Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #29
chadrcr
to Z or not to Z

Drives: 99 S10 ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
well you cant make it look the exact same. "retro" is starting to slowly go away......people are gonna start wanting future looking cars again.

by the way......very nice color combo in your SIG. I want to put red boss striping on my black stang
The 'retro' thing has been going strong for 50+ years.... the 'big 3' have only been seriously retro for a short while, their participation may decrease, with the economy and such.... I like the way ford and dodge went totally retro, it filled some of the demand, I am sure GM could have sold tons of 1969 copycat Camaros... then transistioned to what we are now getting (2010) they will all move into the future (hopefully) and become more contemporary.But, the demand for 'retro' Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros will continue... the ability to purchase may be limited for a while. Let us hope for the best for all 3.

99 S-10 ZR2
06 GMC Z71 - - - sold...
getting ready for my Camaro
02 Z28 - - - sold :( miss it!
chadrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:52 PM   #30
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
I really dont see why you all think that just because the mustangs and camaros of the future might be all 4 or 6 cylinders that they have to be FWD. Can you say AWD? or even tradition RWD. why does it have to be FWD? there is no reason
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #31
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
Can you say AWD? or even tradition RWD. why does it have to be FWD? there is no reason
CAFE regulations. Eventually it will become so strict that in order to meet it's standards they will have to be FWD. AWD normally gets worse mpg then an identical car with RWD and FWD normally gets better mpg then RWD.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
CAFE regulations. Eventually it will become so strict that in order to meet it's standards they will have to be FWD. AWD normally gets worse mpg then an identical car with RWD and FWD normally gets better mpg then RWD.
yup. and if it can happen to the Mustang, it can happen to the Camaro too
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote