Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #15
Brandonmos

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by treplatano View Post
I had the same issue with mine. I have over 10K miles on it now. What I learn after driving this car around quite a bit is; it doesn't like to be babied too much. If you try to reduce the driveline noises by being superbly gentle with it, it will just stink up the clutch. I drive in stop-and-go situations quite often, and when I take off in 1st, it is as if I am seriously going to get going. ( i hope that makes sense)

I usually skip 3rd gear for this reason, I might hit the teens(14-18mph) in first, move to second, make it to low 20s and go straight to 4th. 3rd gear is very tall and while I can use it, I have learned that I can be much smoother to the car and passengers by avoiding the whole thing.

Hope this helps. Now drive, take chances, and have fun! (but seriously, be careful)

this
Old 06-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
I only get it when I'm babying it or using the Hill assist. Other than that, it liked to be driven hard.
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #17
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
The few times (once or twice when it was new) I have had smell I could directly attribute it to the idiot pushing on the pedals.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:36 PM   #18
RoaringV8

Drives: 2017 HBM Camaro SS 1LE Camaro
I too have smelled this on occasion when dealing with hill assist and babying it when pulling into the garage. It happens when I slip the clutch too long.
RoaringV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #19
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Yup, babying it, like when slowly creeping up a house driveway with slight incline, and then hill assist kicking in for good measure, YOU WILL get dat smell.

To the OP, as you can see by the testimonials, it's normal on this ride.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #20
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
make sure your clutch pedal is not sticking down slightly, we normally put a larger return spring on it to fix this issue
Can you please elaborate on this a little? Part #?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #21
Mongojoe

Drives: '14 2SS/RS 1LE NPP, NAV, Recaros
Went away after 1000 miles. Thought it was mostly me re-learning how to drive stick, but now it seems like it's normal?
Old 06-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #22
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I never got any burning clutch smell, but what I DID get was that HORRIBLE STENCH (that kinda smells like clutch) from the EXHAUST PIPES. Wow that stuff stinks something horrible.

It's the oil on the exhaust pipes burning off. They put oil on the pipes to help with forming them. It can take a thousand or so miles to burn off, longer if you're only doing short trips.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #23
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
I never got any burning clutch smell, but what I DID get was that HORRIBLE STENCH (that kinda smells like clutch) from the EXHAUST PIPES. Wow that stuff stinks something horrible.

It's the oil on the exhaust pipes burning off. They put oil on the pipes to help with forming them. It can take a thousand or so miles to burn off, longer if you're only doing short trips.
Hmmmmm, interesting, I never recorded those type of observations, but I believe you.

I drive Sledge too hard and long, so I'm sure it got burnt it off quickly

Clutch smell still lingers, even if not up to normal operating temp on an incline while parking say.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:24 PM   #24
Adam1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
I've got a little under 700 miles on mine and I noticed the clutch smell the other day on a hard launch on the street. Had the trac off(single push) and took off semi-hard from dead stop. Tires spun proly 20 feet or so and I smelt it. It had me wondering if the stability control was applying the rear brakes on that take off and contributing to the clutch smell. The reason I say this is because I really thought I was going to light the tires up takin off like that but it just kinda felt held back if ya know what I mean. And that dang hill assist will catch u off guard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adam1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:51 PM   #25
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1LE View Post
I've got a little under 700 miles on mine and I noticed the clutch smell the other day on a hard launch on the street. Had the trac off(single push) and took off semi-hard from dead stop. Tires spun proly 20 feet or so and I smelt it. It had me wondering if the stability control was applying the rear brakes on that take off and contributing to the clutch smell. The reason I say this is because I really thought I was going to light the tires up takin off like that but it just kinda felt held back if ya know what I mean. And that dang hill assist will catch u off guard!

If you're only doing one push, it will still apply brakes if it notices the back end sliding sideways at all.

If you want good burnout mode, push and hold the button for 10 seconds. Then it's all nannies off.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:20 PM   #26
Adam1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Thanks!

Adam1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #27
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Mines does it if I grab 2nd gear hard and the tires grab. like there is to much tire. But only with the Nannies on. If I turn everything off then no problems It's like the car won't let the tires spin so the car puts the power to the clutch being it can't get it to the wheels cause the car keeps hitting the brakes to keep the car from sliding sideways. But I'm so not a car guy I'm just guessing : ????

Last edited by skipinminn; 12-04-2014 at 01:00 AM.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:10 AM   #28
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
I have had the hill assist lock my front calipers a couple times while on level ground and not release for a little bit while trying to go from a stop and burning pads smell just like burning clutch. And the dealership has no idea what im talking about lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote