Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 09:55 AM   #29
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Wow this is unexpected.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #30
mark_p

Drives: 2010 2SSRS m6
I am on the vetted forum. I recieved a letter from his attorney and have called them many times. It states they are Officially Closed and i am to not contact them about getting any of my money back..i ordered parts from matt directly and he kept the money. I was told by him that he had the larts shipped direct from manufacturer. After weeka of waiting i contacted manufactures and they said he never ordered anything. They have since blocked him..also his credit issuer company has told me that his bank acxount is cancelled and they can not do any refunds. This is after he promised me a refund was on the way. Even sent me some fake processing paperwork. This now seems to have been a ploy until his lawyer could fi ish his ceast ans desist paperwork so noone could seek refunds directly from him. He is a crooka dna fraud. We have now found many that are in same scenario. WITH SUPERCHARGERS, ETC THAT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO ORDER AND NEVER DID AFTER TAKING THEIR MONEY..
Old 09-11-2016, 10:31 AM   #31
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Man, the specialty performance business has got to be a real nightmare to run. Having millions of dollars worth of other people's assets under your protection and care. Have running accounts from vendors in the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars, for services that may not yield any revenue for months, if not years? In the meantime, paying rent, leasing, buying heavy equipment, paying employees, and all the other overhead, R&M to the shop, insurance, utilities.

Just proves that having great skill at something isn't enough. Also have to have a handle on how to run the business end. Sounds to me like he bit off more than he could chew at some point. Got in a big hurry to become a big name in the biz. Probably has a few creditors that filed for judgements on unpaid balances that he couldn't pay at the time. It takes time, and growth has to be managed properly.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #32
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
WOW I am really sorry to hear of all the People being screwed.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:29 PM   #33
mark_p

Yeah, i definetely will never purchase from vendors if i can help it. Will be buying from manufacturers from now on.. Some have it way way worse than me with many thousands lost and incomplete cars that they will have to spend a fortune on to get back going..
Old 09-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #34
mark_p

Also found that they were selling stuff (my items in particular) at below manufacturers cost to get more sales..after i called the manufacturer directly they said "no way" i dont even sell them to matt at those prices. They did end up matching it as a favor because i had got ripped of on their product from matt..
Old 09-11-2016, 01:29 PM   #35
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Not good

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
Old 09-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #36
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Wow! Such BS shops are allowed to do that. Reminds me of the Pedders fiasco now come to think about it maybe not at the level that engines were missing and stuff. So basically he files for bankruptcy waits a bit opens up shop somewhere else and starts over?

Karma will come back around on him someday where lawyers and bankruptcy courts can't protect him.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:49 PM   #37
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_p View Post
I am on the vetted forum. I recieved a letter from his attorney and have called them many times. It states they are Officially Closed and i am to not contact them about getting any of my money back..i ordered parts from matt directly and he kept the money. I was told by him that he had the larts shipped direct from manufacturer. After weeka of waiting i contacted manufactures and they said he never ordered anything. They have since blocked him..also his credit issuer company has told me that his bank acxount is cancelled and they can not do any refunds. This is after he promised me a refund was on the way. Even sent me some fake processing paperwork. This now seems to have been a ploy until his lawyer could fi ish his ceast ans desist paperwork so noone could seek refunds directly from him. He is a crooka dna fraud. We have now found many that are in same scenario. WITH SUPERCHARGERS, ETC THAT HE WAS SUPPOSED TO ORDER AND NEVER DID AFTER TAKING THEIR MONEY..
Takes a real special scumbag to go to that extent. I really hope everything gets worked out. This situation reminds me of the the moms that get their hands on the fundraising for school/community organizations and begin to steal the donations while making false promises for new jerseys/equipment.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:45 PM   #38
mark_p

Just so you know this is the second shop this guy has done this with. First up north then down in FL.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #39
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
Man this is bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Old 09-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #40
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I love how people chime in defending the guy, but absolutely have no idea what customers are going through and are not in their shoes. Total 180 if it was the other way around. I really hope all you guys make sure this nerd doesn't do this ever again.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #41
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
He may have been a stand up guy in the past but he put lots of customers in tough positions...until he makes it right by them he shouldn't be defended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Old 09-11-2016, 06:21 PM   #42
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_p View Post
Just so you know this is the second shop this guy has done this with. First up north then down in FL.
Wasn't there a thread here about FSP potentially doing this that got shut down damn quick?
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.

Closed Thread