Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
glad they are taking care of it for you.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #16
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Yikes, I'll do my steel Heritage wheels myself thank you.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #17
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock View Post
OMG!!! Thats the worst tire job i've ever seen. If its not perfect sue them,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post
They will never touch my car again.. trust me...
I don't blame you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
COR Forged

Drives: SS
Send a message via AIM to COR Forged
I would have had a heart attack, I'm sorry this happen to you.

I always recommend our clients that when servicing wheels or tires to always check out the tire machines being used prior to allowing them to move forward. The newer tire machines have plastic sleeves that snap over the metal clamps that prevent these scratches from occurring. In my tire changing days (many centuries ago) these plastic sleeves didn't exist so I would use duck tape to wrap up the clamps when I was working on high end wheels. I still see the duck tape method being used by some shops and this works like a charm also so don't let it scare you if you see it lol.
COR Forged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #19
ineedjava

Drives: 2010 Camaro rs/ss
Ya, same thing happened to me, however it wasn't that deep. Having to re-balance the one tire, they F!$*ed up the rim. They made no deal of it until I got all fired up and only then did they offer to re-polish the polished aluminum rim. Looks good now. Be careful when you turn away from your car anywhere, including the dealership.
ineedjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #20
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
That sucks. Also this is my biggest fear when I need new tires.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #21
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
My worst nightmare...
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #22
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock View Post
OMG!!! Thats the worst tire job i've ever seen. If its not perfect sue them,
They are not doing the repair and I have faith in the place that is. so I don't think it'll come to that.. I may go and kick some a$$ before I go the sue route..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATCMRO View Post
I would have been hot had that been my car! At least they are going to fix them. Good luck to you, hopefully they look better than new when they get done!!
O trust me.. I was pissed.. I couldn't even talk I was so mad. There was no telling what woulda came out of my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblue camaro View Post
I had a similar problem happen at the dealer. they gave the first oil change free so had them do it get the car back and one rim is scratched to hell and had paint on it. i complained about it and after five different people looked at it they said that they would take care of it. so they were just going to have their wheel guy fill it in but that was going to take weeks for some reason so they rip one off one of the camaros on the lot so i got a new rim and a new tire.
Well.. That worked out well for you..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDAN View Post
Here's my tire store horror story. I took my 2002 SS for new tires at NTB. The teenage tire changer did not use the jacking pads under the car to lift it. He put the lift pads under the fender seams in front. They bent under the car. The gen4s were plastic. I didn't notice this until one day I was on the passenger side of the car and noticed that the door didn't line up properly. When I looked under the car and saw the damage I knew that to much time had gone by to do anything about it. I was sick! I am glad that you are going to get some satisfaction with your damage.
I was worried about that.. them jacking up my car the wrong way and bending her.. I even told them to be careful where they placed the jack.. Guess I should have told them to be careful and not scratch my rims..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Same thing happened to me at a tire place I've used for many years. My rims weren't AS bad but still bad. They basically told me sorry not our fault we didn't do that. They then offered me a "credit for future work", I told them to stick it up their you-know-what. I now go to the place across the street, who swaps a set of tires for 10 bucks less and knows not to scratch my rims. Unfortunately the scratches are still there :(

:( That sucks.. I bet that's driving you crazy..I know it would drive me nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSS View Post
HOLY CRAP! there would have been steam coming out of my ears and bullets flying out of my gun(s).... J/K about the bullets part, but not far off... haha
That's about how I was.. I literally had to cover my mouth so I didn't make things worse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
Me too.. But we've used them for almost 10 years and my husband takes all his work trucks there so they know us..Plus the damage was clearly done by them..
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #23
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
So far I've only had good experiences with Discount Tire. I hope it turns out looking good as new and they give you some kind of extended warranty on the wheel repair. That is simply unacceptable no matter who you are or what kind of car the wheels/tires go on.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #24
SSPower
Surely thou jivest...

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 CGM/IOM stripes
Wow...i'd be pissed, hope they take care of that mess !
SSPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 AM   #25
autobotaz

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaber99 View Post
My worst nightmare...
Try watching the lot attendent at the dealer put your car (with only 80 miles on it) into 1st gear instead of reverse then smack it into a truck. That was my nightmare. Ended up with a new bumper off a new Camaro but only after they failed at painting two new replacements. I can't imagine letting some tire place even touch my car right now.

Keep an eye on your baby no matter where you take it.
autobotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:12 AM   #26
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Gez man, that is pretty bad. Least they are going to fix it. Still sucks though. I have had my car dented 2 times now by the dealer on warranty work. Fixed every time but still upsetting and the hassle of having it fixed.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #27
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblue camaro View Post
I had a similar problem happen at the dealer. they gave the first oil change free so had them do it get the car back and one rim is scratched to hell and had paint on it. i complained about it and after five different people looked at it they said that they would take care of it. so they were just going to have their wheel guy fill it in but that was going to take weeks for some reason so they rip one off one of the camaros on the lot so i got a new rim and a new tire.
same thing happened to me when i went in to get some warranty related work done at the dealership. They screwed up my rim and i showed it to them and they tried to tell me that it was there and that i must have done it and just didn't know...i was so mad they then agreed to fix it and they got it repainted at some third party location. when i went to pick my car up they had ended up repainting both the front rims when only one was damaged so i got mad...the rims had way to much powder coating on them and they didn't match. My car had a full tank of gas when i dropped it off and when i picked it up it was down to half a tank...where did my gas go? so after i picked it up i received a call the next day asking to take a 5 min survey about my experience and i told the lady what happen and she got in touch with the manager and he got in touch with me and told me to bring my car in. so i did. they ended up giving me two new rims and tires off of a lot car im guessing. i knew they were new cuz i checked to see if the tires still had the nipples and they did.
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09

Last edited by Sevn86; 09-22-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #28
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Almost looks like they swapped out your rims for a beat up pair, man so many horror stories lately! Hope the repair goes smoothly for you.
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote