Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Video review and how-to: TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner

TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner is an extraordinary tire cleaner designed to remove brake dust, silicone, and other contaminants from the tire's surface.
  • Deep clean tires and rubber safely and quickly
  • Fast acting formula removes silicones, grease, and grime
  • Use prior to treating with TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat

TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner is designed to cleanse your tires of any polymers, silicones, waxes, grease, or dressing. If you don't clean your tires often they can become stained with brake dust and road grime residues. If your tires have been the victim of cheap tire dressings they may be coated in faded, hard to remove dressing. TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner quickly and effectively deep cleans your tires, removing any contamination, and leaves them clean and natural. If you are going to treat your tires with TUF SHINE Tire Clear Coat you must use this product first to guarantee proper performance.

TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner is not an all purpose cleaner designed for multiple uses. It is a dedicated tire cleaner, designed to deep clean rubber surfaces. Use TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner prior to applying TUF SHINE Tire Clear Coat or any tire dressing for best results. You can use TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner to clean stained rubber floor mats as well.

Caution: May cause minor spotting on some uncoated aluminum wheels. These can be polished out. With TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner, you only clean the tires once with the cleaner to prep the tire. Do not use after TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is applied.

Application Instructions:
  1. DO NOT clean tires in direct sunlight or when the tires are hot.
  2. Spray cleaner on tire and allow to stand for 30 to 60 seconds.
  3. DO NOT ALLOW CLEANER TO DRY ON WHEELS OR PAINT.
  4. Wet a bristle scrubbing brush and scrub tires thoroughly, working the cleaner into a lather. REPEAT this process a second or third time for extremely dirty tires.
  5. The suds should appear white when the tire is properly cleaned. Remember, TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat will stick to rubber, but it will not stick to silicone from old dressings.

Application Notes:

Investing extra time cleaning will yield excellent results. The tire should be CLEAN and BLACK, whitewalls/letters should be BRIGHT WHITE. Use this cleaner for initial cleaning only. After TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is applied, harsh cleaners are no longer necessary. Wash the tires with the same solution that is used on the paint, using a wash mitt or soft carwash brush.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Vin Diesel in the house!

Hahah jk great review, I actually just got my Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner in about 3 days ago

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Vin Diesel in the house!

Hahah jk great review, I actually just got my Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner in about 3 days ago
Sweet, let us know what you think!!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I'm looking for reviews as well! I probably go through a bottle every 2-3 weeks so I need one that works well but isn't too expensive since I probably use a lot of it. This one looks really good and not too expensive either so this might be it!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I'm looking for reviews as well! I probably go through a bottle every 2-3 weeks so I need one that works well but isn't too expensive since I probably use a lot of it. This one looks really good and not too expensive either so this might be it!
An option would be to use the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat after cleaning. This is a permanent tire dressing that will eliminate the need for using tire cleaners ever again. Once applied and cured, TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat will only need regular soap and water to keep clean.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #6
lscamaro

Do you have any videos on how to do that or how it looks after applied? Would it be clean the tires, dress them and then apply the clear coat or just clean and then apply the coat?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Do you have any videos on how to do that or how it looks after applied? Would it be clean the tires, dress them and then apply the clear coat or just clean and then apply the coat?
I'm actually going to shoot a video in a little bit and it will be up later today. I will link it to this thread.

You clean the tires first (they must be perfectly clean). The "Tire Clearcoat" IS a permanent tire dressing. It will loose some shine after a while, at which point you would just apply more Tire Clearcoat (dressing), but the protection is permanent. Brake dust and road grime will simply wash away using regular soap and water, and the tires will bead water like waxed paint (although not as dramatically).
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
lscamaro

Hmm... Extremely interested in that then. I will be on the lookout for that video! Thanks Todd!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
Hmm... Extremely interested in that then. I will be on the lookout for that video! Thanks Todd!
The video is done. I just have to process it. I will get it up ASAP.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
Todd@Autopia

Quote:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...93#post5723393
Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
lscamaro

Todd, do you think one bottle of the tire cleaner will be enough to do the whole car or should two be bought if you're going to go through the cleaning routine to apply the clear?

Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Todd, do you think one bottle of the tire cleaner will be enough to do the whole car or should two be bought if you're going to go through the cleaning routine to apply the clear?
One bottle should be enough to do at the very least one to two cars. I used the product today for the first time

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 10-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #13
lscamaro

And what was your experience with it? how'd you like it?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #14
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

At the end of the video in my thread, I actually use it and talk about it

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...66#post5724266