Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #29
SamIyam

Drives: 2010 1SS
Iv'e been around people who build and modify cars for 30 years.

One's reaction to people imitating them hangs largely on the reasons for which you are modifying your car.

People modify cars because they want to be different and stand out from the crowd.

They also modify their cars because they actually LIKE the modifications.

They also do it for a combination of the two reasons.

If you lean more towards modifying your vehicle to be different... you are setting yourself up for failure.

There will ALWAYS be someone that does it better, further over the top or more unique than you.

Enjoy what you do and savor the fact that you were the first... but realize their is someone out there that has already done it.

Sam
SamIyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #30
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Me and one of the guys I hang with have more or less made a game of it... I saw an engine/motor cover that I liked,,,, I did mine more or less the same way in my shop, this guy liked it, jumped on his, then he went one further and added lights, so I added lights with a polished reflector, and so it goes... we laugh, he teases me and I throw it right back... great guy, and is good people to hang around...SummitSS
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 AM   #31
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by moultron View Post
Not sure If I am just being a little childish here but I did some cosmetic mods to my car and obviously other owners in my area stop me to check it out. As well as I check out theirs and that always turns into a good conversation, but 2 weeks later when I then run into the same guy and he did almost exactly what i did (specifically blacked out rear end including all my lights, same engine cover and even the "fuses" on fuse the fuse box)....it just ercked me a bit. And I know these are common paint mods, but I did mine a bit different then anything I had seen posted.

Am I being a bit*h or do others feel the same?

I just think to each their own and granted there is only so many things you can do to the car, but with that said; be creative in your changes. You don't have to copy it exactly.

BTW I am a big boy so bash if you feel the need to do so......LOL
If you don't want it copied, don't show it. If you did a great job, there will always be people that mimic you.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #32
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Me and one of the guys I hang with have more or less made a game of it... I saw an engine/motor cover that I liked,,,, I did mine more or less the same way in my shop, this guy liked it, jumped on his, then he went one further and added lights, so I added lights with a polished reflector, and so it goes... we laugh, he teases me and I throw it right back... great guy, and is good people to hang around...SummitSS
It's kind of like trying to out do your neighbor at Christmas with the lights.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 AM   #33
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Could you post more pics? I'm looking for ideas.
lol.....
Old 03-23-2010, 12:20 AM   #34
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
...kinda like that (minus the crazy)
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #35
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Nyet, not at my house, for starters, (uhh thread jack gain, sorry) my neighbors are bad-ass at Christmas lighting, next, ughhhh, I can't stand putting them up.... Hi mom dad, Christmas at the Bro's house, woohooo... coolio...I have spent weeks, nah months, nay years digging the boxes out, trying to find a single string that all the lights work on, going to Wal-mart in something other than a nice vehicle, buying more, getting a new ladder, more hangers, etc.... putting all the things up and still not having the frigg'in things work....Smashed thumb, blood rushing to my head from hanging upside down off a 6/12 pitch roof, dropped nails that I'll launch six months later with the lawn mower killing the neighbors cat...(uhhh, Merry Christmas) wife saying that's not what she wanted after she got up off the couch and came out to se what I was doing, as I lay on the ground needing emergency medical assistance for the broken neck and multiple puncture wounds from the nails previously dropped, oh, and assistance getting out of the thorny palm tree that we had to have...and then get it all done, only to hang my head in shame as I look across the street and see the SAX Fifth Ave decorations that caused the building of a new generating station on the Colorado River to support the energy demends of...and a turd sitting in the front yard drinking a beer and asking if I need any help...

nope not for me, dont do the outside Christmas lights anymore...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #36
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Nyet, not at my house, for starters, (uhh thread jack gain, sorry) my neighbors are bad-ass at Christmas lighting, next, ughhhh, I can't stand putting them up.... Hi mom dad, Christmas at the Bro's house, woohooo... coolio...I have spent weeks, nah months, nay years digging the boxes out, trying to find a single string that all the lights work on, going to Wal-mart in something other than a nice vehicle, buying more, getting a new ladder, more hangers, etc.... putting all the things up and still not having the frigg'in things work....Smashed thumb, blood rushing to my head from hanging upside down off a 6/12 pitch roof, dropped nails that I'll launch six months later with the lawn mower killing the neighbors cat...(uhhh, Merry Christmas) wife saying that's not what she wanted after she got up off the couch and came out to se what I was doing, as I lay on the ground needing emergency medical assistance for the broken neck and multiple puncture wounds from the nails previously dropped, oh, and assistance getting out of the thorny palm tree that we had to have...and then get it all done, only to hang my head in shame as I look across the street and see the SAX Fifth Ave decorations that caused the building of a new generating station on the Colorado River to support the energy demends of...and a turd sitting in the front yard drinking a beer and asking if I need any help...

nope not for me, dont do the outside Christmas lights anymore...
I repeat... "minus the crazy"! You either gotta be crazy to love doing it, or it will drive you crazy... trying to do it!
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2010, 01:59 AM   #37
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
It's a good thing. It means they liked it. I may have the first IOM 2SS with black stripes in my area but sooner or later someone else will have one too. I'm sure others will copy my mods too but who cares. I do them cause I like them. If someone else likes the same style as me it just means they have really good taste.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:34 AM   #38
CamaroVision

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT/RS
Most of you are missing the main point, he's upset about more specific details, but overall ok with it, but the personal touch of the painted "fuses" on his cover that was also copied was a little out of the way overdone copycat.

At least that's how I see it.
CamaroVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:14 AM   #39
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So Bobby copied your mods, and told all your friends that he had them first....

How does that make you feel?...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #40
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I don't feel upset. I just know that I had it first and that's all that matters. There's plenty of people around with my hood nowadays, and I welcome them to the exclusive club of having the best hood around. =P

Also, just find a way to personalize your mods imho. My door projectors say the cars name, which I highly doubt anyone will name their came the same name that my fiancee came up with.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:27 AM   #41
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If it's me, I take it as a compliment. I have a lot of work into my truck, and if somebody likes one of my idea's and uses it, I'm cool with that.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:35 AM   #42
ROBBDOGG1986
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
moultron , now u gotta do something drastic like a supercharger or a nice hood with scoop, or even hydraulics!!! If u did hydraulics and someone in ur area copied that then they just wanna be u LOL