Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #29
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCEADDiCTBOY View Post
It is a 1LT, but the build page says it has the cover...
Then it was ordered as an option, the window sticker should show that it was an option and the price. Do you know what the MSRP on it was?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #30
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Then it was ordered as an option, the window sticker should show that it was an option and the price. Do you know what the MSRP on it was?
I believe 34Kish with the matching ground effects...
RiCEADDiCTBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #31
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Also,

"Another problem with verts are they are weaker becuase they don't have the structor of a metal roof. They put extra braces under the car to try make up but what happens is after several miles the car will loosen up and you will have tons of squeaks."

How true is this?
Not true at all. After 17 months & 43,205 miles I don't have any squeaks. I've had a few top problems, but squeaking and/or road/wind noise was not one of the issues.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 AM   #32
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
If the car was ordered from the factory with one it will be on the build sheet. It was optional on models where it wasn't standard equipment.

I just notice that paper has folding rear seat with trunk passthrough listed, the convertible does not have it.
Just what is that paper?
My convertible does have the folding rear seat - and the rear passenger seat has the lock next to it that lets you unlock the trunk too.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:09 AM   #33
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
My convertible does have the folding rear seat - and the rear passenger seat has the lock next to it that lets you unlock the trunk too.
I know for sure my 2012 doesn't have a folding rear seat, I'd love it if it did.

I'd really like to see a picture of your seat folded.
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #34
hworth18
Jus' Cruzin

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Krypton Green
My 2011 doesn't have the rear folding seat either...

I have 28k miles on my car and the top issues didn't start showing until 15k miles. I have an open ticket at my local dealer for the top fix but I am holding off until this next fix coming in April.
The car also squeaks some, but you know what? It's a convertible... I don't believe I have ever ridden in a vert that something didn't squeak in it so I am ok with that.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #35
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
It says the car's order code is 70 - "retail stock", so its unlikely it came with an optional cover. It also says this is not the definitive RPO information, and refers you to the window sticker for details.
It certainly didn't come with a folding rear seat.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #36
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
How does it unlock then? My 2010 coupe had a strap you pull, this car has no strap that I can find to unlock it.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #37
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
It says the car's order code is 70 - "retail stock", so its unlikely it came with an optional cover. It also says this is not the definitive RPO information, and refers you to the window sticker for details.
It certainly didn't come with a folding rear seat.
I directly contacted GM and questioned about the paperwork - they told me that their information regarding my car shows the same what the dealership printed for me and that it does come with the tonneau cover and etc....

??
RiCEADDiCTBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #38
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Quote:
How does it unlock then? My 2010 coupe had a strap you pull, this car has no strap that I can find to unlock it.
The rear passenger seat on driver's side - open the door, then pull left on the side of the seat that's closest to the door. The lock should be right there - it uses your ignition key.

I'm picking it up tonight - the dealer sent it to a top shop to fix some of the straps & headliner (let's hope they didn't screw it up more - fingers crossed).
I'll try & get pics posted.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #39
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
The rear passenger seat on driver's side - open the door, then pull left on the side of the seat that's closest to the door. The lock should be right there - it uses your ignition key.

I'm picking it up tonight - the dealer sent it to a top shop to fix some of the straps & headliner (let's hope they didn't screw it up more - fingers crossed).
I'll try & get pics posted.
Not talking about the trunk lock, the seat back lock is what I was referring to.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #40
EM1/SS

Drives: 11 2SS/RS M6 vert
That car is an early 2012 build and may or may not have problems. At this point there's no way to tell. You'll have to drive it and see what happens. The problem that most people are having is the way GM is (or is not) fixing the problem.

If you drive the car for a year and start to get holes in your top, then you'll get to see what they mean. If your going to worry about it, I would buy a different car.

I keep mine stored in the garage and put about 2500 to 3000 miles on it. And while some people do use it as a daily driver, there's no way I would. And while some people park their's outside, year around, again there's no way I would.

So far as I know, there's no extended warranty on the top from anyone.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #41
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
I directly contacted GM and questioned about the paperwork - they told me that their information regarding my car shows the same what the dealership printed for me and that it does come with the tonneau cover and etc....

??
Make sure you get your tonneau cover then, and make sure the posts are installed for the cords (those are installed as part of the PDI at the dealership). You don't want to have to pay for that cover separately.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #42
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Not talking about the trunk lock, the seat back lock is what I was referring to.
Give it up. He'll figure it out when he tries to bring home lumber from Home Depot!
The reason there's a lock next to the back seat is because the rear seat doesn't fold down. Then you can still access the trunk (and battery) without power.