Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #1
vernal

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
Magazine article alerts

Is there a way that the community here can notify the rest of us regarding magazine articles that deal with modding the new Camaro? Over on the Mustang side of my brain I get MMFF and 5.0, which are constantly coming out with tech articles on how to mod new (and old) Mustangs. It took about 3 months for them to start modding a 2010. I'm talking cold air swap, then a dyno, then headers, then a dyno, etc - cold, hard numbers per mod.

A quick check through the newsstand today had a few mags on modding older Chevy's and older Camaro's, but I didn't see the same type of magazine as I get with Ford. A friend got me an issue of RIDES magazine because it had a Camaro section, but it wasn't so much a tech section but rather a buyers guide. (Frankly, that magazine should be called RIMS, because I have never seen so many adds for rims in one place in my life!) I've heard of a magazine called "GM High Performance" but haven't seen it yet, and I'm hoping it will be the same thing. So my plea is for anyone who sees a magazine with an article about modding and wrenching on the new Camaro, please let me/us know!

Also, if there is a better forum to put this in please let me know. Forum newbie here!

Last edited by vernal; 12-16-2009 at 06:45 PM.
vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
I'm a writer/photog for GM High Tech Performance, as well as Camaro Performers and Chevy High Performance. Quite a few articles out in the last few months. Realize that it typically takes 2-3 months for something to get published once it is submitted, that is why you might have noticed the lag on those Mustang articles.

Tony W.