNT, not a mark-up! If I knew a dealer was doing this specifically to target the military, I wouldn't come within 5 miles of them, even if I could get more money on trade-in.
I'll give you the "forum answer" that I got when I complained about dealers not being willing to accept supplier discounts and such...

"If there are people in the market willing to pay the price the dealer is asking, why should he take any less?"

I don't think servicemen or ANYONE for that reason should be paying more that MSRP for a camaro...and surely not for a used one!! If the OP paid around $29k and is being offered around $25k as a trade-in amount...he ought to take it and run as the market is getting ready to get real soft as the northern markets quit buying camaros due to winter and GM still pushing them out the door as quick as they can make them to stock up for spring.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote