Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2009, 09:05 AM   #29
SS Vazz
It is what it is!

Drives: 2SS/RS Blacked out
And Waiting..........
SS Vazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #30
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
"Wish I had an iPhone!" ?

+1

that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #31
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper612 View Post
You want pictures of the problems?
hahaha
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #32
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
First off I want to make it clear that I really like this car.

Now for the issues after 1600 miles:

About 20% of the time the key fob does not unlock the car, I have to open the car with the key, the car starts to flash (hurry up before the alarms goes off), need to start the car, then press the unlock button to open the passenger side.

About 10% of the time I have to press the lock button about 10 times before the car will lock.

If you use a USB drive with MP3's on it for music, the stereo needs to re-index the list every time you insert the memory stick into the USB port (slow). Aside from this, you need to unplug the memory stick and put it back in before it will recognize the stick is even there after a restart of the car.

So I switched to an Ipod Touch, now no need to index anymore, after about an hour in the car the screen freezes (still getting music) and it does not update the next song that comes on, or any new songs for that matter. You need to shut the car down and restart to reboot the thing, turning it on and off does not do the trick, you need to turn the car off (odd).

The bluetooth is now acting up with my iPhone, it has started to crackle when I talk to people, I only hear every other word they say. I turn off the "General Motors" bluetooth and back to "Iphone" and everything is normal, not a signal issue.

The button to open the sunroof to vent most of the time opens the roof all the way back. You will learn to be fast and press it again if it starts to slide back, and if you quick enough you can stop it close to where you intended it to be. If you close it a few times it will finally just vent as designed.

So the question is, any one know if there is a firmware update for the Camaro yet to address some if not all these issues?

Thanks.

-Travis

My Grand Am did the same thing with the sun roof... I think their actuater is just too sensitive, I'm not sure this is a bug.
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:29 AM   #33
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
Bluetooth with IPhones have been a problem in Corvette. I would be curious what people with Blackberry's have to say.

My Blackberry works great with the bluetooth...love it!!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #34
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
No issues with my key fobs. Don't have sunroof or blue tooth phone so can't help you there, sorry.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #35
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
First off I want to make it clear that I really like this car.

Now for the issues after 1600 miles:

About 20% of the time the key fob does not unlock the car, I have to open the car with the key, the car starts to flash (hurry up before the alarms goes off), need to start the car, then press the unlock button to open the passenger side.

About 10% of the time I have to press the lock button about 10 times before the car will lock.

If you use a USB drive with MP3's on it for music, the stereo needs to re-index the list every time you insert the memory stick into the USB port (slow). Aside from this, you need to unplug the memory stick and put it back in before it will recognize the stick is even there after a restart of the car.

So I switched to an Ipod Touch, now no need to index anymore, after about an hour in the car the screen freezes (still getting music) and it does not update the next song that comes on, or any new songs for that matter. You need to shut the car down and restart to reboot the thing, turning it on and off does not do the trick, you need to turn the car off (odd).

The bluetooth is now acting up with my iPhone, it has started to crackle when I talk to people, I only hear every other word they say. I turn off the "General Motors" bluetooth and back to "Iphone" and everything is normal, not a signal issue.

The button to open the sunroof to vent most of the time opens the roof all the way back. You will learn to be fast and press it again if it starts to slide back, and if you quick enough you can stop it close to where you intended it to be. If you close it a few times it will finally just vent as designed.

So the question is, any one know if there is a firmware update for the Camaro yet to address some if not all these issues?

Thanks.

-Travis
All I can say is I'm glad I got a 1SS and will be wnjoying my "muscle car" free of these issues.. However I do hope the sunroof works as it should..
Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #36
1982camaro

Drives: 1982 camaro
more reason to wait for the 2011's.
1982camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #37
viper612

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Well I tried a new key fob this morning. Even worse, I pressed it 30 times to lock the car, no luck.

Guess I will get used to using the key for now, not the worst issue.

More Info on the bluetooth, everything was OK this morning, I was on the phone talking, then another call came in, first call was now scrambled (heard every other word), after the new caller hung up, everything back to normal.

So the question is, if the local dealer can not solve these issues, what is the next step?

Thanks.

-Travis
viper612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #38
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982camaro View Post
more reason to wait for the 2011's.
but some of us arent that patient!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #39
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Did you check your neighbor's garage door when you're pressing buttons?(opening/closing..like the commercial)..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #40
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Whats your Vin#?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #41
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewenched View Post
I always ditch the stock key fobs and put in an aftermarket alarm. Really dont like the thought of someone possibly having the same fob and unlocking my car.

My car is bayed in canada ..... sigh..... I want to play with my toy!
They don't work like that if thats the case the aftermarket would be the same. All the cars may share similar frequencies but the codes are matched paired to your vehicle much like Bluetooth devises. They would be programed at the factory and or at the dealership.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #42
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Well I tried a new key fob this morning. Even worse, I pressed it 30 times to lock the car, no luck.

Guess I will get used to using the key for now, not the worst issue.

More Info on the bluetooth, everything was OK this morning, I was on the phone talking, then another call came in, first call was now scrambled (heard every other word), after the new caller hung up, everything back to normal.

So the question is, if the local dealer can not solve these issues, what is the next step?

Thanks.

-Travis
Try another dealer or keep taking it back till they or GM gets tired and fixes it right. Document everything and every visit, take a deap breath and realize this is a early car in a first year run these things can be expected. I'm not going to go into lemon laws and that may not pertain to this case but anyhow keep anoying them till it works right. Theres no reason you should have to press your fob 30 times to lock or unlock a door.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote