Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #113
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
OMG!! Is that 20mph increments?!?!

I'm just kidding, y'all.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 PM   #114
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_man_01103 View Post
:

i hope that these pics or any other rumor concerning the camaro dont push anybody away, especially before production.

my $0.02!
Don't worry because if the interior is the item that made them walk away, they did not want one anyway. It's so minor to me the rest of the car rocks. My $0.02....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

I'm just kidding, y'all.
I am noticing that 20 mph incroments are more common these days, strange..
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #115
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Quote:
Good one! def. looks that way to me.. And I guess it could be a place holder guage there...but probably not - that's an odd shape. So.......Passenger side is a good bet here.

I also want to say a word to those who don't like the interior: I'm sorry you feel that way.:( The fact is, that not everybody will be pleased with it. The Camar team knew this going in. You could, perhaps, be those people: And it's NOTHING AT ALL to your discredit.

All I would like to ask, is that come '09...you take a trip to a Chevy dealer, and just give the finished product a chance. You may change you minds...who knows?
I'm ashamed to say but i'm not a fan of the new interior, but who really cares about the interior, its gonna be a kick ass camaro and no one you drive by is gonna see the inside. im willing to take that risk, even though its no risk.

On the other hand what about the rear of the pre-pro. why would they change that?
Old 01-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #116
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
I also want to say a word to those who don't like the interior: I'm sorry you feel that way. The fact is, that not everybody will be pleased with it. The Camar team knew this going in. You could, perhaps, be those people: And it's NOTHING AT ALL to your discredit.

All I would like to ask, is that come '09...you take a trip to a Chevy dealer, and just give the finished product a chance. You may change you minds...who knows?
Most DEFF! No matter what I see from here till it's sold my plan (in 2011, sadly) is to go to GM with money in hand ready to buy. Life happens, and things can change that but it's my plan to make the Camaro my last car till the wheels fall off. I'm also a fan of the RX8 but I just don't think Mazda will blow my sox off considering they have virtually ignored the RX8 since it was made. Also...I worry about the future of V8's so before they are killed off (while they have been saying that since the V8 was made virtually) I'd like one.

I know I tend to freak out at first with this stuff, but within a post or three I'm done with it and I come back to Earth...lol.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #117
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
It's going to be a Digital Information center and Monitor and some idiot lights.
will have stuff like Tire Pressure, Outside Temp, Miles per gal calculation, Oil change reminder, Odometer and Trip meter, Maybe a compass and a peak G-Force and 0-60 timer like the one in the Charger SRT8.

My Silverado has a similar thing and so does my Mustang.

0-60 timer on theSRT8

And Peak G force that cool
I hope we do get a Digital Information Center in our Camaro... I feel pretty confident that we will, since it's such a popular option now.

Quote:

I'm just kidding, y'all.
hahaha!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:24 PM   #118
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
You know, maybe they put false gauge faces on just to confuse us...haha.

The more I look at these pictures, the more I like it. I filter out everything I know to be due to bad pictures and all the rough, non-production grade elements, and I see that behind all that is a truly nice interior. Cubanaso, I agree, the RX8 has a nice example of an interior. I'd like the Camaro's to be that nice with its own styling. I think we stand a good chance of seeing that.

I hope we get a 0-60 and g-force readout. That would be fun to play with on freeway onramps and cloverleafs....uhhh....jk Tag!

It looks like the center council is nicely padded and stitched maybe. I like that.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #119
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
The more I look at the pic the more I dislike the square tach and speedo pods. I still go back to thinking these were pics of early mules built atleast several months ago before camo was taken off and there have likly been some changes. I hope that I am convinced when I see the actual car. I can't understand someone thinking that the interior doesn't matter because most people you drive by won't see it??? I see the interior of my car 100x more than I see the exterior and in the end I am the only one I need to please. I think they will get it right but I hope they round out the speedo/tach pods. If the interior is "good enough" I will probably still get it. If not probably a 2 year old Vette or a Porche Cayman, really it will still likly be a Camaro. As stated above it may be my last chance a a rear drive V8 as we will see them die out as oil goes up which I belive it will. The car after this one may not even burn gas, so this one will have to last a long time.
VTXrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 AM   #120
jims69camaro

Drives: 1969 camaro coupe; 1987 IROC z
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Caddy interior. Again, nothing more, nothing less.
and nothing wrong with that.
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:43 AM   #121
jims69camaro

Drives: 1969 camaro coupe; 1987 IROC z
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
The car after this one may not even burn gas, so this one will have to last a long time.
i was thinking the same thing. like 30 years or so.
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #122
DougB06

Drives: '99 Chevy Camaro 3.8L
Firts of all I'd like to say hello to everyone in this thread. I haven't commented in a while but I've been reading. Anyway, I not sure if anyone has noticed this about the photos, so if this was already said then forget I ever said it. Looking at the close up of the dashboard (which I LOVE by the way!!!!!!) you see the Tach and Speedo. Well looking closely at the speedo, you will notice that it stops at 120 mph and us Camaro fans know what engine model stops at 120 mph! So, the pics here have to be of the V6 interior.
DougB06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #123
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
Cubanaso, I agree, the RX8 has a nice example of an interior. I'd like the Camaro's to be that nice with its own styling. I think we stand a good chance of seeing that.
Yup, that is my hope!

Quote:
I hope we get a 0-60 and g-force readout. That would be fun to play with on freeway onramps and cloverleafs....uhhh....jk Tag!
I don't think I wont some...because I might like them too much and get into trouble, lol.

Quote:
It looks like the center council is nicely padded and stitched maybe. I like that.
You know, I forgot to mention that. You are right on the money, it looks very high quality and it's not even done yet.

Quote:
I can't understand someone thinking that the interior doesn't matter because most people you drive by won't see it??? I see the interior of my car 100x more than I see the exterior and in the end I am the only one I need to please. I think they will get it right but I hope they round out the speedo/tach pods. If the interior is "good enough" I will probably still get it. If not probably a 2 year old Vette or a Porche Cayman, really it will still likly be a Camaro. As stated above it may be my last chance a a rear drive V8 as we will see them die out as oil goes up which I belive it will. The car after this one may not even burn gas, so this one will have to last a long time.
Wow, we are here (makes signal with fingers to eyes)..lol. The interior is important and people shouldn't take (most don't) our dislike as meaning we never really like the car or are not true fans, it's a matter of where you will live in those 100K+ miles of life with the Camaro.

I've said it and I'll say it again...the Camaro is shaping up to be a great looking muscle car and I'd love to make it my last car (till the wheels fall off). GM did such a SUPER job with this beast that it's killing me that unlike most of you I'll have to wait longer than I want. Also, as a fan of GM in general I'm not going to sit by without telling them my concerns (aka the GM folks here) so that maybe they can tweak it enough for those folks who are not in love with the interior at this time.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #124
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
I really like the square gauge housings. I think it looks modern, and I've never been a fan of "round". Square edges have always appealed to me personally.
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #125
mega_man_01103

Drives: 2011-12 Chevy Camaro
Send a message via AIM to mega_man_01103
just a comment, to those who dislike the square gauge housings.

remember that this car is completely (meaning interior and exterior) based on the 69 camaro and in the 69 camro the gauge housing were square so i doubt there will be any change.

so learn to love them.
mega_man_01103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #126
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_man_01103 View Post
remember that this car is completely (meaning interior and exterior) based on the 69 camaro and in the 69 camro the gauge housing were square so i doubt there will be any change.
EHHH!! Wrong.

There's a huge difference between "completely based" on a design, like the Challenger, and "inspired by the '69" like the Camaro. It was NOT designed to be a copy of the 69 as you state.

...but your point is still valid - the square gauges are gonna stay.