Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 01:32 AM   #99
You Won't
Nothin wrong with dreamin

Drives: Camaro SS
More assumptions. Not everyone handles issues or deals with them the same way.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #100
mark_p

Drives: 2010 2SSRS m6
Some people just refuse to see the writing on the walls.. I think the letter we recieved from his attorney offers 100% clarification. It clearley states that FSP can not financially complete any of its obligations and no one is to contact them to collect what is owed. Typical of the kind of people we have in society now days. LIE, DECIEVE, AND HIDE FROM YOUR OBLIGATIONS.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #101
mark_p

"You won't" can you please do a grammer check for me. My secretary is busy right now..
Old 09-15-2016, 10:47 AM   #102
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_p View Post
Some people just refuse to see the writing on the walls.. I think the letter we recieved from his attorney offers 100% clarification. It clearley states that FSP can not financially complete any of its obligations and no one is to contact them to collect what is owed. Typical of the kind of people we have in society now days. LIE, DECIEVE, AND HIDE FROM YOUR OBLIGATIONS.
Mark, tell me one business that doesn't hide behind an attorney, once they are no longer solvent? It's only the next step in filing bankruptcy, or to protect yourself from any further negative consequences. In today's world, 99 percent of the businesses that have gone under, or are in the process of going under, get an attorney, and protect themselves from their creditors. Hell people do it for personal protection, having nothing to do with owning a business. The letter you got from his attorney, is standard practise. There is nothing special about it. Remember, they most likely owe money to more than just customers. There are parts company's, equipment leases, and so on, that they need to protect themselves from also. The customers are just part of that picture.

Did they hurt people? Yes. Did they take money from people when they knew they would not be able to pay it back, or provide the service that they were paying for? It appears that way. Everybody has assumed that FSP is going to leave them hangin in the wind, nobody is giving them a chance to see if they will make it right. Time will tell. Personally I have some faith that they will at least do something to make people whole. I can't bring myself to believe that a company, or person, who ran such an honorable business for the length of time that they did, practising the good business edict that they practised, will throw it all away like this. As I said, time will tell, and I hope I am not proven wrong about that. Although my first thoughts are the same as yours, I try to take the emotion out of it, and hope for the best. I chose to wait and see, instead of firing up the BBQ and have a roast the day after.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
Old 09-15-2016, 11:05 AM   #103
mark_p

I can appreciate that. I to gave them time. 6 weeks of it.. this is not something new that happened yesterday. They lied to me for 6 weeks prior to filing. First i was told it will ship soon, then that it had shipped, then that they would provide a tracking number since it was taking so long, then after i called the maufacturer to find out it was never ordered i was told "sorry" refund is on the way. Much more time goes by and i contact their processing compay and they say "sorry" no refund issued for you...Does this sound like I prematurly fired up the BBQ?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #104
1KillerSS

Quote:
I can appreciate that. I to gave them time. 6 weeks of it.. this is not something new that happened yesterday. They lied to me for 6 weeks prior to filing. First i was told it will ship soon, then that it had shipped, then that they would provide a tracking number since it was taking so long, then after i called the maufacturer to find out it was never ordered i was told "sorry" refund is on the way. Much more time goes by and i contact their processing compay and they say "sorry" no refund issued for you...Does this sound like I prematurly fired up the BBQ?
Actually yea. I am talking about waiting to see if they can restructure, and that takes some time, more than 6 weeks man. Look I get that you are pissed, I was made promises too, my car is less than it should be considering I paid good money for it to be finished. But when a company fails, it takes longer than 6 weeks for it to even get to the courts. Let alone giving Matt some time after the fact to at least make an effort (after the dust clears that is). That may be more than your willing to give. And that's your prerogative, I'm not telling you that your wrong, I'm merely saying to have realistic expectations about the process. Give it time, and when the dust clears, if its still not resolved honorably, then roast the hell out of them. Hell, I'll join you.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 09-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #105
mark_p

Then why all the lying about the stuff then. If he would have just shot staight then no foul.. Hell I know people have hard times but to outright lie to my face about what I purchased shipping and about sending a refund is downright dirty business..yes?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:21 AM   #106
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Your opines mean exactly squat to the Florida State judicial system, jump up and down, scream, use caps, keep it up and I'm sure a check will magically appear with all your money. You're trying to make sure no one else does business with FSP, appears you won sir as the shop looks closed. You want to get on the list of creditors for what appears is bankruptcy court => hire an attorney. You got slapped with a non-communication letter? Congrats, FSP is doing exactly what they are supposed to do so far.

I'm unclear why you are here except to further attempt to discredit/libal/defame FSP over what appears to be an isolated incident in an otherwise long stellar business rep.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:49 AM   #107
mark_p

Not isolated at all. There are seven confimed victims of this fraud in the 10's of thousands of dollars leading up to the official filing of bankruptcy. My lawyer says this is fairly typical of companies to stockpile cash and hide it prior to filing and not report it. Not saying that is what they done. If this is the case it is however illegal and considered fraud in the state of florida. It would also disqualify them for bankruptcy protection from their debtors. This is all above my head and my bank (bank of america) is going after them financially as i had fraud protection. Bank of america deemed it is as fraud after seeing the corespondance followed by the closing letter. We all should be making sure they don't do this to anyone else in the meantime
Old 09-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #108
mark_p

Also there are several vendors like ACS, alky, etc that have stepped up to help some of the victims and that needs to be noted as they were not responsible and are still helping customers.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:09 PM   #109
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Not isolated at all...
Site a single incident either with a news article or public court document, similar to this one in which we'll arbitrarily call "Hurricane Hermine", whereby Florida Speed & Power has moved to "closing its doors (temporarily or otherwise) and moved behind an attorney" before.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #110
mark_p

Im pretty sure no one else will do business with them after this so i have no need to continue discussing it. The affected parties are coming together at this time to take the necessary actions. For those of you on here that are friends of his. Tell him if he will just put or checks in the mail that would be great.. Again thanks to all on here that helped in bringing this to light and escpecially to those who helped the best they could to keep people whole as ppssible so they could continue their builds.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #111
1KillerSS

Quote:
..................downright dirty business..yes?
Yes, no argument there.

Build thread
Old 09-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #112
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

So no evidence of a prior repeat eh? No surprise there

Quote:
Im pretty sure no one else will do business with them after this so i have no need to continue discussing it....
Keep telling yourself that....

Closed Thread