Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #3165
scruffyluv
CB5thGEN

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS BRM 1LE, 05 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistany View Post
I can't wait when I turn 16!!!!! I hope I get a 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 1LT! I love them. <3

The dealers cant order the ABM's anymore, so if you get one it might be used. It was a limited run color..good luck!
scruffyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #3166
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
hmm I thought I was seeing double someone put red emblems on there wheels like me and the black gills too.. except I have the Black stripes and a few extra colors put on .. cool..
Old 12-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #3167
weeno310
embrace the random

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 in ABM + White RS's
sweeet! i just got off the phone with GM and they say my car's been made! even though my tpw was this week .. it's just waiting to get picked up by a truck for delivery to the dealer! can't wait!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #3168
jayC1974

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss aqua blue
My new baby

I have been following this car for years and been around this site for years as well but never registerd. Well I finaly got me one, I live in little rock arkansas so I had to go to frankfort IL to get me the one I wanted. And what I wanted was an Aqua Blue. Then they stopped making it. So I havent seen her in person yet but shes on her way for Xmas.
Attached Images

jayC1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #3169
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
awesome!!

wish mine would come in!! i'm getting really anxious!!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM   #3170
LineofPerfection

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro "Big Blue"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
awesome!!

wish mine would come in!! i'm getting really anxious!!!!
I got an update today, mine is waiting to be shipped !!! I can hardly wait !!!
LineofPerfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:52 PM   #3171
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

mine shows as ready to be shipped, but that's it. i click on the VIN number and it takes me to the page that is supposed to open it (worked last week, though it didn't show the sticker cause it wasn't available yet) and it gives me an error message. maybe the site is down? hope it comes up again soon. before i had tools to see where my car was, now i don't it makes the wait worse
Old 12-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #3172
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Got mine last week...

Unfortunately, this is the only good pic I have other than some pics the dealer sent me of the striping process. Went right from the showroom to my garage for the winter. Up on jackstands right now awaiting 4 months worth of mods!
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #3173
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Unfortunately, this is the only good pic I have other than some pics the dealer sent me of the striping process. Went right from the showroom to my garage for the winter. Up on jackstands right now awaiting 4 months worth of mods!
looks good!! those are the stripes i want (in white though)...think you could get the dimensions for me? that way i can give them to the paint shop i go to whenever i get them done.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #3174
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
looks good!! those are the stripes i want (in white though)...think you could get the dimensions for me? that way i can give them to the paint shop i go to whenever i get them done.
Here's a few more photos that might help you out. I'll ask the dealer, but this was a custom job and his body shop laid out my stripes from pics I sent him with a few verbal instructions from me. As a result, he probably doesn't have the exact dimensions. I would be happy to measure the car myself, but I'm not a pro and it probably wouldn't help you as much as these pictures do.

I went a little wider than the factory rallys in the rear and took them over and under the spoiler. The front stripes obviously extend over the mail slot, starting about a half inch wider than the factory rallys do at the top of the hood and tapering down along the fall line of the hood dome. There should be enough visual cues for how these stripes were laid out against the car for any body shop worth their salt to duplicate. If they can't, don't let them paint your car!

I cannot stress this enough....make sure you get photos like these for approval of the stripe layout before they paint. You have to think like you're looking at a photo negative when you look at them, but it's the only way to be sure you get what you want. Hope this helps and welcome to club ABM!
Attached Images

Old 12-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #3175
Mark's SS

Drives: 17 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Duramax
Hey, HOPPER. Nice stripes. I like the way they came out. I've been thinking about doing this on mine.
My dealer (great guy) called me the other day and wanted to know if I would bring my car to the a body shop so they could measure my factory stripes to be painted on another customer's black SS. (IOM interior and IOM stripes.) So of course I did. I'm just waiting to see the results to decide if that is where I will get mine painted. Yours look great!
Mark's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #3176
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Those are silver stripes, right? Love them!
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 PM   #3177
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
Those are silver stripes, right? Love them!
Yes, Silver Ice Metallic Stripes with a twist. Had the dealer put some blue pearl from the ABM in the Silver Ice paint before he sprayed it. Doesn't show up in pictures or on gray days, but when direct sunlight hits it, subtle blue sparkles appear in the stripes. TAGURIT did something very similar with his SIM hockey stripes on his CGM, but his was in the clearcoat. Mine is actually in the paint.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #3178
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
Yes, Silver Ice Metallic Stripes with a twist. Had the dealer put some blue pearl from the ABM in the Silver Ice paint before he sprayed it. Doesn't show up in pictures or on gray days, but when direct sunlight hits it, subtle blue sparkles appear in the stripes. TAGURIT did something very similar with his SIM hockey stripes on his CGM, but his was in the clearcoat. Mine is actually in the paint.
Very nice, love the design too.

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!