Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
some help installing my fuel system...

How hard is it to install injectors, jre eforce fuel rails? Im sure theres a general DIY somewhere for general LS injectors.. Ill look it up. Did cam swap myself so thatll tell ya how mech inclined I am. And for the zl1 fuel pump do I only have to drop driveshaft and exhaust to drop fuel tank? And can i do that on jackstands or is that out of the question? Thanks.
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Injectors are a PITA to get in and out. Technical? No, but they'll fight you for a little bit. Rails are simple too, few bolts and they lift off of the injectors. Also, relieve the pressure in the rails before you pull em.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Just pull the old injectors out being careful. Clean up the holes if necessary.Push the new injectors in being careful. If the new ones don't want to go in, you can use some lubricant such as a tiny amount of oil on the orings to help. You will know when they are in place. Then tighten down the bolts, nuts etc for the rails and reattach fuel lines.

Some people will place the injectors in the rails first and then install them into the intake. Just go slow and be careful.

For the pump, you have to drop exhaust and driveshaft, and lower cradle or remove cradle, undo tank straps to access the fuel pump area. OR you can remove your back seat, and being EXTREMELY careful, cut an opening to reach the old pump. There is a thread on here somewhere that has measurements and tips to do that.

You can do either on jackstands. My Squash setup was done in my garage on jackstands.

LPE's instructions to install their pump. Same basic steps will be followed for any installation of a pump.

LPE instructions

Easiest way is to cut the hole but I understand why many people won't do that.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #4
forklord

Hmm. I may just let the shop do the pump then if i gotta mess with the cradle. Floor cutting is temptin tho lol....looks like I may have to remove my coils and such to get at the injectors....between the top of the blower and heads its gonna be a tight squeeze ... holy shiz
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
Old 01-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #5
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I cut the hole and made a hinged door. That way it is easy to change the pump should I ever need to. To cut the hole you need special tools. Do not use any kind of oscillating blade cutter or you will be replacing the tank. There is less than an inch of clearance.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
forklord

so im about to do injectors...they came with crimps and little o-ring seal type things. I thought they were plug and play when it comes to installation? They must be for different connector types? ID isn't answering the phone right now.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
The O-rings are to replace your old ones from the old injectors. The crimp connectors will allow you to splice the supplied injector connector into the Camaro factory wiring, however, I'd of thought they would have sent you application specific injectors, as in not having to hack the factory wiring harness.

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:50 PM   #8
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Access hatch will make fuel pump swaps easy for the next time you run out of fueling.