Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 02-05-2012, 11:50 PM   #29
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
I can't believe this is still around!! What a shame.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #30
Tshepp
Show & Go

Drives: '10 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw24 View Post
I can't believe this is still around!! What a shame.
Me either, but I know the right person will come along and snag this beauty. I didnt expect a whole lot of activity with it being February and all, but Spring is just around the corner!!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #31
Tshepp
Show & Go

So whats everyone think? I feel my pricing is fair and competitive but am receiving much lower offers
Old 02-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #32
Kenmecca
Mecca SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS IBM M6/ '05 Hemi Magnum
Unfort live in californication, the home to smog tree huggers. I could see bringing in this one to get the initial smog. Too bad as it cuts down on what I think I can try to buy with all these great modded vehicles for sale. Price still seems reasonable as to what Ive seen
Kenmecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #33
Tshepp
Show & Go

I feel the price is pretty fair and aggressive considering what the car is. I am just curious what others' opinions are...
Old 02-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #34
Aqwk68

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs and turbo 68 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshepp View Post
I feel the price is pretty fair and aggressive considering what the car is. I am just curious what others' opinions are...
I agree with you that it's a pretty fair price, maybe slightly on the high side, but fair. I just bought (earlier this month) a 2SS/RS with basically the same motor mods (cam, headers, exhaust, tune, very close in hp, etc), lowering springs, after market sway bars and short throw shifter. It had 10K miles on it and I paid $27K for it. Yours has half the miles, but not a 2SS. I watched cars on here and other places for several months and actually had yours saved as my number one option because of the price and the motor mods you had done (I'm more into motor/suspension mods than appearance mods). If it wouldn't have been for me coming across the one I bought, I would have talked to you about yours.

I think if you list it around $27/28K you might get a few more bites, but like I said, your $29K asking price is fair. Just my thoughts, not trying to come across rude or anything. Good luck with the sale.
Aqwk68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #35
Tshepp
Show & Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqwk68 View Post
I agree with you that it's a pretty fair price, maybe slightly on the high side, but fair. I just bought (earlier this month) a 2SS/RS with basically the same motor mods (cam, headers, exhaust, tune, very close in hp, etc), lowering springs, after market sway bars and short throw shifter. It had 10K miles on it and I paid $27K for it. Yours has half the miles, but not a 2SS. I watched cars on here and other places for several months and actually had yours saved as my number one option because of the price and the motor mods you had done (I'm more into motor/suspension mods than appearance mods). If it wouldn't have been for me coming across the one I bought, I would have talked to you about yours.

I think if you list it around $27/28K you might get a few more bites, but like I said, your $29K asking price is fair. Just my thoughts, not trying to come across rude or anything. Good luck with the sale.
Not rude at all I had a local buyer say he would offer me between 26-27. I thought that was a pretty lowball offer considering the asking price thats why I wanted some opinions. I feel like if it did sit too long I would consider dropping the price a little bit but right now I just cant see throwing money out the door when it really IS worth the asking price. I am a realistic seller and open to reasonable offers but not looking to drop 3k off the starting price.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #36
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshepp View Post
Not rude at all I had a local buyer say he would offer me between 26-27. I thought that was a pretty lowball offer considering the asking price thats why I wanted some opinions. I feel like if it did sit too long I would consider dropping the price a little bit but right now I just cant see throwing money out the door when it really IS worth the asking price. I am a realistic seller and open to reasonable offers but not looking to drop 3k off the starting price.
I think your asking price is fair. Im sure you could sell it at your asking price but it may take some time with this economy. If your in a rush to sell you might what to consider a lower price. If you priced it at 28k it would probably sell fairly quick. I know how it is, I just sold my SS. I was sort of in a rush so I let it go for $27,300 . Mine was a manual 2SS RS. I sold most of my aftermarket stuff before selling except for my lowering springs. If this was around when I am ready to buy again I would snatch it up quick. Good luck with the sale.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
Tshepp
Show & Go

Great weather on the horizon, looking to hit almost 60s next week! Definitely bringing out the SS for Spring cleaning and wax job so its all pretty for the a new owner Come on, I know someone wants to jump on this beautiful machine!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #38
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
The issue with your car is that your powertrain warranty is void (and possibly the entire car), and that warranty from GM 5yr/100K miles is worth alot of money.

If your car breaks, the buyer is responsible, and the costs can add up quickly...by the thou$ands.

Not only does the lack of a warranty lower the value, but when the warranty is voided, you limit the prospective buyers to cash only buyers, as a bank won't loan on a car where the warranty was intentionally voided. In that respect its just like a salvage car.

You should squeeze whatever value you can out of a cash buyer and get out....or drive your $$ worth out of the car.

PS. Your mods (cam, springs, rods) are more easily reversed than some of the cars with different heads, 416 engines, and superchargers. You could put it back to stock if the dealer hasn't tagged it as "warranty blocked" in their service system...which is global. If its already blocked there is no going back.

Last edited by speedmon; 03-09-2012 at 02:27 PM.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #39
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
Not only does the lack of a warranty lower the value, but when the warranty is voided, you limit the prospective buyers to cash only buyers, as a bank won't loan on a car where the warranty was intentionally voided. In that respect its just like a salvage car.
Gotta be honest... I've never heard of anything like that in my life. Banks will check the title, but a dealer's maintenance records?

OP, I think your price is fair. Just have to be patient... as spring rolls around, interest will perk up.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #40
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Gotta be honest... I've never heard of anything like that in my life. Banks will check the title, but a dealer's maintenance records?

OP, I think your price is fair. Just have to be patient... as spring rolls around, interest will perk up.
I agree.. The only way a bank would know about the mods and voided warranty is if you told them..
Old 03-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #41
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
I agree.. The only way a bank would know about the mods and voided warranty is if you told them..
The bank is loaning you the money assuming the car is good collateral for the loan. If you don't tell them that the warranty is void, which is a material fact, it is FRAUD! And more technically, because banks are insured by the federal government....it is BANK FRAUD, which is a criminal offense. Imagine what would happen if you stopped making payments, car was repossessed, but it didn't run because the modded engine was blown......and the dealer wouldn't honor the warranty...would you say ha, ha on the bank, because the took your car and now have to fork out $7K on an engine?

You could, but they would have the last laugh when they sued you and the seller for fraud....the seller? Yes, he benefitted from the fraud when he took the money from the bank. And they would really have the last laugh when they reported you to the FBI and they took you away.

Some famous guy here in CA just went to prison for Bank Fraud related to automobiles.

Try not to underestimate the value destruction to your car when you modify it. It doens't add value to your car....if you void the factory warranty.

He's also having problems moving the car because dealers are selling brand new 2012 1SS's for $31K.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #42
flynnstone

Drives: Black Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
The bank is loaning you the money assuming the car is good collateral for the loan. If you don't tell them that the warranty is void, which is a material fact, it is FRAUD! And more technically, because banks are insured by the federal government....it is BANK FRAUD, which is a criminal offense. Imagine what would happen if you stopped making payments, car was repossessed, but it didn't run because the modded engine was blown......and the dealer wouldn't honor the warranty...would you say ha, ha on the bank, because the took your car and now have to fork out $7K on an engine?

You could, but they would have the last laugh when they sued you and the seller for fraud....the seller? Yes, he benefitted from the fraud when he took the money from the bank. And they would really have the last laugh when they reported you to the FBI and they took you away.

Some famous guy here in CA just went to prison for Bank Fraud related to automobiles.

Try not to underestimate the value destruction to your car when you modify it. It doens't add value to your car....if you void the factory warranty.

He's also having problems moving the car because dealers are selling brand new 2012 1SS's for $31K.
Everything you have written is so far from the truth its ridiculous. Banks provide consumers with vehicle loans based on two conditions. First is the vehicles condition/status (salvage or clean title), and second, based upon your credit rating/income and overall ability to repay the loan.

Absolutely nowhere is it a requirement for you to disclose a vehicles warranty status to a creditor, nor is it Fraud. If you buy a modified vehicle and it explodes, you are still required to make due on the loan you took out.

BUT FRAUD... REALLY?

You sir are a simpleton in the greatest sense of the word.
flynnstone is offline   Reply With Quote