Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #1
hou30guy

Drives: 2011 convertible 2ss/rs
Maggie 2300 coolant leaking in motor

Just put my motor back together and bought a maggie 2300 jackshaft from a person on here. My 1st start was white smoke with coolant smell for about 3 to 5 mins and went away and ran fine so i left car parked. The next morning i topped off the supercharger reservoir about 6oz more of coolant and started it again so i turn it back off within 30 sec. So thats telling me the supercharger has a leak somewhere inside of it. Maybe at the mini intercooler inside the supercharger or the tube the leave the intercooler that protrude to the top rear of the supercharger housing. Have anyone experience this or may have some insight. My radiator is full and hasnt went down so that is already ruled out.
hou30guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hou30guy View Post
Just put my motor back together and bought a maggie 2300 jackshaft from a person on here. My 1st start was white smoke with coolant smell for about 3 to 5 mins and went away and ran fine so i left car parked. The next morning i topped off the supercharger reservoir about 6oz more of coolant and started it again so i turn it back off within 30 sec. So thats telling me the supercharger has a leak somewhere inside of it. Maybe at the mini intercooler inside the supercharger or the tube the leave the intercooler that protrude to the top rear of the supercharger housing. Have anyone experience this or may have some insight. My radiator is full and hasnt went down so that is already ruled out.
Most likely you are correct the intercooler is leaking, do not run the engine, remove the supercharger, pull the plugs and turn the engine over to pump out any water.

The danger is you can crack a piston or bend a rod with water in the cylinders.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #3
hou30guy

������������ thxs
Old 10-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
hou30guy

Hopefully a quick fix on the intercooler
Old 10-24-2017, 06:49 AM   #5
hou30guy

Took it all apart anf the 2 orings that sit around the brick intercooler top suppy and return pipes was wore out. Causing coolant to pass and slip down in the lower sc manifold and ultimately in the motor. 2 bucks worth of garden hose orings that was the same fit real snug. Buttoning her back up this morning after a good clean thru out the sc and she should be good as new. Probably a oz or so in the rear cylinders so probably pull the plugs and give her a start so she can blow out what ever in her lol and if the plugs looks gine on this new motor then reinstall plugs and take her to the shop for a tune. Thxs janetty racing
Old 10-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hou30guy View Post
Took it all apart anf the 2 orings that sit around the brick intercooler top suppy and return pipes was wore out. Causing coolant to pass and slip down in the lower sc manifold and ultimately in the motor. 2 bucks worth of garden hose orings that was the same fit real snug. Buttoning her back up this morning after a good clean thru out the sc and she should be good as new. Probably a oz or so in the rear cylinders so probably pull the plugs and give her a start so she can blow out what ever in her lol and if the plugs looks gine on this new motor then reinstall plugs and take her to the shop for a tune. Thxs janetty racing
Any time friend.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #7
Markwrench

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS ord 7-7-10 home8-24-10
Haz up close and personal experience with hydrostatic lock. Always buku bucks
Markwrench is offline   Reply With Quote