Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-15-2015, 02:58 AM   #337
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hallo,

i installed my scosche kit yesterday with a Kenwood DNX9210BT. All works fine. I have bought the kit at Phastek Performance. There was the kit out of stock after Christmas and after it was in stock i have ordered one. The installation manual is now a new one, was signed with GK5201AB, the others i had ordered are signed with GM5201B. The new kit works fine, no issues. I hope it will be so. The firmware version is 80.2. My TPMS works with frequenzy 433 mhz, is a european version of Camaro, modelyear 2013. I have grounded the kit explizit behind the Radio. There is a srew at left side of the Radio bay. At this srew i have grounded all ground wires.

Best regrads from Germany
opossum
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:38 AM   #338
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
any users here retain their factory reverse camera? If so what wire did you tap to do so.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #339
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hallo,

the connector X4 behind the radio has the pins 5 (+) and 15(-). These pins you have to connect to the rear camera input of your aftermarket. I have soldered at the wires of X4 a new wire and these new wires i have soldered to a chinch connector. That was it.

Best regards from germany
opossum
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:39 AM   #340
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I tapped straight to the battery for mine
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #341
Bile_Won
Killer Tomato

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible
I finally got a replacement from Scosche last week and installed the new module this weekend. My issues were:
1.) 4-ways would come on and not shut off.
2.) When 4-ways did go off after following the instructions from tech support, they came back on sometime in the middle of the night.
3.) TPMS faults, right front (passenger) tire was the only one to send a report.

After install everything was perfect. Now please understand I did not use a Name Brand Head unit like advertised. I used an AutoPumpkin.com head unit that is a pure Android unit 6.95 inch display multi-touch DVD, Wifi, etc...

After driving around for about 5 hours shopping (remember it was Valentines Days) with my wife, the TPMS faulted again. Same issue right from tire was the only one sending a signal. Yesterday while driving the Scosche unit made three bongs chimes, and the TPSM started working again. Since then I repeated my steps, going to and from. The faults has not come back. Keep in mind this is a Factory Certified and Tested unit.

I have all my functions including On Star, I have better sound and control of the sound with the 10 band equalizer. I have Navigation, I have, the ability to program my steering wheel controls my way. I have SiriusXM app, so I still get XM radio.

My door locks work from over 100 feet away, My Garage Door works with the home link.

If I keep getting TPMS faults I will come back and let you all know, but for now. I am happy.

Now on to how I got everything working.

On my Android unit I have two Steering wheel control connections. But in the 2011 2SS I have I have one wire. That means you can only use the Volume, and SRC buttons. The Phone button would work if I opted out of On Star, but I wanted to keep it, so I do not have a button to control the phone.

So my Head Unit is fully modular, which means I can add the extra wires for cameras, Second Zone Video (not doing this as no one will sit in the back seat anyway.)

I have taken the second USB and the AUX in and tapped into the console so I still have that function too. Besides the USB in the console is only a Mini USB to Full Size USB adapter, it is easy to go to a local department store and buy a longer cable. The AUX input I wired and soldered those to a 3.5" male and plugged that into the Head Unit's AUX input. I doubt I will use it, but it is there in case I do.

Okay so here are some tips for you.

The Light Blue wire from the GM5201AB harness is the Steering Wheel wire for Kenwood units. The 3.5" is for Pioneer. I used the Kenwood wire to connect to the Android Head Unit.

In the Scosche module settings for after market units, I chose Pioneer ( I know don't tell me). Once I setup this way all the steering wheel controls could be mapped.

I used the reverse wire from the GM5201AB to connect ti the Reverse in, on the Android unit, now I get the back-up camera when I put the car in reverse. (I just need to run the wires to the Head unit from the camera. (Ran out of time).

The DVD playback warning and blocking is connected to the Parking brake wire from the GM5201AB.

Again, all the functions work. Also I used the Metra AM/FM antenna adapter to have AM/FM, I did not buy the Scosche one.

So with this setup, the only thing I am missing is XM without the Internet. But I have WI-FI hot sport in my phone and it connects perfectly and I have XM. So the shark blade antenna is not functional, but the next owner (if I ever sell it) will be able to re-install everything back to factory.

Cons of my setup:
1.) Had to cut the GM5201AB face plate to fit the larger 6.95 screen. If you go with a 6.2 inch screen you will be fine, I wanted bigger.
2.) Fears of the TPMS sending faults. By the way, when I use my OBDII scanner (either one) the PCM doesn't show a fault.

Cons of the GM5201AB:
1.) Lots of faulty units on the market, make sure you are buying a new unused unit for the warranty and tech support.
2.) It is hard to read the Oil Pressure gauge in the center console. I am tall, so I have to lean over to read it.
3.) This unit is dangerous, as you keep messing with all the stuff, and you try to drive, so heed my warning. Keep your eyes on the road please!

Pro's of my setup:
1.) I have all the capabilities I had before plus many more. Including the use of Torque on the head unit with a Bluetooth ODBII adapter, works perfectly.
2.) I can play videos, not just DVD's, You tube, Pandora, iHeart, Slacker. etc... Google Play store even has Live back grounds of Camaro's for the background.
3.) Sound Quality is so much better, I can't even begin to describe how good it is. No speaker or AMP changes made and the sound stage has been revitalized beyond my expectations.

Over all, I am happy. I wish you all good luck, if Scosche can tell me why the TPMS is variant and can help solve that I think it is a perfect solution if you make sure you have the latest software on the GM5201AB control module.

Once they get back to me, I will add the response they give in hopes you get satisfaction, and we all have what we expected when we bought the units.
Bile_Won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:46 PM   #342
GetYouOne

I will say the company I bought my Sosche dash kit from tests the unit before they ship it in their camaro. Made me feel better about buying it.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 AM   #343
vgradio

Drives: ZL1 convertible 2013 Silver Ice
Does the latest sw release work with the ZL1 2013 now?
I' ve read a few posts stating that it was not supported.
Thanks
vgradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:32 PM   #344
j.curt

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
I received my new unit from Scosche late last month after the 1st warranty exchange. The sent me a "tested" unit and now the screen is just a bright white light. This is getting ridiculous. It is starting to get old uninstalling this thing and paying for the return shipping.
j.curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:00 AM   #345
GetYouOne

Have had mine installed for a month now and everything works perfect.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #346
crash12928

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LT V6
Had my scoshe kit in for 3 weeks now. Had the dinging issue happen once as I got into the car. I turned it off then back on and hasnt happened sence
crash12928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:58 PM   #347
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bile_Won View Post
I finally got a replacement from Scosche last week and installed the new module this weekend. My issues were:
1.) 4-ways would come on and not shut off.
2.) When 4-ways did go off after following the instructions from tech support, they came back on sometime in the middle of the night.
3.) TPMS faults, right front (passenger) tire was the only one to send a report.

After install everything was perfect. Now please understand I did not use a Name Brand Head unit like advertised. I used an AutoPumpkin.com head unit that is a pure Android unit 6.95 inch display multi-touch DVD, Wifi, etc...

After driving around for about 5 hours shopping (remember it was Valentines Days) with my wife, the TPMS faulted again. Same issue right from tire was the only one sending a signal. Yesterday while driving the Scosche unit made three bongs chimes, and the TPSM started working again. Since then I repeated my steps, going to and from. The faults has not come back. Keep in mind this is a Factory Certified and Tested unit.

I have all my functions including On Star, I have better sound and control of the sound with the 10 band equalizer. I have Navigation, I have, the ability to program my steering wheel controls my way. I have SiriusXM app, so I still get XM radio.

My door locks work from over 100 feet away, My Garage Door works with the home link.

If I keep getting TPMS faults I will come back and let you all know, but for now. I am happy.

Now on to how I got everything working.

On my Android unit I have two Steering wheel control connections. But in the 2011 2SS I have I have one wire. That means you can only use the Volume, and SRC buttons. The Phone button would work if I opted out of On Star, but I wanted to keep it, so I do not have a button to control the phone.

So my Head Unit is fully modular, which means I can add the extra wires for cameras, Second Zone Video (not doing this as no one will sit in the back seat anyway.)

I have taken the second USB and the AUX in and tapped into the console so I still have that function too. Besides the USB in the console is only a Mini USB to Full Size USB adapter, it is easy to go to a local department store and buy a longer cable. The AUX input I wired and soldered those to a 3.5" male and plugged that into the Head Unit's AUX input. I doubt I will use it, but it is there in case I do.

Okay so here are some tips for you.

The Light Blue wire from the GM5201AB harness is the Steering Wheel wire for Kenwood units. The 3.5" is for Pioneer. I used the Kenwood wire to connect to the Android Head Unit.

In the Scosche module settings for after market units, I chose Pioneer ( I know don't tell me). Once I setup this way all the steering wheel controls could be mapped.

I used the reverse wire from the GM5201AB to connect ti the Reverse in, on the Android unit, now I get the back-up camera when I put the car in reverse. (I just need to run the wires to the Head unit from the camera. (Ran out of time).

The DVD playback warning and blocking is connected to the Parking brake wire from the GM5201AB.

Again, all the functions work. Also I used the Metra AM/FM antenna adapter to have AM/FM, I did not buy the Scosche one.

So with this setup, the only thing I am missing is XM without the Internet. But I have WI-FI hot sport in my phone and it connects perfectly and I have XM. So the shark blade antenna is not functional, but the next owner (if I ever sell it) will be able to re-install everything back to factory.

Cons of my setup:
1.) Had to cut the GM5201AB face plate to fit the larger 6.95 screen. If you go with a 6.2 inch screen you will be fine, I wanted bigger.
2.) Fears of the TPMS sending faults. By the way, when I use my OBDII scanner (either one) the PCM doesn't show a fault.

Cons of the GM5201AB:
1.) Lots of faulty units on the market, make sure you are buying a new unused unit for the warranty and tech support.
2.) It is hard to read the Oil Pressure gauge in the center console. I am tall, so I have to lean over to read it.
3.) This unit is dangerous, as you keep messing with all the stuff, and you try to drive, so heed my warning. Keep your eyes on the road please!

Pro's of my setup:
1.) I have all the capabilities I had before plus many more. Including the use of Torque on the head unit with a Bluetooth ODBII adapter, works perfectly.
2.) I can play videos, not just DVD's, You tube, Pandora, iHeart, Slacker. etc... Google Play store even has Live back grounds of Camaro's for the background.
3.) Sound Quality is so much better, I can't even begin to describe how good it is. No speaker or AMP changes made and the sound stage has been revitalized beyond my expectations.

Over all, I am happy. I wish you all good luck, if Scosche can tell me why the TPMS is variant and can help solve that I think it is a perfect solution if you make sure you have the latest software on the GM5201AB control module.

Once they get back to me, I will add the response they give in hopes you get satisfaction, and we all have what we expected when we bought the units.
heads up everyone, I just ordered the Scosche kit as well and I'm about to pull the trigger on a pumpkin deck. I will keep everyone posted as well.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 11:07 AM   #348
crash12928

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro LT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12928 View Post
Had my scoshe kit in for 3 weeks now. Had the dinging issue happen once as I got into the car. I turned it off then back on and hasnt happened sence
So much for no issues...
crash12928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:27 AM   #349
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
I've had a total of 3 kits now.

1 - Constant chiming wouldn't stop, would only happen on remote start (didn't know about the hazard button)

2 - No issues (sold with 2013 Camaro)

3 - No issues (current 2014 Camaro)
Old 03-29-2015, 07:37 PM   #350
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.curt View Post
It does turn off. Scosche said it is a faulty unit and they are sending me a new one.
My amps wont turn off no matter what I do even after the key is taken out of the ignition and I open the door. My battery will be dead by morning if I leave it the way it is now. With the stock interface put back in, amps turn off as expected when key is removed or when I open the door.

When I disconnect the main harness plug with the leaver thingy, the amps all shutoff (this is with or without a headunit attached).

I'm lead to believe the scosche unit I have is defective. I contacted scosche, lets see what happens.

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote