Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Flywheel issue?

I recently had a ZR1 clutch installed that I'd bought used from a reputable seller here on the site. I've since noticed a slight shudder when I rev over 4500 rpm whether the car is in motion or not, and it doesn't matter if the clutch is engaged or not. I first noticed it when I took it to the track a couple Fridays ago. It was the first time I'd run it hard since getting the clutch. Could it be the flywheel became warped? I'd really hate to spend another $800 on another flywheel!
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
I seriously doubt the flywheel is warped, I assume it's an aluminum one with steel insert...regardless did you get the two balanced together before they were installed? Was the dragstrip the first time you took the car over 4500rpm or the first time the problem surfaced?
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@SNLPerformance View Post
did you get the two balanced together before they were installed?
X2

I just replaced my clutch and flywheel. The new ones I installed were marked to be assembled in the same manner in which they were balanced. The factory one I removed was also marked. I would make sure the new one was installed correctly.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #4
Rabamaro

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@SNLPerformance View Post
I seriously doubt the flywheel is warped, I assume it's an aluminum one with steel insert...regardless did you get the two balanced together before they were installed? Was the dragstrip the first time you took the car over 4500rpm or the first time the problem surfaced?
It was the first time I had noticed it. I had Lethal do the install. I'm not aware of any balancing prior to install.

Would an imbalanced flywheel cause the problem I'm having?
Vararam Tune CAI, Vararam Power Wedge, 160 degree stat, VMax ported throttle body, Ceramic coated ARH 1 7/8" LTs with X-pipe, Borla S-Type Axle back, MGW short throw, 3.91s, Ported stock IM, BTR Stage IV cam, Heritage Grille, Backup camera, UMI Performance trailing arms and toe rods, dyno tune
Rabamaro is offline   Reply With Quote