Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
mxkx250

Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
Was there an SS/RS at Indy?

I have been looking on here for pictures but can't find any. I have dial up so some of the threads I can't get all the way through. If someone can post the pictures here I would appreciate it.
mxkx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Dont think so the indy thread was miss labeled saying ss/rs showcased it should've said ss and rs showcased it got my hopes up 2
shroomjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
mxkx250

Drives: 12 ZL1, 98 Camaro SS, 67 RS/SS
Send a message via Yahoo to mxkx250
I am disapointed. I was hoping since they originally said that many color and different models would be there. I am not as sad that I couldn't make it there now. Especially since all the great pictures that were posted. Thanks guys and gals.
mxkx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
No camaro rs ss at Indy??

so they didnt even reveal an rs ss there?? man id be pissed if i went all the way over there cuz by the sound of it they were gonna have all the models and all the colors... and by that i mean ON the camaro. Kind of a let down this whole thing.
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzmo49 View Post
so they didnt even reveal an rs ss there?? man id be pissed if i went all the way over there cuz by the sound of it they were gonna have all the models and all the colors... and by that i mean ON the camaro. Kind of a let down this whole thing.
They did state at the presentations that they REALLY wanted to bring more Camaros, but with so few available to date they just couldn't. Can't spill ALL the beans just yet. They still have a few tricks up their sleeves!
It is correct that there was not a RS model there that had the unique SS features.

From our clubs standpoint (CICC) we were a bit worried about it but it was beyond our control. Most did seem very happy to see what was there though.

Mike Lakin
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #6
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Any clues on when they will reveal the SS/RS? I am really looking forward to seeing one.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
no rs/ss at indy. just the red and yellow rs v6 and the silver ss that fergie danced on. and the black and white IVER
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
2010_5thgen

i drove 5 hours to get there and it was worth it for me just to see the car. i only stayed for 3 hours because of rain, but it was worth it. i even sat in the yellow rs and i dont think we were allowed to. it felt gOOOOOOOd!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #9
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:

well.............ok................

There are a total of 4 -- (soon to be 5) Show cars --

Silver SS (at Indy)

Black SS (now silver -- at NBC Studios)

Yellow RS (at Indy)

Red RS (at Indy)

.........and we brought an IVER so that people could sit in it -- and also look at what may be an iconic vehicle from the past year.

Believe me -- we wish we could have had a Camaro in every color -- but to do that would have meant moving the event to November -- do you think people would have wanted to bring their Camaros and Firebirds and Corvettes out in November (meaning those who live north of the mason/dixon?????)

What we DID do was to ensure that we had a new GM car on display to represent each of the 10 colors --

White G8
Orange Solstice
Cyber Gray ZR1
Red Z06
Imperial Blue Cobalt SS
Red Jewel Malibu LTZ
Aqua Blue HHR
Black Equinox Sport
Silver Traverse
Yellow RS -- and they were all in the courtyard in a row............

Moreover, we had 14 cars for everyone to drive - from Cobalt Turbo SS and Corvette to G8 V8 and CTS -- not to mention Tahoe Hybrid and Silverado
Duramax and Solstice.................

I do believe most people were glad they'd made the trip.........

............and then there was the opportunity to talk to engineers and designers........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:43 PM   #10
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
It was well worth it. I am actually glad the other cars were there to represent the colors, because that was more cars i got to sit in

I was hoping there was an rs ss there, but when i got there, i was so amazed and having so much fun, i didnt even think about it.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #11
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
Yeah I agree with fbodfather, it still seems like I missed out. To me, that yellow LTRS would have been reason enough to go. Would have come, too, but not even the camaro is worth Leavenworth... Again, thanks to all the people who posted pictures and more importantly, the inside scoops from talking to the engineers. Besides, we've already seen pictures of RS SSs out there, haven't we?
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM   #12
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
well.............ok................

There are a total of 4 -- (soon to be 5) Show cars --

Silver SS (at Indy)

Black SS (now silver -- at NBC Studios)

Yellow RS (at Indy)

Red RS (at Indy)

.........and we brought an IVER so that people could sit in it -- and also look at what may be an iconic vehicle from the past year.

Believe me -- we wish we could have had a Camaro in every color -- but to do that would have meant moving the event to November -- do you think people would have wanted to bring their Camaros and Firebirds and Corvettes out in November (meaning those who live north of the mason/dixon?????)

What we DID do was to ensure that we had a new GM car on display to represent each of the 10 colors --

White G8
Orange Solstice
Cyber Gray ZR1
Red Z06
Imperial Blue Cobalt SS
Red Jewel Malibu LTZ
Aqua Blue HHR
Black Equinox Sport
Silver Traverse
Yellow RS -- and they were all in the courtyard in a row............

Moreover, we had 14 cars for everyone to drive - from Cobalt Turbo SS and Corvette to G8 V8 and CTS -- not to mention Tahoe Hybrid and Silverado
Duramax and Solstice.................

I do believe most people were glad they'd made the trip.........

............and then there was the opportunity to talk to engineers and designers........
i was very glad i decided to go. i drove from ohio to make it there just for the seminar and unfortunately i had to leave after it started raining, but at least i saw the car.i am planning on staying the whole weekend next year. i wish i could have talked to some of the team. and im not sure if we were allowed or not but me and my buddy sat in the yellow rs. if we werent allowed im sorry and if we were, it was awesome. ill give you his information if you want to senf the suburbans after him.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #13
2010_5thgen

here he is
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2008, 08:59 PM   #14
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
I never read anything that said they were gonna have all models and colors?? I guess you cant make everyone happy after all........... I personally would like to thank Fbodfather and the entire team that brought our beloved Camaros to Indy and I didnt even get to go. It takes alot of time and hard work to pull something like that off. While im at it I would like to thank all of the people who took loads and loads of photos and kept the rest of us updated on Indy. I didnt get to go but it feels like i was there!

Thank you Fbodfather!
Thank you Camaro team!
Thank you Camaro5 members!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote