Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 11-06-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
Exclamation No Suppliers Discount for me

So i just heard from my dealer and they said that the talked to their GM rep and he said no suppliers discount will be offered when the camaro first comes out im mad as hell. has anyone else heard this? does this mean that GM in general will not be offering it at launch or is my dealer just trying to save x amount of dollars by not offering this to me?
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #2
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
I checked into that a while ago. Suppliers discounts typically can't be used on vehicles that are just being launched.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
I checked into that a while ago. Suppliers discounts typically can't be used on vehicles that are just being launched.
That's not true. It's available for the Traverse which just came out. Dealers tried to tell me that as well. Whether GM does it for the Camaro, I don't know. In the past they've done it on the hybrids and stuff like the ZR1 but really, the Camaro SHOULD have it available. I would really love a definitive answer because this determines whether I pre-order or wait for the discounts to be available.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #4
MEY

Drives: 2004 Avalanche Z71
I just ordered mine on Monday and my salesman brought it up when i asked if they are selling for MSRP. He said yes MSRP and any incentivies or discounts at the time including suppliers will be given. It BETTER be true.

Mike
MEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Dear Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the upcoming 2010 Camaro! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

While Supplier pricing will be available on the Camaro, dealerships are an independent business and responsible for their own day to day business sales activities and quality of service they provide.
Participation in GM programs and final pricing is determined by the dealership. We recommend contacting each dealership for detailed information on their participation in the New Vehicle Purchase Program (NVPP). We apologize for any inconvenience.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet!

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team

This was posted a while ago in the ordering section. Hope it will help you out.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Same goes for me

I have gotten GMS on my other vehicles and my dealer principal had mentioned to me that she couldn't give me GMS if I want to be priority 1.

If you have a login for GMFAMILYFIRST.com you can see the pricing - As in the earlier post - It's up to each dealer to honor or not honor GMS.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
does this mean that GM in general will not be offering it at launch or is my dealer just trying to save x amount of dollars by not offering this to me?
Pretend you're the dealer...no matter what you're going to be able to sell all the cars you get for the first wave. Why would you want to sell a discounted car when there is someone that would buy a car at full price?
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:33 PM   #8
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Pretend you're the dealer...no matter what you're going to be able to sell all the cars you get for the first wave. Why would you want to sell a discounted car when there is someone that would buy a car at full price?

Because word of mouth referrals is worth WAY more than the few extra dollars that they can make from one car.

Scenario: You and a buddy are at a local street drag in your 2010 Camaro and discussing the purchase with some other guys. You got a discount at dealer X and the other guy paid MSRP at dealer Y. 4 or 5 people that are thinking about buying a new car are listening to your conversation. Guess where they are all going to buy their new car.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
And guess where you'll go for your next car?

I'm on the young side of things and I find that some dealers don't seem to take me seriously. Even if I didn't have the $$$ to buy the car, they should still bend over backwards to make a good impression. I'll be buying cars for a long time to come. Meanwhile the 60yr old guy that they give the utmost respect won't be buying all that many more. I'll never understand the logic of some businesses when it comes to this stuff.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
Yeahyouknwit

this is killing me i was finally got over the whole buying before sitting in or even seeing the car and now i cant get the suppliers discount. I was planning on that discount to help me be able to buy the car. I know its not going to be much but for a young business man every penny helps. now i dont know if im going to be able to buy in the first round offered.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
Dealer's get a kickback from the factory when they sell a car with a Supplier Discount. The price difference for them because of that is only a couple hundred bucks. If a dealer won't offer it because of that, I'll take my business elsewhere.
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #12
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahyouknwit View Post
this is killing me i was finally got over the whole buying before sitting in or even seeing the car and now i cant get the suppliers discount. I was planning on that discount to help me be able to buy the car. I know its not going to be much but for a young business man every penny helps. now i dont know if im going to be able to buy in the first round offered.
The suppliers discount comes to like $1500 on a 2SS... That's $30/mo. If that seriously breaks you, then you probably can't really afford the car anyways.
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #13
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
Because word of mouth referrals is worth WAY more than the few extra dollars that they can make from one car.

Scenario: You and a buddy are at a local street drag in your 2010 Camaro and discussing the purchase with some other guys. You got a discount at dealer X and the other guy paid MSRP at dealer Y. 4 or 5 people that are thinking about buying a new car are listening to your conversation. Guess where they are all going to buy their new car.

Have you ever sold cars? It is not that simple brother.
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM   #14
Yeahyouknwit

Dear Mr. X,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and your interest in the 2010 Camaro. We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

Our information shows that the GM College Grad program is available for select 2008, 2009, and 2010 models. At this time, we cannot determine with certainty whether the 2010 Camaro will be eligible for the program. We will most likely receive this information once the Camaro begins production, in February 2009. For authorization and additional information, please visit http://www.gmcollegegrad.com or call 877-221-9343. Your preferred Chevrolet dealer will also have more information about available offers for the Camaro after production begins. You can find nearby dealers and check for updated information about the 2010 Camaro at http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com/

So i guess they havnt decided on the suppliers discount yet?