Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-04-2007, 11:08 PM   #57
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Average Markup Value I'm guessing. I don't know.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:52 PM   #58
rid2win
The Deal Maker

Drives: Regal And Shadow 750
lol...

it is obvious that he can't read of hear...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRich View Post
I went to a dealership this weekend and we was talking about a new silverado and then we started talking about the new camaro. We was talking and out of no where he said that they are going to start out at 40,000 i said 40,000 I'm thinking more about 30,000 then he said that the aren't going to be mass produced like in 69. I should have set him straight but i didn't and say then why did bob lutz say that they are planning on selling 150,000 a year isn't that mass produced. So i asked him if he was talking just for the first year and he said no what an idiot.
rid2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #59
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
you know I went to a dealer ship here where I bough my 07 tahoe, and they were like we have no idea. You could probly find more info on the net. I told him I did and told him about this website the guys loves it. But I wish they did know something that didn't.
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #60
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
What's AMV stand for? I've never seen it on a car before.
AMV stands for Adjusted Market Value. Which means that they Adjusted the price to what they think they can sell it for.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:07 AM   #61
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Anyways back to the original post.

It would be very nice to see 150,000 car roll of my line a year, more work, more overtime, tons more cash for me.

However, you need to be reminded that this is a BRAND new FLEX LINE in my plant. We wont be trained on it until about a late OCT/SEPT timeframe IF it does not change. The Flex plant HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED YET.

We need to be re-trained on new tooling, procedures, handling, area awareness, orange crush zones, saftey, any new plant policys, GMS which is is big one "General Motors Slavery" we all call it, Body shop need to learn how to do their stuff concering the car. Body shop is a HUGE mini complex within our car plant #1 where the camaro is being built. Pint shop needs to be trained, paint has to be tested for the new car, filters changed out. The paint shop cant be shutdown to do this for the camaro, the impalas and buicks get painted in the same mods and booths.

Trim and hardware need to train on fit and finsh and any problems that may occur. And finally Our stamping plant will need alolt of training to produce the body panels for the car without any imperfections. Plus we also rely on our suppliers as well.

We will be focusing on QUALITY for this car. We WILL NOT release even 1 sub par Camaro. I can safely bet that the cars will NOT be rolling off the line like the Impalas at 500 a shift. Once the initial bugs are ironed out, then i can see up ramping up and adding more shifts for the car as there is only 1 shift slotted for the camaro. I really really hope we can pump out 150,000 a year, we really need it "GM"

And i know for a fact how many Camaros are lined up for first year production run as it was a big part in our end of the year meeting before we went on Xmas break. But i will not tell you the numbers as i am quite sure GM does not what that information out in the open.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #62
Johnnyp65
GM Fan

Drives: 2009 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Johnnyp65
hey we probably know more than they do!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:59 PM   #63
Fbodybuddy

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8
"do not care what any one says i refuse to pay above msrp as well.

the dealer ship i plan on buying mine from might not mark it up but if they do they can kiss my money good bye"

If those idiots want to overcharge MSRP+ they can kiss my money and my a$$ as well.
Fbodybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote