Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2017, 09:01 PM   #1
NVERL8TE
 
NVERL8TE's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tiverton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 90
Post Boost meth

Is anyone here running a post boost meth set-up? I've heard that running meth pre boost on the ZL1 can wear the coating off the rotors. Opinions or other options?

Last edited by NVERL8TE; 05-21-2017 at 03:16 PM.
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:11 PM   #2
Hixson
 
Hixson's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS L99
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Quad Cities, Iowa
Posts: 434
before and after of meth...not worth it - stay in school
Attached Images
 
Hixson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #3
NVERL8TE
 
NVERL8TE's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tiverton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixson View Post
before and after of meth...not worth it - stay in school
Glad you got treatment and could share your real life experience!
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:57 AM   #4
N2O
 
N2O's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVERL8TE View Post
I anyone here running a post boost meth set-up? I've heard that running meth pre boost on the ZL1 can wear the coating off the rotors. Opinions or other options?
in for the same information!
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL1 - CAI intake
N2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #5
DSX Tuning

 
Drives: 2012 CTS-V
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 160
Pre boost meth will have pretty much no cooling effect. Post boost is a much better option IMO. The phase change from liquid to vapor gives it a massive cooling effect which you won't get when spraying pre boost.
__________________
Austin, TX
314-322-3283 --- dave@dsxtuning.com
Flex Fuel - Fuel Pumps - Harnesses - Tuning - R&D
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:53 PM   #6
NVERL8TE
 
NVERL8TE's Avatar
 
Drives: 1967 Camaro BBC, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tiverton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX Tuning View Post
Pre boost meth will have pretty much no cooling effect. Post boost is a much better option IMO. The phase change from liquid to vapor gives it a massive cooling effect which you won't get when spraying pre boost.
Do you know of a complete setup that's available?
NVERL8TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 AM   #7
ABADZL1
ZL1 Pilot
 
ABADZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TN
Posts: 1,524
https://prometh.com/collections/nozz...nt=32563342222
__________________

GP Tuning 2.5 Cam, Ported Blower, Kook's Headers, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ID850's, 9.17 Lower, 2.5 Upper, JMS BAP, Pedders Front Radius Arm Inserts, Whiteline Subframe Inserts, Tuned by me with HP Tuners
Idle Clip Link...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTL8S9eHwbs
ABADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #8
tailwind22
 
Drives: 15 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Moses Lake, WA
Posts: 1
Can any folks comment on their results after installing post boost meth? Specifically how much additional boost lbs and timing was added and power results?
tailwind22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #9
Redbeard11
 
Redbeard11's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 camaro
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Canton ga
Posts: 27
After I went FI I was making 520/566. Dropped 1 pulley size and added a meth kit from alky control and went up to 576/566. Later did a btr 3 cam and went to634 at the wheel. Last week went back and added a second nozzle of meth and dropped pulley down 1 more to 3" and went to 675 at the wheel. These cars seem to love methanol ! Plus it cuts my air temperature by almost 40%. Watched it on the dyno myself. Can't go wrong in my opinion with it.
Redbeard11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 03:23 AM   #10
N2O
 
N2O's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Pakistan
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard11 View Post
After I went FI I was making 520/566. Dropped 1 pulley size and added a meth kit from alky control and went up to 576/566. Later did a btr 3 cam and went to634 at the wheel. Last week went back and added a second nozzle of meth and dropped pulley down 1 more to 3" and went to 675 at the wheel. These cars seem to love methanol ! Plus it cuts my air temperature by almost 40%. Watched it on the dyno myself. Can't go wrong in my opinion with it.
you were injecting meth before the throttle body?
__________________
2013 Camaro ZL1 - CAI intake
N2O is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.