Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #225
gdheri

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
I just install mine few days now issues I'm haveing is that my remote range is gonne from 50+feet to 0- feet and I have alpine 927 nav unit. The stock ba system sound like shit and I'm not getting any bass from my Rockford t2 sub. It was a lot better with stock stereo. Either I cannot set the eq better on alpine or it just suck. I will be emailing scosche today about the remote range
gdheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #226
ken1171

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdheri View Post
I just install mine few days now issues I'm haveing is that my remote range is gonne from 50+feet to 0- feet and I have alpine 927 nav unit. The stock ba system sound like shit and I'm not getting any bass from my Rockford t2 sub. It was a lot better with stock stereo. Either I cannot set the eq better on alpine or it just suck. I will be emailing scosche today about the remote range
I would love to hear what they tell you... make sure you send your firmware/software version with your feedback as that will be the first thing they ask for. Keep your eyes on the Tire Monitor as mine as been going in and out every other day or so. Also the chimes. About once every 4-5 starts, the chimes just decide to keep going till I turn on a turn signal or the emergency flashers.
ken1171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #227
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
I think someone needs to file a class action lawsuit against scosche. They have had plenty of time, delays to get this right and they continue to take money with a defective product.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #228
dmartin7700

Drives: convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffen View Post
I think someone needs to file a class action lawsuit against scosche. They have had plenty of time, delays to get this right and they continue to take money with a defective product.
Not all kits are defective I have the new kit and everything works like it suppose to
dmartin7700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #229
3GPa

Drives: SOLD/2SS/RS Painted Rally Stripes
I replaced my Metra with the Scosche and a new Sony XAV-701HD. No Problems. Everything works Great!!!
3GPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #230
ken1171

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartin7700 View Post
Not all kits are defective I have the new kit and everything works like it suppose to
I really don't think it is a question of the kits being defective. I think it is a question of Scosche admitting there is a problem and stop feeding us the BS line of "We cannot reproduce the issues." They need to take the time to gather as much feedback from people who are having the issues and rewrite the firmware in the units. All of the features in the kit work, the kit itself is messing with the cars data and interfering with all of the systems listed in this very long post. If you are not having trouble, consider yourself one of the very lucky ones.
ken1171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #231
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
yea i have the scosche and everything is working properly
Old 09-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #232
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1171 View Post
I really don't think it is a question of the kits being defective. I think it is a question of Scosche admitting there is a problem and stop feeding us the BS line of "We cannot reproduce the issues." They need to take the time to gather as much feedback from people who are having the issues and rewrite the firmware in the units. All of the features in the kit work, the kit itself is messing with the cars data and interfering with all of the systems listed in this very long post. If you are not having trouble, consider yourself one of the very lucky ones.
Have u gotten to them to send u new hvac? All my problems went away with the last one they sent me. That's been a while back
Old 10-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #233
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
My Scosche kit works perfectly.
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #234
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Photo....
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:52 AM   #235
jjwvette

Drives: Corvette StingRay
Scosche is a POS

Well after a little over a year and mind you my car sits on a lift all winter or anytime it's raining,so maybe about 3000 miles a year I drive it.

Having all the dreaded issues these units have:

Can't unlock doors unless your only 10 feet away.
Tire pressure senors going nut's
ect. ect. ect,

Coming home Thursday the unit finally went to sh_t,everythink went blank and just keep clicking on and off.

Called support tech,in which was no help because I had already unplugged
the unit and waited inside my car for 15 minutes and did the reset.
And issue reappeared...it's a POS and so is the maker Scosche.
Because my unit was bought from ebay over a year ago,no warranty I was told to buy another install kit
ya right like I'm going to give them another $300 to $400 for something thats junk,now I know why the Alpine install kits stopped being made,its from the same POS maker scosche
So I took the radio out and put in the factory unit until someone like Kenwood comes out with a install thats works.

For anyone thinking about doing a double din for the Camaro, I say don't give these thiefs anymore money for these units,they aren't worth $5

Sorry for the rant I'm just tired of spending good money for JUNK
jjwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #236
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I don't have an aftermarket kit installed. After reading all of your woes with these kits, it seems like it's just not worth it. It used to be easy to swap a radio out for something better, but now the car manufacturers are incorporating key elements of the car into the radios, which makes it difficult to make a proper kit. The days of putting in aftermarket radios have taken a walk towards the sunset. I have an 04 cavalier that I put an aftermarket radio in and had problems with that as well because of some security lock thing. I wound up cutting the car side of the harness and directly wiring it into my car. And it has a preamp which needs a signal to get it to turn on, I had to run new speaker wire to get any sounds out of them, otherwise I had to put the stock radio in the trunk or some garbage. My friend had a 99 beetle where if she changed the radio the check engine light would stay on because it ran through the radio. She wound up buying a cd changer and had to use an FM modulator back then as well. I miss the days of putting in car radios, but ultimately the manufacturers don't want to make it easy.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #237
Dieseldoug22

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Conv.
Just piling on here but I just installed my kit this past weekend. As I was installing I saw nothing in the instructions about the Blue wire that was "hanging out" of the harness. Finally turned to my buds here and found the answer. Of course to no avail the screen wouldn't come on. Tied resetting it every way from Sunday and nothing. The buttons all worked but no screen.

So I sent it back to Scosche and they are "checking it out" Hopefully I will hear something back this week. I am also having the remote distance issue. If that doesn't get better I will personally drive up to the factory (50 miles away) and show them what's up.
Dieseldoug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #238
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
I never realized the lack of distance thing was because of the kit.. I thought my fob was dead. Well.. they really should fix it AND I have a new kit. Go figure
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote