Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
+1 on the amp have one in my car and really like it. Also have a w3 JL sub and it sounds amazing. Nice setup for sure
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #16
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxultra View Post
+1 on the amp have one in my car and really like it. Also have a w3 JL sub and it sounds amazing. Nice setup for sure
Sweet! Do you have your sub mounted in a ******** box? How would you rate the sub performance with that amp? Are you running the BA speakers or aftermarket?
Thanks
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #17
BigPopa71

I went to Best Buy today and ended up picking up a Polk Audio DXI 6500 component set. I thought I was keeping my BA front speakers but when I see a $200 set of speakers for $90 Im not hesitating. These can handle 100 watts RMS so all of my speakers are a perfect match for my amp. Two more days to go!
Attached Images

Last edited by BigPopa71; 09-09-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #18
the barber

Drives: 13' Sw 2ss Ls3
Wow 90$ for a component set cant go wrong with that
the barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #19
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
I went to Best Buy today and ended up picking up a Polk Audio DXI 6500 component set. I thought I was keeping my BA front speakers but when I see a $200 set of speakers for $90 Im not hesitating. These can handle 100 watts RMS so all of my speakers are a perfect match for my amp. Two more days to go!
Nice dude, that sale price might even be better than my employee discount price there;] It happens from time to time... I did my front speakers today, Super easy swear the door panel took 5 seconds to pry off. However I was upset ******** sent me the front speaker adapters and I mounted them as high as possible (had to drill new holes) and my door panel wouldn't go back on! Luckily my mom had a dremmel kit where I sanded the piss out of that MDF board!
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #20
BigPopa71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Nice dude, that sale price might even be better than my employee discount price there;] It happens from time to time... I did my front speakers today, Super easy swear the door panel took 5 seconds to pry off. However I was upset ******** sent me the front speaker adapters and I mounted them as high as possible (had to drill new holes) and my door panel wouldn't go back on! Luckily my mom had a dremmel kit where I sanded the piss out of that MDF board!
I mom with a dremel kit! Now that's a real mom for you! Nice! What we do without them
Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #21
Knockoutpie

Quote:
I mom with a dremel kit! Now that's a real mom for you! Nice! What we do without them
The funniest part was I have one of the giant rubber cargo mats for my truck, and most likely i'm getting rid of it because it won't fit with the subwoofer box, she's like oh you can just give me that (she has a ford explorer and the mat says camaro) and i'll just cut it to size... I told her. Or I can sell it and get about 50 bucks out of it.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #22
thxultra

Drives: Mean ass V6
Quote:
Sweet! Do you have your sub mounted in a ******** box? How would you rate the sub performance with that amp? Are you running the BA speakers or aftermarket?
Thanks
I have the JL audio box since I had it in my last car. Like the sub thump box because it doesn't eat your whole trunk. Alpine amp works great with the sub. Plenty of clean power. Plenty of bass for my liking. I went for good sound but wanted to keep it in my car and this setup does just that. I have the stock HU (non BA). Running Focal 165kr's up front and hertz 16x9's in the rear all off the alpine amp. Very happy with the setup.
thxultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #23
BigPopa71

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxultra View Post
I have the JL audio box since I had it in my last car. Like the sub thump box because it doesn't eat your whole trunk. Alpine amp works great with the sub. Plenty of clean power. Plenty of bass for my liking. I went for good sound but wanted to keep it in my car and this setup does just that. I have the stock HU (non BA). Running Focal 165kr's up front and hertz 16x9's in the rear all off the alpine amp. Very happy with the setup.
Very nice! Sound like some quality sound. I'm more concerned about the quality of my music as well

Last edited by BigPopa71; 09-10-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #24
BigPopa71

So I took my car into Best Buy on Thursday for a 12:00 pm appointment to have my sound system installed. I walked over to a local mall to kill a few hours while they worked on my Camaro. I was walking back over at 2:00pm and a powerful thunder storm came out of nowhere. The power got knocked out at the store for three hours. When it came back on at 5pm the installation dept. was closing at 6pm. They got the 6x9's and the components in and had them playing off the factory amp. They told me I would have to leave my Camaro or bring it back I dont think so, my car was not sitting at best buy overnight. Then they tell me they are booked up solid through the weekend. End result was I packed my bag for vacation and I'm now in South Carolina getting my amp installed. This is a much better scenario. No stress and I have time to really play with the new toys. I can't wait tuntill they are done.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #25
Knockoutpie

Quote:
So I took my car into Best Buy on Thursday for a 12:00 pm appointment to have my sound system installed. I walked over to a local mall to kill a few hours while they worked on my Camaro. I was walking back over at 2:00pm and a powerful thunder storm came out of nowhere. The power got knocked out at the store for three hours. When it came back on at 5pm the installation dept. was closing at 6pm. They got the 6x9's and the components in and had them playing off the factory amp. They told me I would have to leave my Camaro or bring it back I dont think so, my car was not sitting at best buy overnight. Then they tell me they are booked up solid through the weekend. End result was I packed my bag for vacation and I'm now in South Carolina getting my amp installed. This is a much better scenario. No stress and I have time to really play with the new toys. I can't wait tuntill they are done.
It may sound bad leaving your car at best buy overnight, but it's very safe, the install bay is very securely locked, only the managers can get in and out once it's closed. Even still though if it were me i'd feel the same, but really 2 hours and finished the speakers is pretty fast, amp is a very fast process, you just have to run the wires which I did while I was installing my speakers. Amp + subs usually takes less than 1 hour.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #26
BigPopa71

I was expecting them to stay late to finish but it wasn't happening. The installer I had was meticulously going over everything. The one I have today is also pretty good. He's taking his time and is very detailed. I like that. Looks like this amp is gonna take 3 or more hours.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #27
gafool

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM
Bestbuy is not the best place to have a system installed, if you can take to a real installer, they will stay late and make sure it works right, best buy does not care about customer service
gafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #28
BigPopa71

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafool View Post
Bestbuy is not the best place to have a system installed, if you can take to a real installer, they will stay late and make sure it works right, best buy does not care about customer service
I used to think that too. But the reality is its all a crap shoot. I also go to safe and sound in Manassas, Va. It all depends on the installer who does the work. The guy who worked on my system is good. I sat here and watched him work on my car and I appreciate the attention to detail and showing me my car at each stage. Pulled apart, then with the equipment in so I can see how its wired, then a final walk through. I'm very meticulous and I like everything perfect. I don't settle for half @$$ work or hack jobs. I'm very satisfied with the work being done. I also like the fact that once everyone looks at the car they immediately call out their best guy!