Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #253
Sinister1

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS2
Never considered the install of the Scosche GM5120AB were the root of these issues. I noticed the range of my Fob had been reduced to about 35feet. Also the left rear TPMS has been giving me that "_" error code. Haven't yet seen these other issues. I noticed the issues within days of installing the scosche kit.
Sinister1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #254
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister1 View Post
Never considered the install of the Scosche GM5120AB were the root of these issues. I noticed the range of my Fob had been reduced to about 35feet. Also the left rear TPMS has been giving me that "_" error code. Haven't yet seen these other issues. I noticed the issues within days of installing the scosche kit.
Tell them to send u a new hvac.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:08 PM   #255
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
So its def. RF interference caused by the kit ... would there be a way of adding some sort of newfangled RF cancelling blanket over the rear of the kit to try and mitigate it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:50 AM   #256
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

It's really that they have some bad hvac units causing all that interference. The replacement I got eliminated all of my problems. Tire sensor bugging out. Garage opener distance, and remote start distance all are back to normal with the new hvac unit. However I hear they still can't figure out why.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:03 AM   #257
jjwvette

Drives: Corvette StingRay
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
Kit was installed yesterday. everything works. Only thing I noticed is the loss of range with the key remote about 15 to 20 foot where it was double that. I did notice the range is better when you have clear line if sight t the car. Aside from that I like the kit and the look
Give it time
jjwvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #258
jjwvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
It's really that they have some bad hvac units causing all that interference. The replacement I got eliminated all of my problems. Tire sensor bugging out. Garage opener distance, and remote start distance all are back to normal with the new hvac unit. However I hear they still can't figure out why.
Where did you get a replacement unit?

How much?

Where did you get that info from?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #259
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwvette View Post
Give it time
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but seriously I am hoping no issues.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #260
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Quote:
Where did you get a replacement unit?

How much?

Where did you get that info from?
The replacement was from scoshe and there was nothing i had to pay. They themselves gave me all this info
Old 01-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #261
jjwvette

Quote:
The replacement was from scoshe and there was nothing i had to pay. They themselves gave me all this info
So if they know that the unit's have issue's why aren't they sending out replacement parts to all that have these fault's?

I was told to do the install over again and again. WTF
Amd when it finally completely stopped working was told because I got mine off ebay I had to deal with them....bull sh.....t I say,it's there unit not ebays.

Sounds to me like someone needs to start a class action suit.

Thanks for the info
Old 01-16-2014, 10:05 PM   #262
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

sounds like u have a unique situation jjwvette since you didnt buy a new one. With a new one you would have warranty. I havent heard of them refusing a swap for warranty folks. Unfortunately there are risks when not buying new
Old 01-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #263
jjwvette

Quote:
sounds like u have a unique situation jjwvette since you didnt buy a new one. With a new one you would have warranty. I havent heard of them refusing a swap for warranty folks. Unfortunately there are risks when not buying new
I didn't buy used,it was a new unit in a unopended box and even if it was used and they know that they have issue's with this POS,do the right thing and fix it.

Just because I got mine for $299 and not the bend me over backwards price of $399 does not mean my unit should not be covered.

I'm just glad I didn't buy a car that had this already installed and had these problems and not the factory radio to put back in
Old 01-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #264
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
I didn't buy used,it was a new unit in a unopended box and even if it was used and they know that they have issue's with this POS,do the right thing and fix it.

Just because I got mine for $299 and not the bend me over backwards price of $399 does not mean my unit should not be covered.

I'm just glad I didn't buy a car that had this already installed and had these problems and not the factory radio to put back in
The same thing happens when you buy radios. If you do not buy from an approved dealer they will warrant the radio. It should not be that wa but it is.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #265
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Quote:

sorry i assumed it was used because of Ebay. I bought mine new from Sonic Electronix for 249 with full warranty. Not sure how the Ebay thing works but im sure it wasnt an authorized dealer
Old 01-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #266
bubbagumper6

Drives: 2010 LT RS
I guess you can add me to the list of people having issues. I believe my kit to be one of the newer ones too but my remote entry doesn't work unless I'm <10ft from the car and I get the occasional tire pressure warning.

Not the end of the world, I still think having the upgraded radio is worth dealing with these issues but it would be nice to be able to remotely lock my car again....haha
bubbagumper6 is offline   Reply With Quote