Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #43
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Nevermind the pony wars, the Mustang continues on in the year 2010 and 2011 with a chassis that cannot accomodate curtain airbags. That is simply unacceptable today, and just for that reason the Camaro is a much more desireable car.

As safety consious Ford makes themselves out to be, I can't believe when the redesigned the Mustang for the new platform in 2004 (or whenever it was, I don't really remember) that they did not make accomodations for curtain airbags.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #44
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyrican88 View Post
lmao im sure your right, i think toyota f'ed up big time. who knows if they'll be able to recover from this because this has def ruined the way some ppl look at their brand. maybe GM can come out on top???
On a tangent - a buddy of mine went to rent a car yesterday and every rental car agency is sold out within a 100 mile radius (at least). Once the recall went through, all the rental agencies were forced to instantly yank all Toyotas from their inventory.

CPanther95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #45
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
The way the v6 2011 Mustang was sliding around in the corners in that video, I'm betting it'll be pretty popular with drifters and the type of teenage showoff who loves making noise.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #46
revwriter311
WHO DAT

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
The boys at GM have to be pretty dang thrilled about the Camaro #s so far. When things were going to pot not all that long ago, the new Camaro became one of the most sought out cars in America. It was the lone bright spot during the darkest hours. Now that GM has made some great strides toward regaining its rightful place at the top, I feel they owe the Camaro a serious amount of devotion. I really think they will put in the effort to remain head and shoulders above the competition (Mustang and Challenger) for many years to come.
revwriter311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #47
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by revwriter311 View Post
The boys at GM have to be pretty dang thrilled about the Camaro #s so far. When things were going to pot not all that long ago, the new Camaro became one of the most sought out cars in America. It was the lone bright spot during the darkest hours. Now that GM has made some great strides toward regaining its rightful place at the top, I feel they owe the Camaro a serious amount of devotion. I really think they will put in the effort to remain head and shoulders above the competition (Mustang and Challenger) for many years to come.
I hope so, because with the Stangs upgraded interior and upcoming powerplants now is NOT the time for GM to sit back and rest on its pony car laurels! We need A) a track pack, B) power adders (CAI, exhaust, gears), C) more appearance mods and last but certainly not least D) THE Z/28!!!!

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #48
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
I think you may see the game change in spring once the new 5.0 hits the dealers. Not to mention the Camaro will be a year old.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #49
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by revwriter311 View Post
I agree. It is not taboo at GM to talk about/work on the Camaro like it was for some time...it's a legitimate player in their plans going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
I think you may see the game change in spring once the new 5.0 hits the dealers. Not to mention the Camaro will be a year old.
I dunno...The Mustang has proven for the bast three decades that engines and power have little to do with holding the sales crown. Maybe that's changed...but I would expect design and other daily-driver features to have more of an effect.

That said...and I'm not trying to be pessimistic....I don't expect Camaro to hold the crown forever. Eventually, Mustang will overtake, as it typically has. All I care about is that GM keeps the car viable and competitive in sales...not necessarily #1. fwiw...
Old 02-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #50
Nightdiver

Drives: 2SS Transformer

Does anyone know how many Transformers were made?
How many of each style; 2SS, 1SS, 2LT and 1LT?
How many were manual transmission of each style?

Thanks for your reply

Last edited by Nightdiver; 02-05-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: clarification
Nightdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #51
njhardc0re

Drives: 2SS/RS
Is this really surprising? You get more power and a better looking car for the money.
njhardc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #52
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
What was GM's initial sales projections for the 2010 Camaro?

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:51 PM   #53
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njhardc0re View Post
You get more power and a better looking car for the money.
Getting "more power" is objective but "better looking" is subjective. Think of it this way, just because you think your girlfriend is hot does not mean everyone else holds the same opinion as you do.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #54
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Getting "more power" is objective but "better looking" is subjective. Think of it this way, just because you think your girlfriend is hot does not mean everyone else holds the same opinion as you do.
I think that's a given....but the general consensus on this site is that the Camaro looks better.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #55
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I think that's a given....but the general consensus on this site is that the Camaro looks better.
If it wasn't, I'd be very worried.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote