Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 06-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #1
RoachDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
most popular mods for Autocross

I have tried this once and had fun. I found a local sports car club that does regular events so I am signing up.

I plan to upgrade my sway bars. What would you guys do next? I know that is a wide open question so let me say I am not going to spend a ton of money and I am going to do this one step at a time.
RoachDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #2
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
You have to first decide what class you want to run. If it is F-Street I would personally not touch anything on your car for the first couple events. Latwr dial in your alignment and as long as you are running the "go to" tires I would leave the car alone for the first season to really learn it. If you are set on sway bars either go bigger in the rear or smaller in the front. Have fun.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I have only done road coarses, but recommend ZL1/1LE rear toe links (22845487). They are inexpensive and make a difference. For me it removed a lot of the rear steer/sponginess in hard turns. There are spherical bushings in the ZL1 toe links that have zero deflection vs rubber in the stock SS links. The 2010 has the older style cradle bushings so you might want to upgrade those with inserts at the same time as you need to drop the cradle a little (let the cradle hang on the 4 bolts) to remove the driver's side upper bolt on the toe link.

Before you do the rear sway bar consider going to 2012+ rear lower control arms, which will allow you to use the FE4 (2012 SS), FE5/FE6 (ZL1/1LE) bars.