Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #15
Darin Morgan
Reher Morrison Racing

Drives: Inferno Orange SS/RS
I drove my L99 for months before I did anything to it and have drove many since. I tune them all the time. I have never had that happen and all of my friends in the business have not heard of it. It could be so many things. It could be the TCM module is corrupted (confused) and not shifting correctly in certain instances or the VVT/DOD is kicking in because it not coded correctly in the ECM. Many Many Many things and you wont find out what it is unless you can find a dealer who is not a dick OR better yet, take it to a Professional tuner in your area and have him log it. He can drive around with you and you can show him what it does. Leave it with him and let him log and drive it back and forth to work a couple days until it happens to him. This way you can SHOW the dealership a log of whats going on. This WILL NOT violate your warranty in any way. Then you you can show them that something is wrong and they have to fix it.
2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM, 475rwhp 415ft/lbs Cam-232°/245° .612 .612 113LSA. Precision 3500 stall, New Era CAI. Reher Morrison Heads, Manifold and TB. Ferrea H-stems, dual springs, Ti-retainers. American Racing long tubes-Xpipe, High flow CATs, "S"type Borla's. 160F Thermo.
VVT ACTIVE! Thanks to New Era Performance!

Darin Morgan
-Induction R&D-EFI calibration
Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
http://www.rehermorrison.com/rmSale3.htm
Phone 817-467-7171
cell 682-559-0321

Darin Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Morgan View Post
I drove my L99 for months before I did anything to it and have drove many since. I tune them all the time. I have never had that happen and all of my friends in the business have not heard of it. It could be so many things. It could be the TCM module is corrupted (confused) and not shifting correctly in certain instances or the VVT/DOD is kicking in because it not coded correctly in the ECM. Many Many Many things and you wont find out what it is unless you can find a dealer who is not a dick OR better yet, take it to a Professional tuner in your area and have him log it. He can drive around with you and you can show him what it does. Leave it with him and let him log and drive it back and forth to work a couple days until it happens to him. This way you can SHOW the dealership a log of whats going on. This WILL NOT violate your warranty in any way. Then you you can show them that something is wrong and they have to fix it.
excellent advise
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, acceleration, automatic, jerk, shaking